Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Plants know when they being eaten
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: October 22, 2014 08:59PM

the study showed that when the plants felt or heard the caterpillar-munching vibrations, they sent out extra mustard oils into the leaves. When they felt or heard other vibrations? Nothing. It’s a far more dynamic defense than scientists had realized: the plant is more aware of its surroundings and able to respond than expected.

[modernfarmer.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Plants know when they being eaten
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 22, 2014 10:55PM

Trees are conductors of cosmic, sun energy into the earth.
Hugging a tree is a love experience.
We are eating life.

Date: October 23, 2014 12:20AM

According to spiritual masters the plants do know when they are being eaten or harmed, and l can tell you some amazing stories to provide a good case for this being the reality. For eg, I was recently told a story from a friend who said she had planned to pull out a plant, but suddenly the plant provided fruit for it's first time ever to stop it from being pulled out. This happened various times with plants she planned to pull out,the plants made a compromise to give their fruit in order to stay unharmed where they were....they did a deal. She also tells me about her spiritual connection with plants like she can read them.

Some say various high level beings sometimes choose to come back as plants so they can experience what it is like to be eaten. Countless experiences and lifetimes give enhanced knowledge and wisdom.

I feel very connected to plants. While l don't feel bad for eating them, l do feel bad for inflicting harm on a plant unneccessarily (eg, clearing out a certain weed or trimming a bush)....l always say sorry.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 23, 2014 01:30AM

<<I was recently told a story from a friend who said she had planned to pull out a plant, but suddenly the plant provided fruit for it's first time ever to stop it from being pulled out. This happened various times with plants she planned to pull out,the plants made a compromise to give their fruit in order to stay unharmed where they were....they did a deal. She also tells me about her spiritual connection with plants like she can read them.>>

i wanna plant like that
where can i get one? smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 23, 2014 01:33AM

i love plants
when i eat them
i become them cuz i am them cuz i ate them

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: October 23, 2014 01:39AM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i love plants
> when i eat them
> i become them cuz i am them cuz i ate them

If you substitute the word "plants" that is very similar to Jeffrey Daumier's view on his eating habits.

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: October 23, 2014 02:24PM

That is not a fair comparison

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 23, 2014 03:40PM

there is a current trend to compare the lives of plants to the lives of animals. This aims at justifing animals eating other animals - humans feeding from other animals. But humans are hervibores and there is not need to kill other animals. Thus, humans are designed to feed from the plant kingdom. Picking a head of lettuce is greatly different than picking a head of an animal. If you don't belive that, I can show you videos that vividly show the difference.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: October 25, 2014 03:58PM

Yes, someone has recently started saying this at social events with food and meat. "Plants have feelings too". I never respond, as I know its just in jest. Somehow I don't think he is advancing the fruitarian option.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 25, 2014 07:02PM

when someone ask me why, I respond "would you eat another human?" humans have feelings.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: October 25, 2014 08:53PM

I would not eat another human. Jeffrey Dahmer, you are what you eat. Plants are alive. I always thought that trees remind me of hairs on my arm. I heard plants if you pee on them will give you the nutrients you need in their fruit, also your period blood.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables