Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fenugreek sprouts or greens
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: November 23, 2014 08:32PM

Which one is more nutritious?

[sproutpeople.org]

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2014 08:34PM by RawPracticalist.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fenugreek sprouts or greens
Posted by: Living Food ()
Date: November 24, 2014 04:25PM

The sprouts are always much more beneficial than the mature plant.

Re: Fenugreek sprouts or greens
Date: December 02, 2014 09:13PM

I really can't promote sprouted fenugreek and chia seeds enough, they perform such important roles in a diet, and any diet without these two wonder foods the diet vegan diet will be poorer for it imo.

These two are miracle foods and are the star balancers in the raw vegan diet. I eat more fenugreek than most people, sprout over 55 pounds per year and have had literaly truck loads of it in the form of juice. I often consume 16 oz of fenugreek sprout juice 5 - 6 days per week without any problems of anti nutrient effects or build ups. Fenugreek sprout juice has been very healing for me, and now l am becoming aware of it's nutrient balancing potential in a diet.

[www.thesproutarian.com]

Here is a short write-up l did on fenugreek sprouts. These sprouts are highly recommended 5 - 6 days per week for most people, but probably not so good for meat eaters because they will serve extra functions in a different context therefore factors such as iron overload or kidney damage could occur imo, so best to know where and in what combination fenugreek is used for best effects. I believe a good diet is about highly potent FRESH raw plant foods, but these lants must be combined properly for a higher level of nutrient synergy. We know that nutritionally unbalanaced diets (many vegan diets) can cause various minerals and vitamins to be more poorly absorbed, so we need to be aware of what foods can be used to make them more balanced. If you look at vegand diets you will often see them high in manganese, copper, potassium, but much lower in iron, zinc, sodium...people may get the rda's but the various nutrients above are unbalanced and can compete against each other for absorption. Fenugreek greens balance and harmonise this process out in a vegan diet because it levels out the ratios of iron - manganese - copper...these are the `tricky three' and this is when nutrietnt balancing art needs to take place to tame the big inbalances usually in the vegan diet.

Drinking fenugreek sprout juice will allow you to to up with many powerful antioxidants to protect the DNA and is high in various vitamins and minerals. This plant is very health promoting.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2014 09:18PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables