Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Phlegm in throat
Posted by: Gurkan82 ()
Date: December 14, 2006 06:30PM

Hello! I've had this problem with phlegm in my throat for quite some time now (have been living on vegetarian/vegan cooked food for several years) and I'm almost certain that it is the food that is the cause for this. Now I have eaten raw food for 4 days (and a dinner), but it doesn't feel like it disappears! This is really a pain for me, bugs me alot!

Is there anyone who recognize this problem?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Phlegm in throat
Posted by: ela ()
Date: December 14, 2006 06:45PM

Can you tell us more about it? Is it constant phlegm in your throat? Are you aware of it when you swallow? Do you notice it more after eating/specifically after eating certain foods?

We're more likely to be able to help you if you give us more information - and most help that we can give will be sharing of our personal experiences.

My experience is that I get phlegm in my throat if I eat a lot of fat (especially unsoaked nuts or seeds), or if I eat a lot of spices. I really can't tolerate onions or garlic - they make me feel ill - but if I do ever eat any, there's a fairly instant mucus reaction. I love hot chili peppers but they also cause some mucus - although they tend to make my nose run rather than my throat.

If I experience mucus when eating just fruit, it usually feels like it's connected to anything spicy I might have eaten in the previous few days being detoxed out. Usually when I eat just fruit and greens, which is most of the time, I don't experience mucus.

Do you notice it's affected by weather at all? Doing breathing exercises may help also - eg alternate nostril breathing.

Hope this is some help!
love
Ela

Date: December 14, 2006 06:55PM

Thanks for your reply!

Hmm..I do tend to eat a lot of garlic and onions.. Maybe I should try excluding them for a week or so, see what happens! Thanks for the tip!

The phlegm that I've got is sort of stuck in my throat, I can't get it out no matter how hard I try! It is there all the time, when I swallow, when I breath, anytime and anywhere! Never noticed any difference because of the weather, since I got it probably 99.9% of the time. (But as I said, I like both garlic and onion very much, so they tend to pop into the food every so often....)

Date: December 14, 2006 09:58PM

Mjauu?

Posted by: ela ()
Date: December 14, 2006 10:37PM

Sounds like a really good idea to leave out onions and garlic for a week and see if it affects anything.

let us know!

love
Ela

What is Mjauu?

Date: December 14, 2006 10:44PM

Oh, I just tried to get some attention by "mjau:ing" (mjau is the sound that cats do, in swedish)

Date: December 15, 2006 09:26PM

Gurkan...are you the same person from "Rawfoodtalk" if you are I'm sorry you were treated that way but the management there are only interested in there own doctrine!

Date: December 16, 2006 12:00AM

Thank you for your concern! Yeah I felt that they had a very unpleasant way.. I got strong "dictator"-vibes...

Do you happen to know about any good fuitarian-forums?

Thank you!

Date: December 16, 2006 05:08PM

Yeah they have always been like that...it's all about money and less about community!

After seeing your poor treatment I posted on there asking what everyones favourite raw foods were and guess what everyones favourite foods were FRUITS!!! it's so stupid to outlaw all talk about fruitarianism when it's actually a part of everybodies lifestyle!....but I guess strict Fruitarianism isn't profitable enough!

I ran a Fruitarian forum for a couple of years and personaly I wouldn't bother with anything that is strictly Fruitarian because it will be a lonely place....from my experience it's better to get comfortable with yourself as a Fruitarian rather than trying to seek out others because for some reason fruitarianism seems to also attract the loonies!!!

the only Fruiti forum I would recommend is fruitarian worldwide network, I know the guys there and they are good guys and the only fruitarian website I would recommend is www.fruitarian.com this site is the best you'll find on strict fruitarianism also I have a Rawfitness & Outdoors forum that is open to non-raw vegans, raw vegans and fruitarians but we don't encourage focusing on the food talk/aspect we like to focus on getting fit and making the best out of the raw lifestyle through exercise and support and I myself will always help anyone serious about going Fruitarian but as I said it's all personal choice....hope you find what your looking for!

F1

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2006 05:21PM by The Fruitarian One.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: December 16, 2006 07:28PM

> for some reason fruitarianism seems to also attract the loonies!!!

LOL!

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: December 18, 2006 02:41PM

Yeah, I saw that stupidness. "Peppermintpatty" thinks shes really something because shes a moderator on there.
I hadn't been on rawfoodtalk.com in ages, it seems like there is too much elitism there for me at times, this site and fruitarian.com are much better.

Date: December 18, 2006 04:07PM

jadedshade Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, I saw that stupidness. "Peppermintpatty"
> thinks shes really something because shes a
> moderator on there.
> I hadn't been on rawfoodtalk.com in ages, it seems
> like there is too much elitism there for me at
> times, this site and fruitarian.com are much
> better.

Yeah...it's a business isn't it.....its all about grooming people to be supporters/followers so they will spend their money on her dvd's and products and now her restuarant....anyway don't get me started....

It's a real shame because what we really need is more supportive community driven forums....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables