Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Breast Cancer & Raw Foods
Posted by: bodybyblis ()
Date: December 15, 2006 04:52PM

I have noted through my own personal experience and the experience of many of my clients that the level of estrogen dominance in our world today is creating a tidal wave of breast and other endocrine related cancers, even in those of us who are primarly or 100% raw.

So, I would love to hear of any recommendations or suggestions you may have to regulate the endocrine system, further cleanse the liver, and thus, prevent or destroy endocrine cancers. In my practice, I see them @#$%& up like closer in a field - frighteningly so.

I know this is a biggy, but its been done many times: Brenda Cobb, Lorraine Day, etc. However, I am always open to new and interesting ideas, thoughts and recommendations.

Blissed be,

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breast Cancer & Raw Foods
Posted by: jono ()
Date: December 15, 2006 05:25PM

turmeric probably helps... it's one of the best anti-cancer foods out their, getting lots of attention from academia. it's supposed to help the liver too, also milk thistle is good for the liver.

regulating the endocrine system, i dont know, move to a deserted island maybe, but don't swim in the ocean... and dont breath. maybe an extra high fiber diet would help, it would increase levels of fermentative microbes that might help with detoxification.. and also the fiber helps carry toxins out the bungholio.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: December 15, 2006 06:39PM

I am a breast cancer survivor. (2002)

Diagnosed at age 40 - had been a cooked vegetarian for years, reasonably fit, mom of four kids, three born before I was 30, and no family history at all.

You are correct, estrogen is the key to all this. One very interesting resource is a book by Dr. John Lee (What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Breast Cancer) - he suggests that it's not so simple as just estogen overload, but that progesterone has to be in the correct balance. The book is too complicated to explain in a couple of sentences, so I recommend reading it if you get the chance.

I am beginning to think that women around my age have to work harder than anybody to avoid this disease. Think about it. Around the year I was born (1961), pregnant women were taking prescription drugs like crazy (thalidomide comes to mind) because it was believed that the placenta formed a barrier against all harm. We didn't know about fetal alcohol syndrome, or even whether smoking was bad for the baby. Then, as small children, we still didn't know pesticides were bad until the mid-1960's. So who knows what we managed to put into our little bodies. By the time we were teens, there were these birth control pills available to us - and back then, the hormone levels were crazy high - they didn't know back then that they didn't need so much.

Through the 60's and 70's all sorts of nutritionally bankrupt food came onto the scene, and just in time to enhance our busy lives. Our sugar and trans-fat consumption went right off the charts. Then came the health food craze, and tofu by the tonne - loads of estrogen there!

Also, at the time I was diagnosed, I was living in a logging town on the west coast of Canada. Can't help but wonder if the water was as clean and uncontaminated as it should have been (not to mention the air). And that problem is everywhere in one way or another as well. We haven't done a really great job of taking care of the planet.

Today I am 45 years old. I have had 7 friends diagnosed with breast cancer. Two have died. Only one of us was over the age of 50 when diagnosed. Most of us (maybe none of us) would not be considered high risk for this. I had more lymph nodes positive for cancer than not, and my prognosis was not good.

Estrogen has crept into our lives in the most insidious ways. Some people speculate that the use of plastics throws your estrogen out of whack. Who knows what is lurking behind the meat counter. Even foods we were once told were healthy (like hydrogenated margarine) have turned out to be really bad for us.

Men aren't off the hook either - they get prostate cancer. Those statistics are nearly as alarming.

My protocol to keep my system healthy is to follow as cleansing and health-promoting a diet as possible. Sunshine is a nutrient, must not be forgotten. So is pure water. My naturopath put me on IP6-Inositol and Co-Q-10. I have no idea what my Chinese Medicine Doctor makes me drink, but he adjusts it constantly. My homeopath recommended Cell-Food (although I don't think that is a homeopathic thing). I came across information about the Budwig plan for cancer, so each morning I have a little plain organic yogurt with flax - sadly, I can't get raw yogurt in Canada, but we all have to make the best with what we have. Luckily, my extended medical allows for me to go for massage treatment six times a year, so that is part of my stress management.

I am not sure if I completely understand the difference between the endocrine system and the lymphatic system, but hopefully I am addressing both.

Wish there were clear answers, it all seems to be a great big guessing game at this point. I hope I am making the right guesses, because like it or not, I am betting my life on it!

Sapphire

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 15, 2006 07:19PM

Hi Anne,

I think the programs taught by Brian Clement and Gabriel Cousens are the most effective for healing. They are both using natural cellular defense at their retreats:

An alkaline pH is also important, I like Robert O. Young's info.

Phase One of Rainbow Green is the recommended diet when disease is present:

www.treeoflife.nu/dl/Summary_of_Rainbow_Green_Cuisine_Phases.doc

Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2007 04:53AM by Bryan.

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: December 18, 2006 05:11PM

iodine foods such as seaweed & kelp will expell excess iodine...

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: December 18, 2006 05:12PM

TYPO above

iodine foods such as seaweed & kelp will expell excess oestrogen...

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: December 18, 2006 08:36PM

Sapphire - a big congrats to you for being a breast cancer survivor! I am sorry to hear about you losing your friends to cancer. sad smiley

Big hugs and love to you,
Kim

Posted by: ryandvan ()
Date: December 18, 2006 09:04PM

The five Tibetan rites are reported to regulate the endocrine glands. I've been doing them on and off for over a year and have noticed an internal sense of harmony and health when doing them.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 19, 2006 08:12PM

In one study, women who had BMI of less than 25 and ate a lot of raw salad "vegetables" has a 39% chance of getting breast cancer compared to controls. This is a 71% reduction in risk, I estimate about the best you can possibly achieve via lifestyle.

Most protective foods seem to be, in descending order:

raw leaves
raw mixed vegetables
raw tomatoes
raw carrots

Fruit is a little less protective in this study.

ref:
Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention Vol. 13, 567-572, April 2004
© 2004 American Association for Cancer Research
Dietary Patterns and Risk of Breast Cancer in the ORDET Cohort
Sabina Sieri1, Vittorio Krogh1, Valeria Pala1, Paola Muti2, Andrea Micheli1, Alberto Evangelista1, Giovanna Tagliabue3 and Franco Berrino1
[cebp.aacrjournals.org]

Date: December 21, 2006 11:06PM

Thank you - already aware of much of what you've contributed. But TY. Am trying to solve riddle for clients ASAP. Best, Annie

Date: December 21, 2006 11:10PM

Thanks Mike. Have been doing, for self and clients, for years now exactly as you guys do. Specifically trained at HHI and OHI, although I must come visit TLRC soon.

I see this problem way too much in clients, as you probably do as well. Natural Celluar Defense and powered form of zeolite being used now along with detoxification raw foods diet, and other non-invasive cleansing techniques. Infa-red sauna, etc. Am trying to determine foods, herbs, etc., to avoid for estrogen dominant clients. Know how to get P back up naturally, but really want to work through E dominance.

Know Gabriel probably has it down even though everyone is different. Guess I will have to come to visit sooner rather than later.

Bliss & bless, Annie

Date: December 21, 2006 11:18PM

Sapphire:

God bless and thank you so much for your contribution. Know many of your recommendations, just as I know most of all recommendations listed. I thank everyone for their great input because we really need to address this issue ASAP. Too many women AND MEN are estrogen dominant in my practice, and for those where disease is not present, it may be around the corner. Who knows long a specific person's body can handle such imbalances?

Let's all put some GREAT POSITIVE ENERGY into this one. We need to get this somehow under control - Phase 1 of Rainbow diet helped too, although I have been using many such principles already for clients who cannot make it to HHI or TLRC.

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beyond survivor you are grace in the making, every day.

Blissed be,

Annie

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Date: December 21, 2006 11:22PM

Thank you for something I had no heard of or investigated. Will recommend to clients once I review. Any book recommendations? Blissed be, Annie

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Date: December 21, 2006 11:32PM

Mike:

Just reviewed recommended site - and HAVE BEEN DOING ALL!!!! Am so pleased because its been years since I read Rainbow, but IT STUCK! So, I guess its just time now for clients. And discipline.

Me I am there - balancing daily after a bit of a scare. Please send my thanks to GC and all for contributing so well to our planet that material read maybe 5 or so years ago STUCK! Even had H & C salts down. A bit prooud of myself right now as you can tell.

Question: why liquid NCD rather than powered form. Powered zeolite approved by FDA for cancer treatment, correct? NCD not approved, although science looks great.

Happy Holidays and a fabulous New Year to all,

Annie

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Posted by: minou33 ()
Date: December 22, 2006 03:26AM

There are probably so many different factors to consider in reference to cancer. I certainly feel like diet is a HUGE factor. And I do believe that anyone who eats a healthy diet with plenty of natural foods is much more protected than someone who does not. But what about where you live?.. somewhere like NYC with a very high cancer rate is very polluted. What about eating organic? Not everyone feels that it is that necessary to eat organic. And even if you do eat organic there is no way to know for sure if the item truly is organic or if run-off from conventional produce has contaminated it already. As far as I am concerned there is not real protection against cancer. Did you watch Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth", we are the most polluted modern country with the highest rates of cancer. Perhaps the only way for me to be protected really is to move out to a farm in Switzerland, grow my own organic foods and eat a 100% raw diet. Maybe then I would still be one of the unlucky ones.. who knows..

Date: December 22, 2006 04:46AM

You are absolutely correct - environmental pollution.

My clients live all over the country, however, I have noticed that the ones with degenerative diseases, inevitably live in largeer urban areas, with higher levels of pollution and STRESS.

I have noted as well that diet is not enough to stop cancer. Many clients have maintained what one would consider excellent diets for many years. However, they were not totally raw, did not follow the strictness of a BBB, HHI, TLRC or other type of cleansing/rebuilding program. I anticipate all people will have to complete some such program at some time in their lives given where we are as a species.

Best,

Annie

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Date: December 22, 2006 09:15AM

>move out to a farm in Switzerland

Nope. Too close to Chernobyl.

You'd be better off near the equator. There are some weak trends showing lower rates of certain types of cancers at areas of higher insolation. Costa Rica would be good.

Don't forget: cancer has a long latency period. Some of us already have it without knowing. Lifelong interventions are more protective than those adopted in mid life.

Our lifestyles will slow down the rate of growth but probably not stop it completely.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 22, 2006 09:41AM

Our lifestyles will slow down the rate of growth but probably not stop it completely.

Given enough vitality in the body, cancers can be reversed. Hygienic techniques (water fasting), as well as permanent lifestyle changes, can reverse cancer is a relatively healthy cancer patient. Where the hygienic techniques don't work is when a cancer patient has been subjected to surgeries, chemo, radiation and has lost most of their vitality to enduring and surviving these therapies.

If a person discovers they have cancer, refuses western techniques, and goes to natural hygiene, they can reverse the cancer, assuming they have the vitality that most patients have who have not started the damaging therapies.

I've heard the length of time a person lives who has cancer and does absolutely nothing is on average 10 years. The statistic for those that choose western medical technique is on average only 3 years.

Date: December 22, 2006 10:31AM

>the length of time a person lives who has cancer and does absolutely nothing is on average 10 years. The statistic for those that choose western medical technique is on average only 3 years.

It's the other way around, usually.

They have pretty accurate statistics for type of cancer, stage, and survival rates. These can be extended with chemo, surgery, radiation therapy, and combinations, depending on the type and stage. But there is absolutely no doubt that the quality of life can be severely affected as well, which makes them not so much of a bargain in my book.

>>Given enough vitality in the body, cancers can be reversed. Hygienic techniques (water fasting), as well as permanent lifestyle changes, can reverse cancer is a relatively healthy cancer patient. Where the hygienic techniques don't work ...

This is not only wrong and dangerous advice, but also mean. There is no proof, not even reasonable or even possible assurance. Cases of "spontaneous remissions" are exceptionally rare and in most cases a retrospect will reveal misdiagnosis in the first place.

Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: December 22, 2006 05:30PM

There are so many suggestions in this thread. *Eyes spin* This thread really hits home for me. I've never had breast cancer but I had 2 breast lumps. Im 24. One was removed in Dec 04 and it was labeled a non active fatty tumor, and the other disappeared after I went raw for 9 days. Those scares were enough for me to do monthly checks on my self and I'm always looking for foods that can prevent breast cancer. The only thing I read up about was that bean sprouts were recommended for cancer prevention rating double the anti cancer properties than brocoli alone. I duno though. Cancer is a tricky thing.

Date: December 23, 2006 09:50PM

Thanks Brian. Have been taking my clients, who have ANY CANCER, exactly to that the place you describe. Agree wholeheartedly with your advice - that's why I do what I do.

Best, Annie

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Date: December 23, 2006 09:53PM

Trinity:

Continue to be very diligent with your breasts. You cannot imagine how many women I encounter between the ages of 25 and 55 who have either a precancerous condition or cancer of the breasts. KNOW THAT ANY GROWTH ANYWHERE IN THE BODY IS ABNORMAL. So, raw would be a very good place for you to stay!

Thanks for your contribution. Also know that Bryan is correct - it can be killed through diet and lifestyle changes, for certain.

Blissed be,

Annie

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Date: December 23, 2006 09:58PM

Thanks but the babyboomers, many of whom, have lived very well, ate well, exercised, etc., are the ones contracting it....so forget about living somewhere else - its everywhere!

& I do not believe traditional medicine does any good. The stats are not real. Did you know that for any cancer study anyone who doesn't make it through the prescribed protcol is simply dropped from the study, as though they never participated. Same for those who die during study. What does that tell you about the "stats" upon which you rely?

Traditional medicine does NOT work with the body for it to heal itself. It works against the body, and if you are lucky enough to survive the hell through which the body goes, then you are indeed blessed. Few people do after 5 years. Why do you think they BOMB you all at once, chemo, rads, surgery? BECAUSE THEY KNOW IF YOU HAVE A RECURRENCE YOUR BODY CANNOT TAKE ANOTHER ROUND OF SUCH TRAUMA. Traditional medicine's bet is on your life - and its not even a 50/50 bet.

Blissed be,

Annie

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 23, 2006 10:45PM

While I was reading this thread, I noticed an advertisement at the bottom of the page that said

Chemo-Induced Anemia
Fight fatigue due to chemo-related anemia. Learn how Aranesp® works.
www.Aranesp.com
The therapies used by western medicine can each by themselves cause cancer. Chemotherapy is poisonous, and in a healthy person can cause cancer. Everyone knows that radiation causes cancer in healthy people. Even surgeries can cause cancer.

Its worthwhile to watch the Dr Lorraine Day video about cancer, where she shares her process with breast cancer, with a tumor the size of a grapefruit. She healed herself by diet and lifestyle changes (she had a tumor removed surgically, but she would not allow anything more than the tumor to be removed). She was the Chief of Orthopedic surgery at San Francisco General, and she saw what the various therapies did to cancer patients. She realized that she did not want to go though those therapies.

Date: December 23, 2006 11:00PM

She had some therapy herself--surgery to remove her growth, which might not even have been cancer but a benign cyst instead.

Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: December 24, 2006 02:04AM

Thank You =)

bodybyblis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Trinity:
>
> Continue to be very diligent with your breasts.
> You cannot imagine how many women I encounter
> between the ages of 25 and 55 who have either a
> precancerous condition or cancer of the breasts.
> KNOW THAT ANY GROWTH ANYWHERE IN THE BODY IS
> ABNORMAL. So, raw would be a very good place for
> you to stay!
>
> Thanks for your contribution. Also know that
> Bryan is correct - it can be killed through diet
> and lifestyle changes, for certain.
>
> Blissed be,
>
> Annie

Date: December 24, 2006 02:32AM

Annie, can you please provide about 10 cases of permanent remission via diet and lifestyle, peer-reviewed sources only in established medical journals.

Believing in such a thing does not make it true. The reason for the qualifiers I listed above is that it requires adequate documentation to constitute reasonable proof.

Date: December 24, 2006 04:54PM

Arugula:

I think you better ask Brian Clements or Gabiel Cousins for that specific information. As you may or may not know, trials to establish what you wish to see are funded by big-pharma, not the whole or raw foods industry. And the journels you so highly speak of WILL ONLY PUBLISH what their advertisers pay for. In fact, JAMA just had an article recently called something like "Is Medical Research for Sale." I mean really let's look this squarely in the eye. THE ILLNESS INDUSTRY IS MAKING TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON THE BABYBOOMERS. Who is going to fund such a trial, a trial that would elimate 80% of the traditional therapies out there today. Are you aware more than 80% of traditional therapies ARE WITHOUT SOLID CLINICAL TRIAL EVIDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, unless Brian or Gabriel are doing it, it likely will not be done. However, I am speaking from close personal experience and more than 10,000 years of research by some of history's greatest minds. I bethowever you will see the whole foods industry begin to fund such studies, and many nutritional ones have been done. Do the research yourself, you will find the correlation between diet and wellness, over and over, and over.

What I do know it that cancer is a very tricky thing, and that you must approach it from all angles, but NATURALLY. The body will heal itself if given the nutrition, rest, relaxation, ATTITUDE, and gratitude. I speak now from close personal experience with myself and my clients. Ralph Moss is also a very good source for what you are looking for - he left the traditional cancer industry 25 years ago to become AN OBJECTIVE ADVOCATE for cancer patients and available, valid treatments. He DOES NOT RECOMMEND CHEMO, RADS OR SURGERY.

We all have very specific DNA, so I would say, all treatments will effect all differently. But I do know everyone's body, soul and mind need some basics that raw foods, love, happiness, joy, bliss and gratitude provide. You should read "The Rainbow Diet," "The Hundred Year Lie," "Cancer Is Not A Disease," "Miracles of Mind," "9 Steps for Reversing or Preventing Cancer and other Diseases," "We Want to Live," "The China Study," and so many more books that would educate you about what the body can do WITHOUT TRADITIONAL DESTROYING MODERN MEDICINE.

Blissed be,

Annie

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Date: December 24, 2006 05:07PM

>I think you better ask Brian Clements or Gabiel Cousins for that specific information.

They don't claim to cure cancers as far as I know. I suppose that if they had any degree of success, they would be all to happy to provide it. And if the data were legit, there would be nothing wrong with making it available.

>As you may or may not know, trials to establish what you wish to see are funded by big-pharma, not the whole or raw foods industry.

No, this is not true. Whole foods industries also fund studies, as do more neutral organizations such as the National Institute of Health. If you did avail of the lit, you would know this.

>And the journels you so highly speak of WILL ONLY PUBLISH what their advertisers pay for. In fact, JAMA just had an article recently called something like

This is true in some cases. And in others, the conclusions are outright wrong. But it is very unlikely to be true for all studies, especially when a large body of evidence grows, such as for this statement:

a high intake of raw fruits and vegetables decreases risks for certain types of cancers.

This has been found in many studies. Who do you think funded these studies, do you think they are invalid, and why?

Date: December 25, 2006 06:07PM

Hey, I found a case of remission through nutrition. Not what you'd expect: extremely high doses of fish oil, not raw vegan food.

Nutr Cancer. 2005;52(2):121-9.

Nutritional intervention with omega-3 Fatty acids in a case of malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the lungs.

Pardini RS, Wilson D, Schiff S, Bajo SA, Pierce R.

Department of Biochemistry, College of Agriculture, Biotechnology and Natural Resources, University of Navada, Reno, NV 89557, USA. ronp@cabnr.unr.edu

We present a case of a 78-yr-old man with malignant fibrous histiocytoma with multiple lesions in both lungs. Following diagnosis, he declined conventional chemotherapy and elected nutritional intervention by increasing intake of omega-3 fatty acids and lowering intake of omega-6 fatty acids. We estimated that he consumed 15 g of the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) per day, and the ratio of linoleic acid/long-chain omega-3 fatty acids in his diet was 0.81. Serial computed tomography scans and pulmonary x-rays revealed remarkably a slow and steady decrease in the size and number of bilateral nodules. He has no apparent side effects from consuming large quantities of fish and algae oils rich in DHA and EPA and he remains asymptomatic.

Publication Types:

* Case Reports

PMID: 16201843 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables