Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw food while pregnant?
Posted by: Gurkan82 ()
Date: December 13, 2006 10:31PM

My question is this, is there anyone who believes that it is dangerous to eat raw food, 100%, while pregnant? Anyone who has "tried"? smiling smiley If so, is it anything special you have to think about?

I heard that the "delivery" went much, much smoother after a "raw pregnancy" than on a "cooked pregnance", is this true?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw food while pregnant?
Posted by: apple ()
Date: December 14, 2006 02:43AM

Check out www.thegardendiet.com, Jinjee has written about her experiences with her raw versus cooked pregnancy experiences.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 14, 2006 05:38AM

omg, after a year of raw at 5 mos i was STARVING! man, i could not eat enough. i was shovelling nuts and avos in and i was ravenously hungry. it sure wasn't possible for me, even with great guidance from gabriel cousins. i don't know how it's done, i was H.U.N.G.R.Y.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: December 14, 2006 08:13AM

Hello!

I own a Living Food Health & Care Facility here in Sweden.
www.levandefoda.se

My wife is 22 years old, been raw for almost 6 years and myself is 20 year old and been raw for almost 2 years now.

My wife is in her 8 month (soon 9th) and we have been through struggle, emotional and fysical.

She wanted only fruits in the beginning. The only wanted kiwi, orange, peach and avocaodo (and sometimes nori). The only wanted that for 3 months, and she lost some weight, emotions and, I gess, crap in her body.

After that she ate compressed food, like living bread and dried thing, but NOT sweet things. I gess the baby doesn't like that. =)

And now the last 3 months it's been food-pie (everything raw offcourse), pizza, mashed-cauilflower with "Swedish meat-balls" (yeah, we like to make the raw version of the usual cooked food."

Right now we're making "pepparkakor", that is a swedish treat for christmas.

And the folks at thegardendiet.com is great friends to us. If you talk to them, say hi from us. =)

Any more questions?

// Love Jacob & Katrin

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: December 14, 2006 05:41PM

Wow, you and your wife are the young and own that place? That's amazing! Good for you!

Date: December 14, 2006 06:11PM

Our bodies are young but our souls are a couple hundred years old.

We just made a raw Kebab salad today, ever heard about that kind of food? It's was amazing.. And I gess the baby liked it too. =)

Yeah, and today we walked like for 5 hours in the christmas rush. Thank god to the raw food, because without it, pregnant women just sit like a sack of candy in the sofa all day long.. =)

// Kisses

Date: December 14, 2006 06:23PM

Wow! thats amazing!
thank you Healthybun for sharing your experience about your wife's pregnancy!

I really admire you both!
I am really looking forward to your "julbord" smiling smiley

Date: December 14, 2006 08:01PM

What is a "raw kebab" salad?

Congrats to you and your wife on the pregnancy! When will the little one be arriving?? smiling smiley Being a parent is such a joy. It's so much more than I could have ever imagined. Truly a wonderful adventure!

Date: December 14, 2006 08:06PM

Let's see if I can do this picture posting thing right...here's my little Angel, who is almost 4 years old already! It goes so fast!

Date: December 14, 2006 08:06PM

wow, that's a big picture. Sorry about that!

Date: December 14, 2006 08:09PM

Is she a "raw child"? She's very beautiful!

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: December 15, 2006 12:33AM

hee hee, she's cute!

Date: December 15, 2006 11:43AM

My wife have been a maiden (in her younger days) and taken care of fruitarian children, cookedfood-children and spoiled children. She can really tell the difference:

The fruitarian children hardly screamed, cried or was angry in any way. They we're happy, communicated perfectly and we're happy the most of the time.

Yeah, and the cookedfood children; Do I even have to tell you about how they act? It's such a difference.

It's only 5 weeks to go until the little Love will come.

Take care!

Date: December 15, 2006 03:46PM

My daughter is raw for the most part. I love the fact that her favorite snacks are any kind of fruit, and raw carrots, red peppers, cucumbers, and broccoli. She will choose to snack on those over anything else.

Thanks for the compliments on my daughter - she is my angel!

And Healthybun, you are right about the different attitudes in children. My daughter is one of the happiest kids I have ever met! I can't say that I have ever seen her angry or grumpy! She is a joy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2006 03:47PM by Yogamama.

Date: December 15, 2006 07:46PM

Glad to hear that Yogamama! Say hello from us here in Sweden to your beautiful daughter.

Date: December 15, 2006 08:31PM

I will! And give that new baby a kiss from us when he/she arrives!

Date: December 15, 2006 10:44PM

i'm just laughing to myself as i eat a mostly cooked lunch with my almost 6 year old. he's one of the sweetest, most loving, caring and sharing human beings of any age that i've ever met. as for my non-raw second pregnancy, i can't say that i've spend much time on the couch myself.

love the raw food, love the natural lifestyle but i'm not so keen on the gross generalizations. many paths to the same destination after al, and it sure takes more than a meal to make a person who they are.

Date: December 16, 2006 02:49PM

Yes, food is only one of many points in how a child is behaving. I'm having a quest right now here with a 1 year old boy. They want to know more about to take care of their and others health (including their little boy).

She said once that when she only breastfed, the boy was behaving differently when she was a 100% Living Foodist and a cooked foodist.

I can just say... interesting... =)

What do you think?

Date: December 18, 2006 03:45PM

coco - I apologize if my post seemed like a gross generalization....my point was really more about how I believe that it's true that kids who eat HEALTHY (not necessarily RAW) are more "happy" than kids who eat a diet full of sugar and processed foods. My daughter isn't 100% raw either...she eats some cooked meals. But, she definitely eats very healthy, and I think that makes a huge difference in a childs attitude!

Date: December 19, 2006 07:29AM

no offense taken, i just had a wee chuckle.
know what i think? i think that a parent who's more inclined to care about the quality of food that nourishes their family is the kind of parent who's more inclined to care about the emotional and psychological well-being of their family as well. it's all part and parcel of a prevailing attitude. when you care enough to take a look at alternatives and do something out of the ordinary it shows, it's energetically reflected in the behavior of those around you too.
when i breast-fed the quality of food made a difference in how i felt because he was literally sucking all the goodness out of me! if i didn't get enough high-quality nutrients, especially essential fatty acids, i was tired and bedraggled. that makes a huge difference.

Date: December 19, 2006 03:36PM

I agree completely about everything that you said! Sometimes, I wish more parents would give a lot more thought to what they were feeding their kids, AND how they were treating their kids! People always gave me such a hard time for being so picky about the things I ate when I was pregnant and breastfeeding. It made such a huge difference in how I felt, and how the baby felt!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables