Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Scientific Proof Carbohydrates Cause Disease
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: November 03, 2014 01:52AM

There's no Spanish inquisition, but someone who makes lofty claims that "higher beings" and the "gods" are channeling dietary information through themselves and fermented urine is one of the recommendations that comes through is setting themselves up for some inquiry no???

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 03, 2014 02:08AM

Eventhough it is good to let people know the absurdity of professional sport or exercising for hours on end, lets get back to the original topic.

Now...when l went on a water melon fast l reported a decline in mental functioning and said l was ready for the nursing home. I see various people on fruit diets who seem to have poor mental functioning both in mood and the ability to think logically and understand basic concepts.

I was not sure why and if there was any science on this subject, but recently l found some science that showed my intuition could well be spot on with this issue. I will post this link again...it comes from my `fruit is bad' files smiling smiley

Higher glucose levels associated with lower memory and reduced hippocampal microstructure

Lucia Kerti, MA, A. Veronica Witte, PhD

[www.neurology.org]

chronically higher blood glucose levels exert a negative influence on cognition, possibly mediated by structural changes in learning-relevant brain areas. Therefore, strategies aimed at lowering glucose levels even in the normal range may beneficially influence cognition

There was also a well known natural hygiene raw fooder intervewed recently and he had a blank look and went off on tangents not relevant to the questions. He looked really confused and out of his depth with the simpliest issues. Me and other people ask why so much vagueness, but now me see my intuition may be spot on afterall when l see this study below:

Glucose Levels and Risk of Dementia

Paul K. Crane, M.D., M.P.H., Rod Walker, M.S

[www.nejm.org]

Our results suggest that higher glucose levels may be a risk factor for dementia, even among persons without diabetes

Fruit is best in strict moderation imo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2014 02:19AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: November 03, 2014 02:21AM

TSM is diagnosing his own carb troubles with the internet search tools oh oh watch out. There could be many causes! yet he picks the one that promotes the high fat diet while demonizing carbs

Example

Reactive hypoglycemia: [en.wikipedia.org]

Unclear thinking
Sleeping Trouble
fatigue
dizziness
light-headedness

Hypoglycemia [en.wikipedia.org]

Abnormal mentation, impaired judgment
Nonspecific dysphoria, moodiness, depression, crying, exaggerated concerns
Feeling of numbness "pins and needles" (paresthesia)
Negativism, irritability, belligerence, combativeness, rage
Personality change, emotional lability
Fatigue, weakness, apathy, lethargy, daydreaming, sleep
Confusion, amnesia, lightheadedness or dizziness, delirium

CAUSE adrenals: [www.adrenalfatigue.org]

Adrenal Function in Hypoglycemia

Both stress and adrenal fatigue can contribute to hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) because of the key roles the adrenal hormones epinephrine, norepinephrine and cortisol play in blood sugar regulation. Stress (and the anticipation of stress) signals the body to raise blood sugar (glucose) levels in order to generate energy to respond to the stress. If the body cannot meet this higher demand for blood glucose, hypoglycemia can result. Stress may also provoke blood sugar swings that can have a cumulative effect on the body’s ability to maintain blood sugar balance, and aggravate hypoglycemic symptoms. In fact, some of the symptoms of hypoglycemia, such as irritability and nervousness, may sometimes be the effects of high levels of stress hormones rather than of the low blood sugar itself. During adrenal fatigue, when adrenal hormone levels are lower, it becomes harder to maintain blood sugar balance, especially in response the increased demand from stress.* It has been known for almost a century that people who are chronically hypoglycemic are often also experiencing adrenal fatigue, and that people going through adrenal fatigue almost always have some form of irregular blood sugar pattern.* Hypoglycemia is the most common of these.*

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: November 03, 2014 04:06AM

>>>Fruit is best in strict moderation imo.

1. why don't i and others react so negatively to fruit as you and jtprindl do?

2. "people on sprout diets who seem to have poor mental functioning both in mood and the ability to think logically and understand basic concepts. "

do you have a mirror nearby?

show that eating fruit leads to high and/or sustained blood glucose.
your studies do not show that.

nice try though.

Date: November 03, 2014 05:13AM

fresh wrote:
"1. why don't i and others react so negatively to fruit as you and jtprindl do?"

An interesting phenomenon I've noticed is that the no-fruit/sugar eaters tend to have the most depressed/restrictive personalities across the board...

Note that I'm not down with the low fat 10% year round dogma either as I think that is dangerous and unbalanced as well...

Date: November 03, 2014 09:17PM

fresh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >>>Fruit is best in strict moderation imo.
>
> 1. why don't i and others react so negatively to
> fruit as you and jtprindl do?

Many have reported acting negatively to higher fruit diets over the years, especially in terms of blood sugar levels. Now...we need to be very wary of those fancy theories these days that cover the silly GI index and GI load that so many N.H folks love to talk about because we know the theory does not reflect the reality. People can eat low GI foods and still get high blood sugar from fruit because the floored theory does not take into acount various factors. You may want to read of some in this easy article:

[www.phlaunt.com]

So,why don'tothers react so poorly to fruit as me and jtprindl do? I would say that most are used to eating non fresh, often unripe food of dubious quality. If you eat a high quality diet and eat dubious store bought fruits and vegetables you will feel the difference in many ways, BUT, if you are used to eating such dubious foods you won't know any differencve because your body has adjusted to it. Same goes with SAD eaters who feel
good, their body adjusts to the dubious diet.

>
> 2. "people on sprout diets who seem to have poor
> mental functioning both in mood and the ability to
> think logically and understand basic concepts. "
>
> do you have a mirror nearby?

haha Fresh, haha. Get prepared Fresh and better get on your toes old son...l have got plenty of scarey studies to post in the future, all saying that high carb diets are dubious. And trust me Fresh, l am always checking for the latest research to call out fruit because l intuitively feel it is not good for most people when had in high amounts given the behavioural observations I have made on many people on high fruit diets over almost 6 years now.

Remember Fresh, you may feel o.k on a high fruit diet, but many don't do so well. Some like yourself are said to be in the minority group of being a slow oxidiser and hence can do well on high carb, but most of the population are said to be fast oxidisers and will not do well on high carb. Some experts say that most people will do well on higher fat and low carb after the transition period of a few or more weeks.

It is also interesting how people have seemingly swayed away from saturated fat and gone higher carb, yet heart disease appears to be worse since they started consuming vegetable oils and more high carb foods to replace meat.

>
> show that eating fruit leads to high and/or
> sustained blood glucose.
> your studies do not show that.

Blood sugar issues from fruit have been commonly reported.

I recently tested myself and got high blood sugar from water melon. According to the fancy theory the GI index was not supposed to do that, and normally my blood sugar is rock solid.

Fresh, we want to be sensible about these things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2014 09:22PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: November 04, 2014 12:44AM

TSM wrote:
"And trust me Fresh, l am always checking for the latest research to call out fruit because l intuitively feel it is not good for most people when had in high amounts given the behavioural observations I have made on many people on high fruit diets over almost 6 years now."

Calling out fruit is inane, fruit trees are the basis for Permaculture Food Forests that grow for 100's if not 1000's of years. This is OUR home. Check out the videos below for examples of what I'm talking about. Notice that he says it takes very little work to maintain.

Should we cut this all down to plant sunflower or alfalfa seeds so we can grow sprouts year after back breaking year laying the ground bare instead of tree'd??? Imagine if this were done worldwide and how the climate would improve for all living organisms on the Earth.

Listen to the diversity of foods that come out of these forests with little labor input once established. Annual monocrops are silly compared to the beauty of these forests...

300 Year Old Food Forest
[www.youtube.com]

2000 Year Old Food Forest
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2014 12:49AM by NuNativs.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: November 04, 2014 01:34AM

Personally, I don't think certain fruits are too big of a problem... if they're fresh, meaning picked directly from the source and eaten immediately or within minutes, if not 1-2 days. I wish I had access to truly fresh fruit because I would eat more of it, but store-bought fruit is mediocre at best and abysmal the majority of the time and if it's organic it's very expensive. I only eat organic but it's sad that we live in a world where we must pay a premium if we want real food not coated with pesticides, but the situation is even worse when the produce being paid for isn't even high-quality. From my experience, the majority of store-bought fruit is bruised and unripe. I would like to eat more of certain fruits but it's essentially throwing money away when it's store-bought. If I was living David Wolfe status and had my own land out in Hawaii to grow anything I wanted, I'd most certainly be eating more fruit. I'd still be taking algae's and juicing sprouts/grasses, of course, but I would eat more fruit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2014 01:34AM by jtprindl.

Date: November 04, 2014 02:37AM

again, your studies do not lead to your conclusion.

and your reasoning (dubious foods) doesn't make sense. makes more sense to consider the body (yours) that is reacting poorly.

i appreciate your attempt to explain your position however.

Date: November 04, 2014 03:07AM

and of course green juices can cause blood sugar issues, more than fruit.

Date: November 04, 2014 06:05PM

i know this will fall on deaf ears, but....

>So,why don'tothers react so poorly to fruit as me and jtprindl do? I would say that most are used to eating non fresh, often unripe food of dubious quality.
If you eat a high quality diet and eat dubious store bought fruits and vegetables you will feel the difference in many ways, BUT, if you are used to eating such dubious foods you won't know any differencve because your body has adjusted to it. Same goes with SAD eaters who feel
good, their body adjusts to the dubious diet.

or maybe your body is so filled with fats and dehydrated foods that you subsist on, that it can't handle fresh fruit.

there is no question some people don't react well to fruit. has nothing to do with fruit. their body is not healthy.

>fast oxidisers and will not do well on high carb.

they don't do well because not cleansed and addicted to other things.

>Blood sugar issues from fruit have been commonly reported.

this is meaningless. truly.

blood sugar is dependent upon the rest of the diet, bodily condition, condition of the blood specifically, overeating, quality fruit, etc.

has NOTHING to do with fruit being the cause.

>I recently tested myself and got high blood sugar from water melon. According to the fancy theory the GI index was not supposed to do that, and normally my blood sugar is rock solid.

it's supposed to go up and down. your body is likely filled with all the junk you pour into it, which causes problems that you blame on fruit.

Date: November 04, 2014 11:09PM

So what am l supposed to do Fresh?...live on greens and fruits bought from shops in the hope that l will become so cleansed that l will become a super human? I don't see many super humans living on high fruit diets, l mainly see people struggling and emotionally unbalanced on such diets. What about the high failure rate of people who live on such dubious diets who cleanse and cleanse and end up in starvation? Over cleansing in this mordern world could be a problem imo...we want to be taking in good levels of nutrient to protect us from the stress and pollution of the modern world. Fresh...l don't think this is the answser in this day and age.

In the old days when the world was less toxic and we had a good spritual connection l could see how the N.H diet may have worked for many, but these days my intuition says it is not do-able for many.

I think l would rather do what l have been doing and just avoid fruit, l do better that way.

My issue is that l don't like N.H being promoted without thorough warnings. I don't mind if people give it a try, but if they struggle l want to see N.H types guide them into something else.

If people were determinded to do N.H asked me about it, l would first tell them the dangers and then say `it is now up to you, give it a try if you want, but if you fail to thrive you are strongly advised to alter the diet'. See...l am not against people trying it, but l want people promoting this diet to be responsible by giving people sufficient info on the diet and it's high failure reate so they are under no illusion of what they are getting themselves into. + I want to see N.H promotors willing to advise a raw vegan change their diet if high fruit does not suit them. With me,lam flexible...l will work with people and make suggestions if various things don't work out. I want people to find what works best, and l am happy to go along with people preferring high fruit IF it works, and l have gone along with that idea at times.

We want people to thrive so we can't be stuck on certain ideas. We need to be flexible when we work with people, and the beauty of my diet is that it is flexible in that we can go low fat, high fat, higher fruit, low fruit, low carb, high carb, moderate levels of sprouts etc. I always suggest people try and do 50% sprouts. The problem with these N.H diets is they are not very flexible to one's needs, and such narrow ideas are always going to be doomed for failure.

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: November 13, 2014 09:12PM

I liked this thread a lot, thank you for your interesting and useful posts, I learned quite a lot and saw some good guidelines.
The Sproutarian Man, thank you for talking some more about your watermelon experiment (which I can relate to as I stated before), and for posting those studies which I will look into.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables