Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Juice fast
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: November 14, 2014 11:57PM

jtprindl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> The conclusion is that "On the basis of
> these results we conclude that some seaweeds
> consumed in large amounts can supply adequate
> amounts of bioavailable vitamin B-12".

Sure, nobody disputes the conclusion. Read the part that says CAN which means it can or cannot. So? You are in such delusional fad diet of SUPERFOOD ja ja ja never heard such a good joke. Superfood to you comes in bottles which constituents extracted from real food. Thus what you call superfoods are products that companies make just like any other supplement. Supplements have tons of studies too ja ja. You cannot even tell you are a victim. How much did the tiny bottle cost, $100? WO HO. That got to be a real SUPERFOOD. The higher the sticker price the more superfood it is ja ja. Made in New Jersey in a lab, delivered in a UPS truck. Hey, the UPS truck must know you really well. Has anybody seen your kitchen with all the bottles and pills with superfoods inside? I hate to break it to you, but that ain't RAW food.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2014 12:00AM by Panchito.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: November 15, 2014 12:10AM

"Sure, nobody disputes the conclusion."

Good, end of discussion.

"You are in such delusional fad diet of SUPERFOOD ja ja ja never heard such a good joke. Superfood to you comes in bottles which constituents extracted from real food. Thus what you call superfoods are products that companies make just like any other supplement. Supplements have tons of studies too ja ja."

Once again, your comments on super foods are completely irrelevant and mean absolutely nothing. All they reveal is that you are the only joke in this conversation. If you want to pretend to make yourself feel better, go ahead. Certain super foods provide significantly enhanced immunity, powerful antioxidant/phytochemical protection, are anti-aging, boost brain functioning, etc. I bet it kills you knowing that millions of people are getting these benefits on a daily basis and you aren't.

"I hate to break it to you, but that ain't RAW food."

Actually, most super foods are raw. Certain medicinal mushrooms might not be, but again that's irrelevant, who cares about being technically raw when the health benefits are vast? You're not even a raw foodist and you eat cooked cake, so it shouldn't be a problem with you anyways.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2014 12:13AM by jtprindl.

Posted by: tezcal ()
Date: January 03, 2015 06:09PM

I have a few questions regarding a juice fast which I will began yesterday

A) would drinking herbal teas aid or disrupt the cleanse? I have nettles, dandelion, echinacea, tulsi and pau d arco. I normally drink two gallon of water a day and wanted one of them to be this tea concoction

cool smiley same as first question but with superfood powders. I have a green mix by sunroof, and enjoy maca and cacoa. Would these disrupt it at all?

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 03, 2015 06:49PM

Tezcal:
A) would drinking herbal teas aid or disrupt the cleanse? I have nettles, dandelion, echinacea, tulsi and pau d arco. I normally drink two gallon of water a day and wanted one of them to be this tea concoction

Tai:
Hi Tezcal. Before I say my experience, let's examine the Gerson program which healed many of cancer. They would ONLY have the patients drink herbal tea and not water, because there is only so much space in the stomach a day and they already had the patients drinking 13 juices plus food. So, if it worked for them, how can it be bad for you?
Also, many herbal traditions both in the west and east, use herbal teas for healing since time immemorial. WHen some people are so sick, they can only drink and not eat and it can be tea that heals them.
Too much water can disrupt your electrolytes, so watch out for that.
My experience: I have helped people who couldn't keep anything down (vomiting) YET they could drink special herbal tea to heal their stomach and that made them stop vomiting. Some people can't drink water but they can drink tea.
So I hope you understand the answer now.
We are not supposed to give direct help on this forum according to the guidelines, but I will give a few pointers:
1) your formula looks okay for the immune system, but what about special mushrooms, like maitake for the betaglucans to kill the candida?
2) you said you had issues with nuts. Is that an enzyme issue or gallbladder issue? If so, are you taking things to help that?
3) have you analyzed the various probiotics for candida, such as Bio-k?
4) have you looked into the effects of garlic on candida (in combo with betaglucans/mushroom extract, Bio-K, and a strong immune boosting tea)?

Your last question about cacao...sometimes cacao can upset the stomach. Sometimes for some people, so if it happens to you, then it could interfere with how much you can consume. Then again, for some people cacao enhances the flavor and allows them to eat MORE greens, so if that is the case, for you, then it's good for you.

Posted by: tezcal ()
Date: January 04, 2015 12:11AM

Tai Wrote:

> Hi Tezcal. Before I say my experience, let's
> examine the Gerson program which healed many of
> cancer. They would ONLY have the patients drink
> herbal tea and not water, because there is only so
> much space in the stomach a day and they already
> had the patients drinking 13 juices plus food.
> So, if it worked for them, how can it be bad for
> you?
> Also, many herbal traditions both in the west and
> east, use herbal teas for healing since time
> immemorial. WHen some people are so sick, they
> can only drink and not eat and it can be tea that
> heals them.
> Too much water can disrupt your electrolytes, so
> watch out for that.
> My experience: I have helped people who couldn't
> keep anything down (vomiting) YET they could drink
> special herbal tea to heal their stomach and that
> made them stop vomiting. Some people can't drink
> water but they can drink tea.
> So I hope you understand the answer now.

Thanks for replying, I feel fine today having had a gallon of water, a gallon of juice and half a gallon of tea. I think tomorrow I will try to drink my tea concoction as my gallon of water, as well as the gallon of juice, to limit my liquid consumption to two gallons.

Tai wrote:
> We are not supposed to give direct help on this
> forum according to the guidelines, but I will give
> a few pointers:
> 1) your formula looks okay for the immune system,
> but what about special mushrooms, like maitake for
> the betaglucans to kill the candida?
> 2) you said you had issues with nuts. Is that an
> enzyme issue or gallbladder issue? If so, are you
> taking things to help that?
> 3) have you analyzed the various probiotics for
> candida, such as Bio-k?
> 4) have you looked into the effects of garlic on
> candida (in combo with betaglucans/mushroom
> extract, Bio-K, and a strong immune boosting
> tea)?

It's difficult to find medicinal mushrooms except in extract form in my area, but i do work at whole foods market and can get these extracts at a discounted rate. I love reishi tea but haven't placed my yearly order for it. It takes weeks to a month to arrive from mountain rose herbs, too. I'll definitely look at what maitake products we carry here at work. would extracts yield similar results as making a tea?

As for the question of enzyme or gallbladder issue, I'm going on self diagnoses to be honest. I never had an issue my entire life eating nuts, the house i grew up in had an amazing pecan tree in the backyard, we would gather several large trash bags of them and eat them frequently. Didn't have a problem with them until my body started showing signs of severe dis-ease about a year and a half ago, not only could i not consume nuts, but i couldn't really digest anything except bananas and greens for a while without breaking out in severely painful cystic acne. after doing a lot of cleaning out i can eat seeds and raw oils just fine, and a lot to boot. but once i start eating almonds or brazil nuts (my favorite), even made into a yogurt lou corona style, i will feel extremely lethargic and start to break out with acne in the center of my forehead, which from what i understand is related to the liver/gallbladder. As for probiotics, i'm taking one from garden of life which has 100billion, and i cycle in one from ultimate flora and also garden of life's primal defense formula on occasion.

as for garlic, i suppose i could start eating it again. I read recently that it disrupts brain hemispheric synchronization, and shortly after i read that i saw a video of dr. robert cassar say that he has tested it and found it had the same effect on him. Dr. Gabriel Cousens also recommends limiting it from what i recall. not to mention it makes me stink endlessly. what are your thoughts on this, tai? i was looking into purchasing aged garlic soon

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2015 12:13AM by tezcal.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: January 04, 2015 12:22AM

"as for garlic, i suppose i could start eating it again. I read recently that it disrupts brain hemispheric synchronization, and shortly after i read that i saw a video of dr. robert cassar say that he has tested it and found it had the same effect on him. Dr. Gabriel Cousens also recommends limiting it from what i recall."

I've heard the same thing (that it's a neurotoxin) but have yet to see any evidence for this claim. I think Cousens recommends limiting it for group meditation purposes because the smell can disrupt the meditation of those around you but I'm not completely sure. I remember SueZ a while back theorizing how since garlic has strong detoxifying effects, maybe that's why it gives some people headaches. Makes sense but it's all speculation. I'm open to any credible evidence against the use of garlic if there is any.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2015 12:25AM by jtprindl.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 04, 2015 02:52AM

Tai that is interesting.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 04, 2015 04:53AM

Tezcal:
It's difficult to find medicinal mushrooms except in extract form in my area, but i do work at whole foods market and can get these extracts at a discounted rate.

Tai:
Actually the fresh maitakes at whole foods are great. Again, the expert mycologist Paul Stamets says heating mushrooms destroys the bacteria on them that might harm you, so a warning about eating them raw. Again, I have dehydrated mushrooms, like portobella with a sauce in the dehydrator and they were okay raw, but I did turn the heat up over 118 F. If you are on a liquid diet, you could heat and blend as a soup or make a broth.

Lou COrona used to have acne as a young man and his mentor had him just eat garden weeds and greens for some weeks and he cleared up, plus colon hydrotherapy. Note that Lou's almond yogurt is usually 50% coconut, which is a carbohydrate, as he does not make it with mature coconuts. SO his yogurt does not end up being that fatty. PLUS, Lou takes 20 enzymes daily (about 5 per meal)! Of course, you know how important it is to only eat organic nut and seeds--not conventional. My opinion about almonds and brazil nuts is that they are so fatty. TSM and I both agree that seeds provide superior nutrition over nuts, in general. I tend to use brazil nut protein powder sometimes, just for the selenium. I heard that you can take in too much selenium from brazil nuts/protein powder, if you overdo it. In any case, I still like using fatty nuts for my salad dressing sometimes, like raw cashews, and I love coconut almond milk. I just use them sometimes, not daily.

As for garlic, it is always best raw. If you cut up a lot of garlic in a raw salsa, it is not too bad to the taste. Well, however, you can get it down. I respect everyone who has many things bad to say about garlic, including the vedic scholars. But even some buddhists, who are told not to use garlic, realize that sometimes lives can be saved with garlic. So used medicinally, raw garlic is sometimes important. Take into consideration medicinal acute use versus daily use.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables