Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

feeling under the weather
Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: December 13, 2006 05:18PM

I can't believe this!

My daughter gave me the flu. I haven't had the flu for years - everyone else gets it, not me! How did it get to be my turn?

My throat is so sore, it hurts to swallow, and if I start coughing, it's hard to stop. I made some warm lemon water with a little agave nectar to sip on, but that's too strong. The lemon burned my raw sore throat.

I had forgotten how miserable it is to feel like this. I don't feel feverish, but when my daughter was sick, she was quite feverish, so that might be coming. I have the fireplace going full blast, and just can't seem to get the house warm enough.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: feeling under the weather
Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: December 13, 2006 05:56PM

Sorry to hear you are sick. The flu is absolutely awful. I have had it once in my life (2 years ago) and it was terrible. Had a 103 - 104 degree fever for about 4-5 days. Just keep trying to drink lots of fluids.

If you can get your hands on some elderberry juice, it is said to shorten the life of the flu bug! If you get terribly congested, I highly recommend and herbal tea called "Breahte Deep" and it is by Yogi tea. Dirnk about 3-4 cups per day and it works miracles!

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Posted by: Oneris ()
Date: December 14, 2006 09:36PM

High high alkaline foods and drinks. Cuucumbers and wheatgrass. A friend of mine used to have a list of various pH levels of a bunch of things ranging from the worst, which was like whisky or something, to the best which was wheatgrass. Cuucumbers and sprouted items were also high up there(any leafy greens). Water is neutral pH, with lemon is positive. smiling smiley

Posted by: jono ()
Date: December 14, 2006 10:59PM

I'd go for some olive leaf extract.... it kills viruses and reduces inflammation. I keep a bottle ready in case the bird flu hits. They probably have it at whole foods or other health store.

And of course, lots of fluids, rest, and fresh oranges are good.

Posted by: FruityJules ()
Date: December 15, 2006 02:42AM

Bless your heart.

I would go with lots of rest and sleep, and all the oranges and orange juice I wanted.

Since you're already down for the count, you can use this time to really rest and heal in lots of ways and purify your body with oranges. You will feel amazing afterwards!

Hang in there. . .

smiling smiley

Love,
Julie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables