Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 8 of 13
Re: Looks like karma is catching up with Dr Clement
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: February 14, 2015 01:34PM

vetsez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well Sue Z. A little more of my background is
> called for. I was an ER and Critical Care nurse in
> the Army having spent the last 8 years of active
> duty at the Army Institute of Surgical Burn
> Research in San Antonio, TX. I am quite familiar
> with Nano Metal Silver in the form of topical
> Silvadene, an antimicrobial agent used in the
> treatment of burns.
>
> Topically side effects can produce low white blood
> counts, low platelets, potential liver and kidney
> toxicity. The problem with using nano metal silver
> interveneously is that it is not metabolized
> through the liver or excreted adequately through
> the kidneys, thus potentially being extremely
> toxic.
>
> To respond to your question: "What is your take on
> "health spas" facilitating the mainlining of Heavy
> Nano Silver into to people with IVs?"
>
> First you use the term "mainlining" which is the
> street vernacular a junkie uses when referring to
> "shooting up." Your inquiry would be better worded
> asking: "What is your opinion of Health spas
> administering intervenous Heavy Nano Silver
> clients?"
>
> My response it that this is not a medically
> accepted practice and potentially lethal.

Thank you, Vetsez - and thank you for your service. Glad you are here.

Lol, I am well aware that my chosen wording was not professionally appropriate. Considering the qualification of those doing the administering I purposely chose to colloquialize it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 25, 2015 06:32PM

Michael Galitzer, M.D. and Janet Hranicky, Ph.D. are no longer listed as staff at HHI. They are now listed as "Visiting Support Team".

Time will tell whether they are smart enough to get while the getting's good - far away from their reputation's possibly being tainted by contact with the nefarious HHI Vida building's crazy treatments.

[hippocratesinst.org]

Posted by: researcher ()
Date: February 26, 2015 04:27AM

Maybe they're distancing themselves because Brian Clement has been issued a cease & desist order and is now being investigated by Florida's Department of Health. He's been fined for advertising himself as a Naturopathic Doctor & ordered to stop practicing medicine without a license. The Department of Health's investigation could lead to criminal charges...

[www.cbc.ca]

Date: February 26, 2015 05:13AM

Interesting update. Where would l be able to find the interview posted at 2:15 of the video link?

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 26, 2015 05:15AM

They are going after everyone. Every alternative raw food doctor. I bet you next its Gabriel Cousens. Then when Codex kicks in nothing like that will be legal.

Date: February 26, 2015 05:38AM

Did you see what Suez posted this morning, a really unfortunate link totally trashing alternative healing, and HHI gets crunched too. Those folks really love the chemo as preferred cancer treatment, and anything else is dumb.

[www.sciencebasedmedicine.org]

Date: February 26, 2015 07:43AM

Denise says:
February 23, 2015 at 4:52 pm.....

She talks about the HHI resident M.D:

I don’t know if it has been pointed out before but Dr. Kotturan has had his own troubles:

[appsmqa.doh.state.fl.us]

In 2000 he falsified records and back-dated progress notes for a hospitalized patient he had not been visiting. Fined and ordered to do community service.

He also graduated from a suspicious medical school in the Dominican Republic:

Although apparently they did have legitimate medical students as well:
[www.nytimes.com]

If you check pacer.gov, Hippocrates Health Institute was sued in federal court in 2011 by its insurance carrier, Homeland Insurance Company of New York vs. Valerie & Joseph Sfreddo and Hippocrates Health Institute of Florida, Inc. (9:11-CV-80415-DMM). The insurance company alleged that HHI filed a claim within a week of coverage for an incident (H-wave electrical treatment) involving the Sfreddos already known to HHI but undisclosed in the application process.

The application HHI filed out for coverage is exhibit A to the complaint. They had to disclose some financial information for the 12 months prior to July 2009.

Applicant’s gross revenue last 12 months
Fee for service 1.7 m (million?)
Other (no description) 12.6 million
Total 14.3 million
# of outpatient visits 5,000

“Dr.” Brian Clement, nutritionist is listed as the Medical Director.

On the policy as issued (exhibit B to the complaint) Joseph T. Spaziani (misspelled, specialty listed as integrative medicine but on the FL Medical Board site as being a radiation oncologist) and Zoraida Navarro (internal medicine, now running her own vein clinic) are listed on the schedule of insured physicians. On the application for insurance, HHI had to attest that neither they nor any employee had been the subject of disciplinary or investigatory proceedings or been reprimanded by licensing, administrative or governmental agency, which was false since Dr. Spaziani had been in trouble in 1998 for practicing on an expired license

and

lilady says:
February 23, 2015 at 5:44 pm

I’ll add my tiny tidbits of information about Dr. Paul Kotturan. The name on his Florida Medical license is Paulson Kotturan and he was cited by the Florida Medical Board during for not following through with a patient admitted to the hospital for shortness of breath and chest pain…and for falsifying the medical record of that patient. (Page 13 of 17 Pages).

[www.circare.org]

P.S. A Registered Nurse filed the complaint against Dr. Paulson Kotturan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2015 07:44AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 26, 2015 08:03AM

If Brian Clement goes down so do all the raw vegan wheatgrass health guys, anyone, or all of them.

We should be supporting him. No? Am I wrong?

Date: February 26, 2015 08:22AM

coconutcream Wrote:
> If Brian Clement goes down so do all the raw vegan
> wheatgrass health guys, anyone, or all of them.
>
> We should be supporting him. No? Am I wrong?

We definitely want Brian to continue, but we want him to be more careful with what he says, and we want him to have top notch staff with no questionable pasts, and we want him to be more careful not to talk pseudoscience.

One person who claimed to work there said that if the pressure gets too much that Brian will end up pulling the plug because he has enough money to live well. HHI closing is a nightmare that l choose not to think about.

Brian needs to be careful how he does things and go by the law, because if he doesn't they will get him. HHI has also had insurance problems and have broken the law according to a link l saw earlier.

Time to get smart and go by the law so you keep `them' off your back, and don't use the C word (cure).

Date: February 26, 2015 08:29AM

HHI have fought many great causes too, such as the Codex issue and GM foods with massive petitions. They also supply raw vegans with valuable high quality supplements that are close to impossible to find anywhere else. They also sell Sun Chlorella A for less than half the price as rebranded HHI chlorella. They do such a good service to vegans and health minded people. Without HHI there would be a massive hole and no-one except a handful of people that would be promoting a sprout based diet, and that scares the pants off me.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: February 26, 2015 11:52AM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
Posted by: The Sproutarian Man ()

Date: February 26, 2015 12:38AM

Did you see what Suez posted this morning, a really unfortunate link totally trashing alternative healing, and HHI gets crunched too. Those folks really love the chemo as preferred cancer treatment, and anything else is dumb.

[www.sciencebasedmedicine.org]

> Denise says:
> February 23, 2015 at 4:52 pm.....
>
> She talks about the HHI resident M.D:
>
>
> I don’t know if it has been pointed out before
> but Dr. Kotturan has had his own troubles:
>
> [appsmqa.doh.state.fl.us]
> I.ASP?LicId=42330&ProfNBR=1501
>
> In 2000 he falsified records and back-dated
> progress notes for a hospitalized patient he had
> not been visiting. Fined and ordered to do
> community service.
>
> He also graduated from a suspicious medical school
> in the Dominican Republic:
> fileEDUC.asp?LicId=42330&ProfNBR=1501
>
> Although apparently they did have legitimate
> medical students as well:
> [www.nytimes.com]
> ools-closed-in-scandal.html
>
>
> If you check pacer.gov, Hippocrates Health
> Institute was sued in federal court in 2011 by its
> insurance carrier, Homeland Insurance Company of
> New York vs. Valerie & Joseph Sfreddo and
> Hippocrates Health Institute of Florida, Inc.
> (9:11-CV-80415-DMM). The insurance company alleged
> that HHI filed a claim within a week of coverage
> for an incident (H-wave electrical treatment)
> involving the Sfreddos already known to HHI but
> undisclosed in the application process.
>
> The application HHI filed out for coverage is
> exhibit A to the complaint. They had to disclose
> some financial information for the 12 months prior
> to July 2009.
>
> Applicant’s gross revenue last 12 months
> Fee for service 1.7 m (million?)
> Other (no description) 12.6 million
> Total 14.3 million
> # of outpatient visits 5,000
>
> “Dr.” Brian Clement, nutritionist is listed as
> the Medical Director.
>
> On the policy as issued (exhibit B to the
> complaint) Joseph T. Spaziani (misspelled,
> specialty listed as integrative medicine but on
> the FL Medical Board site as being a radiation
> oncologist) and Zoraida Navarro (internal
> medicine, now running her own vein clinic) are
> listed on the schedule of insured physicians. On
> the application for insurance, HHI had to attest
> that neither they nor any employee had been the
> subject of disciplinary or investigatory
> proceedings or been reprimanded by licensing,
> administrative or governmental agency, which was
> false since Dr. Spaziani had been in trouble in
> 1998 for practicing on an expired license.
>
>
>
> and
>
>
>
>
> lilady says:
> February 23, 2015 at 5:44 pm
>
>
>
>
> I’ll add my tiny tidbits of information about
> Dr. Paul Kotturan. The name on his Florida Medical
> license is Paulson Kotturan and he was cited by
> the Florida Medical Board during for not following
> through with a patient admitted to the hospital
> for shortness of breath and chest pain…and for
> falsifying the medical record of that patient.
> (Page 13 of 17 Pages).
>
> [www.circare.org]
> 0606.pdf
>
> P.S. A Registered Nurse filed the complaint
> against Dr. Paulson Kotturan.
>
> I.ASP?LicId=57749&ProfNBR=1501

Um, hello, as I said, I posted that what you call a "really unfortunate link" from that site for the comments under the article - like this one which you (without acknowledgement) have extracted from it.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: February 26, 2015 04:03PM

TheStorm wrote:
"The question begs, how could a loving g-d/g-ddess allow such a thing? "

Because their is NO external god/dess, WE combined are IT. Problem is, as you can witness on an alternative health board such as this, coming together semms an impossibility...

"Where there is no Vision, the people perish"

Posted by: researcher ()
Date: February 26, 2015 05:21PM

Sproutarian Man, much of that interview can be found here:

[www.wptv.com]

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 26, 2015 05:39PM

more

[www.wptv.com]

Date: February 26, 2015 05:46PM

i am sure that his protocol has helped people, but he blew it with his hyperbolic claims.

brian is denying that he said that he could cure cancer. he did say that - they have him on video.

then he claimed it was taken out of context. no it wasn't.

then he told a woman that the cancer was "coming out of her body".
that was wrong and it is malpractice.

he says people only call him doctor as an endearing term and took the dr off his website. watching him squirm and show signs of lying while being questioned was awkward.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2015 06:00PM by fresh.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: February 26, 2015 06:36PM

Fresh wrote:
then he claimed it was taken out of context. no it wasn't.

Tai:
I heard the interview. I am really shocked at some of the responses on this board. It is a raw vegan board, but instead of giving a raw vegan pioneer the benefit of the doubt, many want to hang him. Many want to judge him by only hearing one side of the story and have no interest in hearing both sides before judgement.

You have to hear both sides before one can accurately judge. You can't accept one side's emotional story as the only truth. Every time I have heard Brian speak in person, he consistently says that the HHI teaches everyone to take responsibility.

It's like the Gerson program (Subtract the liver injections. It is essentially a vegan program), a person will pay $5,000 per week for a total of $15,000 for 3 weeks and in that time, LEARN the program, so that they can go back and follow the program for 2 years. No one is saying that anything will be cured in 3 weeks. Obviously it is stated up front that the program is 2 years. If a person cannot afford a budget that will cover those two years PLUS the upfront $15k at Gerson's or $5-$18k at HHI, then they shouldn't go, because it's a long haul.

We don't know what interactions Brian had with the family of the deceased. We don't know if Brian said to go back to chemo. We need to hear both sides.

I started out in the raw vegan world studying Christopher's and Richard Schulze's healing methods with herbs. My uncle helped my cousin get rid of an asbestos tumor in his lungs with these methods using herbs and raw food. Then we helped my aunt get rid of a softball sized tumor on her ovary. yes, she was CURED of cancer and the doctors wanted to do a hysterectomy originally. Is there a problem saying someone was CURED of cancer when the all the tests confirm it? And years pass and the cancer never returns? What other word in the English language is best used to describe it?

I personally never got into a non-herbal way of healing with only raw food and no herbs. So, I can't really comment on the HHI way of healing. My friend was cured of liver cancer using the herbal way with raw vegan food (mainly juices). I am helping someone now with prostate cancer who has an array of doctors who know all the herbs I am giving him. His PSA is going down and he is doing better, but crazy thing is that they want him off FRUIT but not the herbs AND they encouraged him to eat meat!!

Anyway, I never tried the non herb, non-fruit way with cancer, so I really don't know the results HHI gets with cancer. But I am saddened at this rush to judge and condemn Brian without all the evidence from both sides presented first.

Date: February 26, 2015 06:50PM

i don't give clement a pass (i don't agree with his protocol), just like i didn't give graham a pass, just because i agreed with his protocol. when graham engaged in poor fasting practices clearly shown , i was one who asked him to explain and he did not do so satisfactorily, then he got kicked off the vegsource board and off of the woodstock fruit festival.

"not in context" is the typical excuse. in this case, it appears to be invalid. if he wishes to explain the context to rebut the report, he is free to do so.

he is backtracking from his claims because he has been called on them. the fact that his treatment may be better than medical model is another issue not connected to him lying or engaging in dangerous practices.

if he had not engaged in questionable tactics and misrepresentations he would not be in the trouble he is in.

Date: February 26, 2015 07:11PM

fresh Wrote:

> brian is denying that he said that he could cure
> cancer. he did say that - they have him on
> video.

I have not yet heard him say he could cure cancer. I have only heard him saying things that sound like he is saying that. This probably seems that I'm splitting hairs but despite what TSM and others have said to the contrary Clement has been EXTREAMELY careful with his wording on this point.

Don't underestimate this guy. He always, seemingly miraculously, gets everything he wants ...

Date: February 26, 2015 07:42PM

suez,

you're right, he didn't say that exactly.

"We've had more people reverse cancer than any other institute in the history of healthcare," he was seen and heard saying during a pitch on about the institute.

that's what he said. the statement may actually be true, i don't know.

the point is, in order to squirm out of the legal issue, he is denying this statement and claiming it was out of context.

the statement clearly is claiming that people who attend his institute reverse their cancer, as a result of attending and the treatments within.

then when questioned about it, he completely reverses the statement, denying that he made any claims like that. when he clearly did.

Date: February 26, 2015 08:05PM

fresh Wrote:
> suez,
>
> you're right, he didn't say that exactly.
>
> "We've had more people reverse cancer than any
> other institute in the history of healthcare," he
> was seen and heard saying during a pitch on about
> the institute.
>
> that's what he said. the statement may actually
> be true, i don't know.
>
> the point is, in order to squirm out of the legal
> issue, he is denying this statement and claiming
> it was out of context.
>
> the statement clearly is claiming that people who
> attend his institute reverse their cancer, as a
> result of attending and the treatments within.
>
> then when questioned about it, he completely
> reverses the statement, denying that he made any
> claims like that. when he clearly did.

You're missing my hairsplitting point.

He said "We've had more PEOPLE reverse cancer" ...

Then he said "We don't believe IT (meaning the institute) can reverse cancer"...

See what he did there?

BTW, at his lecture clip he told people "When our founder, Ann Wigmore, reversed stage four colon cancer"...

If you read what KFCA has dug up on this matter it's quite clear that Ann Wigmore never had stage four colon cancer - which is probably Clement's biggest HHI's selling point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2015 08:06PM by SueZ.

Date: February 26, 2015 08:14PM

>See what he did there?

got it now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2015 08:14PM by fresh.

Date: February 26, 2015 09:15PM

SueZ Wrote:

> Um, hello, as I said, I posted that what you call
> a "really unfortunate link" from that site for the
> comments under the article - like this one which
> you (without acknowledgement) have extracted
> from it.

Yes Suez, my apologies.

researcher Wrote:
> Sproutarian Man, much of that interview can be
> found here:
>
> [www.wptv.com]
> /contradicting-cancer-claims-from-hippocrates-heal
> th-institute-director

Thanks for the link

fresh Wrote:
> more
>
> [www.wptv.com]
> /woman-speaks-out-about-hippocrates-health-institu
> te-nightmare

I don't know who these people are, but saying that the cancer got worse under the raw diet is disturbing to think about. I hope that is not true.

-------------

Brian Clement defends his position and speaks well in these short links

Clement on Credentials
[www.youtube.com]

Clement on Financials
[www.youtube.com]

Clement on Services
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 27, 2015 11:02PM

>
>
> Brian Clement defends his position and speaks well
> in these short links
>
>
> Clement on Credentials
> [www.youtube.com]

Not really. He wasn't asked enough of the right questions, and he took advantage of that. Brian Clement emphasizes that Florida doesn't license naturopathic doctors. This is true. However, I'm sure he knows that qualified NDs - such as the Florida Naturopathic Physician's Association (FNPA) - are promoting licensing legislation in an attempt to prevent unqualified practice.

Would Brian Clement qualify for a license under FNPA's proposal? Here's the question I asked FNPA and their response:

Q: If Florida passes legislation requiring naturopaths to be licensed, would Brian Clement's background qualify him for a license as a naturopathic doctor? He is a graduate of the University of Science Arts and Technology, which may not have been an accredited university at the time.

Thank you.

-

A: Thank you for your question.

The answer is probably not, though it will depend upon the language and details of any licensing bill that gets passed. We are seeking a licensing bill that will require graduation from a CNME-accredited naturopathic medical program (visit [www.cnme.org] to learn more).
The University of Science Arts and Technology is not such a program and has never been, so Mr. Clements would not qualify for a license to practice naturopathic medicine under the licensing law we are seeking. If you are interested, you can learn more about accredited naturopathic medical programs here: [aanmc.org].

-

CNME (cited in the first paragraph of FNAP'S response) is the Council of Naturopathic Medical Education.

"Founded in 1978, CNME is accepted as the programmatic accrediting agency for naturopathic medical education by the four-year naturopathic colleges and programs in the United States and Canada..."

[www.cnme.org]

Brian Clement has now been ordered to cease and desist and pay a very small fine (considering his massive earnings).

So what now? Well, now he has the money to go to a real school and earn a real credential. This is not a tragedy.

Date: February 27, 2015 11:10PM

> Brian Clement defends his position and speaks well
> in these short links
>
>
> Clement on Credentials
> [www.youtube.com]

Again, not really. He wasn't asked enough of the right questions.

Brain Clement claims to be a "Licensed Nutritionist" in the State of Florida. But here's what that means according to the University of Florida:

Licensed Nutrition Counselor (LNC)

When the licensure law was enacted in Florida, individuals who had been practicing nutrition counseling prior to 1988 were allowed to apply for the designation licensed nutrition counselor (LNC). To indicate that they are licensed in Florida, LNCs may use the words nutrition counselor, licensed nutrition counselor, nutritionist, or licensed nutritionist in connection with their names or places of business.

Prior to 1988, no law regulated the practice of nutrition counseling, so LNCs could have been highly qualified or completely unqualified in the area of nutrition/nutrition counseling.

So basically, when licensing was introduced, those "nutritionists" practicing before 1988 were "grandfathered in" and there are no required qualifications.

Unlike the LNC license, the Florida LD/N license actually requires qualifications.

[edis.ifas.ufl.edu]

Date: February 27, 2015 11:19PM

Should a raw food "guru" have a free pass to do anything and still have the support of other raw foodists?

OF COURSE NOT! Unconditional LOVE is OK. Unconditional support of behavior is NOT, and it promotes abuse and distrust of all alternative practitioners.

Example: Person A is a liar and a jerk. Person B defends the jerk and defends the lies told by the jerk. Person C observes this. Who will Person C trust? Neither of them.

Another question: Will everyone stop sprouting if a sprouting "guru" turns out to be a jerk?

OF COURSE NOT - unless we believe that the future of sprouting depends on just one person's reputation. If that's the case, sprouting is pretty weak.

Posted by: vetsez ()
Date: February 27, 2015 11:33PM

Clement claims to have a doctorate of naturopathic medicine and a PhD in nutrition from the University of Science Arts and Technology (USAT), based in Montserrat.
However, USAT president Orien Tulp said, “Brian Clement, he is not a naturopathic doctor from USAT. I can guarantee that. He shouldn’t be making false claims for one. If he is, I’ll withdraw his degree.”

Date: February 27, 2015 11:49PM

There are definitely questions surrounding Brian Clement's conduct as a practitioner.

[www.wptv.com]

"After months of sticking to Clement's strict raw-vegan diet, Staci remembers getting a call from her mom."

'She said, I have this painful sore on my chest and I didn't know what it was. Brian looked at it and said it's a sign that the cancer is actually escaping thru my pores. It's leaving through my pores. Its good news. I need to stick it out. This is good news,' Staci recalls her mom saying...

"Months and at least $20,000 in Hippocrates bills later, Staci says her mom’s sores got dramatically worse."

'It looked like an oozing head of cauliflower, that's the only way I can explain even remotely what it looks like. It was just lumpy and scabby and oh, it was horrific,” she said covering her face.

"Staci immediately brought her mom to a surgeon who confirmed that Sugar's cancer, which had been isolated to one breast when she started with Hippocrates, had spread to her brain.

'It had been growing all over her chest. These were cancerous tumors eating away at her body,' Staci said.

"Sugar died a year later."

-

Staci's Mom died. During the time spent at HHI, her cancer progressed from operable Stage II breast cancer to inoperable Stage IV and had metastasized to her brain.

Obviously, it was NOT the raw food that made the cancer worse. It was the CANCER that made the cancer worse.

But the point is that Staci's mother was told the sore on her chest was the cancer escaping through her pores. Maybe she would have opted for surgery sooner and maybe even survived if Brian Clement hadn't told her this.

Many people survive breast cancer after surgery and often live long lives.

Of course, we don't know the story is true regarding what Brian Clement told Staci's mother. But if it is, then Brian Clement's conduct is indefensible. How would he KNOW this about the cancer leaving her pores? He risked her life with that message. Did he take a biopsy? Even if he had, would the biopsy have shown that the cancer was leaving? I get how cool that would be for a cancer detox. But it didn’t happen, and she died.

At the very least, Brian Clement is treating cancer patients while calling himself a doctor, on the basis of an nonaccredited degree.

Don't like the term "doctor" as it's normally applied? Then why call yourself one?

Well, maybe we either care, or we don't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2015 11:55PM by suncloud.

Date: February 27, 2015 11:57PM

vetsez Wrote:
> Clement claims to have a doctorate of naturopathic
> medicine and a PhD in nutrition from the
> University of Science Arts and Technology (USAT),
> based in Montserrat.
> However, USAT president Orien Tulp said, “Brian
> Clement, he is not a naturopathic doctor from
> USAT. I can guarantee that. He shouldn’t be
> making false claims for one. If he is, I’ll
> withdraw his degree.”

Vetsez, do you happen to have a link or a reference for that quote from Orien Tulp?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2015 11:58PM by suncloud.

Date: February 28, 2015 01:07AM

suncloud Wrote:
> The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
>
> > Brian Clement defends his position and speaks
> well
> > in these short links
> >
> >
> > Clement on Credentials
> > [www.youtube.com]
>
> Again, not really. He wasn't asked enough of the
> right questions.

Of course the media didn't ask the right questions because they aren't up with with the legal stuff, but the courts will ultimately decide.

I want him to get through this because he has done a good job promoting a sproutarian diet, but l want to see him do things properly, by the law and use good medical staff at HHI.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: February 28, 2015 01:25AM

suncloud Wrote:
> The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> >
> >
> > Brian Clement defends his position and speaks
> well
> > in these short links
> >
> >
> > Clement on Credentials
> > [www.youtube.com]
>
> Not really. He wasn't asked enough of the right
> questions, and he took advantage of that. Brian
> Clement emphasizes that Florida doesn't license
> naturopathic doctors. This is true. However, I'm
> sure he knows that qualified NDs - such as the
> Florida Naturopathic Physician's Association
> (FNPA) - are promoting licensing legislation in an
> attempt to prevent unqualified practice.
>
> Would Brian Clement qualify for a license under
> FNPA's proposal? Here's the question I asked FNPA
> and their response:
>
> Q: If Florida passes legislation requiring
> naturopaths to be licensed, would Brian Clement's
> background qualify him for a license as a
> naturopathic doctor? He is a graduate of the
> University of Science Arts and Technology, which
> may not have been an accredited university at the
> time.
>
> Thank you.
>
> -
>
> A: Thank you for your question.
>
> The answer is probably not, though it will depend
> upon the language and details of any licensing
> bill that gets passed. We are seeking a licensing
> bill that will require graduation from a
> CNME-accredited naturopathic medical program
> (visit [www.cnme.org] to learn more).
> The University of Science Arts and Technology is
> not such a program and has never been, so Mr.
> Clements would not qualify for a license to
> practice naturopathic medicine under the licensing
> law we are seeking. If you are interested, you
> can learn more about accredited naturopathic
> medical programs here: [aanmc.org].
>
> -
>
> CNME (cited in the first paragraph of FNAP'S
> response) is the Council of Naturopathic Medical
> Education.
>
> "Founded in 1978, CNME is accepted as the
> programmatic accrediting agency for naturopathic
> medical education by the four-year naturopathic
> colleges and programs in the United States and
> Canada..."
>
> [www.cnme.org]
>
> Brian Clement has now been ordered to cease and
> desist and pay a very small fine (considering his
> massive earnings).
>
> So what now? Well, now he has the money to go to
> a real school and earn a real credential. This is
> not a tragedy.

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks for asking the questions.

I have to say, l absolutely LOVE the law, l find it far more interesting than raw foods could ever be. Outside of spiritual stuff, the law is my second greatest love. If l have spare time (something rare these days) l love nothing better than to read a good law book, read a law dictionary and or study the statutes.

Studying contracts is some of the most fun ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2015 01:33AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Current Page: 8 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables