Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sunbathing on cold weather
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: November 02, 2014 06:34PM

Do you do sunbathing on cold weather?

I can do 50F and bellow without probs (~40F). But maybe the humidity/wind would kill it for me. I'll be testing myself as the temp will be somethimes in the teens later on.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sunbathing on cold weather
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: November 03, 2014 01:42AM

I try to get Sun whenever possible year round. My ultimate strategy is one of migration by RV, (which I live in full time), North for the Summers and South for the winters. Palm Springs is calling my name right now and we will probably be heading down in a couple of weeks for 70+ degree weather, natural mineral waters to soak in, Oasis waters to plunge in and Sun/Light most every day...Took us years to figure out the income thing and nix the job noose...

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: November 03, 2014 01:49AM

I sunbathe in winter by sitting inside in front of a south facing window. Feels great.

Posted by: Living Food ()
Date: November 14, 2014 03:55PM

Do you do sunbathing on cold weather?

Oh yes! I try to do at least half an hour everyday that the sun is out. Yesterday I did an hour of sunbathing, and I did nearly half an hour today despite it being very cloudy. Even though I didn't get much sun I still got the benefits of being out in nature, breathing fresh air and touching the Earth with my bare skin (I go to a grassy area in a nearby forest to sunbathe and strip down to my shorts). It is in the 30s today but I barely felt the cold.

If the sky clears up later on and I have the time I will do more sunbathing later today.

Date: November 14, 2014 11:23PM

The sun did come back out, so I got in another 45 minutes of sunbathing today. And to top it off, I came across a beautiful patch of dandelions on my way back....free lunch! smiling smiley

--------
When I go there and sunbathe all sorts of animals will approach me, I will have birds coming within arms reach to check me out and at various times I have had deer and even a fox come up to me and say hi. They don't seem to be afraid of me, somehow they know I will not harm them.

Date: November 14, 2014 11:32PM

I have a 45 min window but I could not make it today. I have tall trees but there is a window between the trees. Tomorrow I think I'll be ready. Low 40s Ok with me. You may want to get a UV meter. They are cheap.

Date: November 15, 2014 01:09AM

You may want to get a UV meter. They are cheap.

Thanks for the suggestion, however UV light doesn't bother me at all. The dangers of the sun are vastly overhyped and if your diet provides sufficient antioxidants and healing compounds then UV damage isn't a concern (unless you overdo it and get burned). Like any powerful healing tool you will want to work up to large amounts of sunbathing gradually.

Sunbathing is such a wonderful thing, sunbathing out in nature puts me in a very calm, peaceful and blissful state and makes my day wonderful. Sungazing is even more powerful and makes every day the best day ever!!!

Where I live I don't normally get to see the sun set, but I always wake up before dawn and sungaze as the sun rises.

Date: November 15, 2014 01:10AM

I used to get sunburned when I was out in the sun for a long time when I was SAD, but now I never seem to get sunburned no matter how long I stay in the sun or how strong it is. Very interesting, because this tells me it isn't genetic or because of my skin tone etc.

Date: November 15, 2014 01:33AM

Living Food Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You may want to get a UV meter. They are cheap.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, however UV light
> doesn't bother me at all. The dangers of the sun
> are vastly overhyped and if your diet provides
> sufficient antioxidants and healing compounds then
> UV damage isn't a concern

You want most UV you can. UV is what makes vitD. There two basic types of UV. The phytochemicals from plants, like antioxidants work equally in plants and you. If they protect the plant, they protect you too from damage. But to a certain extend. UV damage (radiation) is hard to undo and messes up the DNA.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: November 15, 2014 01:16PM

UV damage (radiation) is hard to undo and messes up the DNA.

Actually we have many enzymes and mechanisms that exist solely to repair damage to the DNA. The trick is to to get proper nutrition and eliminate toxicity so they all work properly.

Interestingly, it appears that vitamin D may play a vital role in various DNA repair mechanisms. Coincidence? I think not smiling smiley

Date: November 15, 2014 05:02PM

If you want to produce Vitamin D in the winter you need to be down around San Diego. Thats why we started eating animal foods especially in winter and why the Eskimos ate the most.

Get online for income buy an RV and start becoming a modern day nomad...

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: November 15, 2014 05:38PM

<<<Get online for income buy an RV and start becoming a modern day nomad...>>>

You've got the right idea!!!

Date: November 16, 2014 02:55AM

This morning it was below freezing out (30 degrees) but that didn't phase me, I just sat down in the frost and sunbathed. The one concession I made was to wear pants instead of shorts lol, but once again I barely felt the cold...it felt like it was 50 or 60 degrees to me. I could see my breath but I could have easily sat out there for 2 hours without becoming cold.

There is something very very special about this diet, I seem to be turning into a superbeing smiling smiley

Date: November 19, 2014 10:40PM

Sunbathed early in the morning, it was 23 degrees out and there was heavy frost on the ground. I did feel some cold this time but it was tolerable.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: November 20, 2014 01:34PM

Yes I sunbathe every chance I get, winter or summer. I'm lucky enough to have a large window that faces the sun, so I can sit inside naked and get as much sun on my body as possible. I get some work done on the computer or something while I sunbathe. Sometimes I have a hot water bottle if it's really cold winking smiley

Nunativs your life sounds amazing!! What do you do for a living?

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Date: November 20, 2014 04:21PM

A few years ago my wife and I lived in a converted van for a year and a half trying to learn and try everything we could to develop an online based income. Back then we mostly built informational based websites and ran Adsense and some affiliate programs on them. We made tons of mistakes but we were determined to get out of the job "anchor" so that our location was irrelevant to making money.

Today we have several YouTube channels, one of which is doing well, a website that has Adsense and a ton of affiliate programs running on it, and I compose music for online music libraries that license music to media creators. Our first efforts were just to make money but we then learned that you want to do things you believe in and have a passion for because you'll spend a ton of time working on them.

Today it's fairly easy to make money online with YouTube, websites or selling your products and services. You just have to create a lot of content of some kind and the money starts flowing. As Infinite Waters says "we created the intrernet to free ourselves".

We now live in a travel trailer but my ultimate goal is a toy hauler so I can grow all my greens and some vegetables hydroponically on the road. Right now the ability to migrate at will and live in beautiful locations of our choice is such a blessing. We work a lot but the income is solid and you can take a break any time you want to go run or hike and jump in a lake!

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: November 21, 2014 01:59PM

That's awesome Nunativs, very inspirational!

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: November 21, 2014 06:44PM

I sunbath at lunch break in my car in the parking lot at work. I park my car facing the sun and sunbath for 30 mn. Put heat in car if too cold.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2014 06:47PM by CommonSenseRaw.

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: December 05, 2014 05:48PM

Today it is cloudy. The sun is not out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables