Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Frugivorous ancestry of humans
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: November 07, 2014 03:40AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Frugivorous ancestry of humans
Date: November 07, 2014 03:55AM

rawgosia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here:
> the article

I will read it on the weekend with an open mind, but l am also going to post peer reviewed science which questions such views and presents a different picture. In my view, some cultures may have been frugivores, but l think many humans around the world would have eaten a bunch of different things (plants, bugs, animal etc).

Gosia: l don't think anyone cares what people eat here if people are doing well on their diet. I don't think anyone is deluded enough to think they are going to change anyone's diet here if the diet serves a person well. Eg..l may talk the sprout talk and give strong views, but it doesn't mean l am going to try and change hardcore fruit types like yourself or John Rose etc, that would be really silly to think otherwise. If people want advise l will give it at various times, but the reality is that most will never do my type of diet, and l am happy for people to do their own thing. None-the-less...l am a diet basher, but it does not mean l am trying to change people's habits....l enjoy giving a different perspective that is unique to the forums from the usual input. Hopefully you now understand my intensions better.

Btw, if someone bashes my diet l always smile and enjoy it. I LOVE it when people mention toxins and how my diet is going to kill me, l find it really cute. Panchito and Fresh often bash my diet and l wouldn't have it any other way. When people bash my diet l often laugh my head off. When l bash people's diet l hope people don't take it personally either..it is friendly rivalry. winking smiley I especially love it when Panchito posts heir's doom and gloom on high fat sprout diets...he makes me laugh more than anyone when heir does that. Btw, l never laugh at heir, l laugh at heir's posts because l can see the funny side of it all. We are just a couple of scallywags having a good old laugh.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2014 04:08AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: November 07, 2014 04:02AM

TSM, please do not misinterpret the article. There is no claim made here that humans did not eat all sorts of things through their history. In fact, as I mentioned elsewhere, it is well established and accepted by science that they did, and I can easily pull out references on this (but feel no need). At the same time, the frugivorous ancestry of humans is also well accepted. Ancestry, means very very long time ago. winking smiley

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: November 07, 2014 05:10AM

rawgosia Wrote:
At the same time, the frugivorous ancestry
> of humans is also well accepted.

What % of fruit intake is considered "well accepted" "frugivorous" in an "ancestry" which has eaten meat for probably 1.9 million years?

Date: November 07, 2014 05:44AM

SueZ, perhaps you could dig into some references to find such details? I would be interested to hear too.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: November 07, 2014 09:33AM

Also, empirical sciences do not deliver the proofs. There are so many theories too. I once read a paper on human evolution and counted about 20 different theories on how we evolved...

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: November 07, 2014 11:47AM

rawgosia Wrote:
> SueZ, perhaps you could dig into some references
> to find such details? I would be interested to
> hear too.

I don't know who wrote the article but it really has nothing at all to offer. Nothing.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: November 07, 2014 11:16PM

great article. There has been like 20 different human species. Only one survived and dominated the planet probably by exploiting symbolic communication. Early in humanity people lived only 20 years or so. They would travel from the forest (equator) and eat whatever they could. Animal farming and agriculture did not exists back them. You could not find for example oils or sprouts (modern technological foods). The earliest humans from the original forests (Ethiopia-Tanzania/volcanic area) lived from plants and fruits. The volcano made the soil rich in trace minerals. Once the human population grew from the original land, it started to spread out and using other survival foods (colder climate diets).

PS: This fourm has oil drinkers - hate sugar/fruits. They are always playing strategies to make fruit look bad. Same with sprouters. Sprouters, for some strange reason (maybe dietary mold), suffer in general form grandiose delusional syndrome. They speak like impersonating god/authority. The oil drinkers will peck at you till you drink oil. The sprouter will dump text blocks till you give up. They like one-way conversations. They call you nice only if you agree with them. But thats just part of their winning strategy. They'll call you trouble maker otherwise.

Date: November 08, 2014 07:22AM

SueZ, the article offers direct quotes and references. Using them, you can easily track more recent articles in the scientific literature, if you visit a scientific database such as Scopus, which I recommend and use frequently. I found some very interesting reads following these references, and might share them some other time.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: November 13, 2014 01:31AM

“We were not biologically selected by the evolution process to eat the way we do today” [9]. “The widespread prevalence of diet-related health problems, particularly in highly industrialized nations, suggests that many humans are not eating in a manner compatible with their biology.” Consumption of “more fresh fruits and vegetables in greater variety” is recommended

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables