Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

cracking window open at night in cold weather
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: November 24, 2014 12:59AM

Do you crack the window open during sleep in cold weather (bellow 32F)?

I think it makes a big difference in the blood.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cracking window open at night in cold weather
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: November 24, 2014 12:32PM

Here are a few articles from my file on Brown Fat:

[fitness.mercola.com]
Researchers Find Healthy Brown Fat Regulates Your Blood Sugar
August 08, 2014 | 29,566 views

By Dr. Mercola
Story at-a-glance
• People with higher levels of brown fat have a faster metabolism, better blood sugar control, and higher insulin sensitivity after being exposed to cold temperatures
• Brown fat generates heat by helping you burn calories, and because of this it’s being explored as a tool for weight loss, healthy metabolism, and much more
• The more brown fat, or the more activated brown fat, you have the better, as there are direct correlations between the activation of brown fat and metabolic measures of good health
• Scientists have repeatedly found that they can activate brown fat in adults by exposing them to cold temperatures; exercise may also help to increase your brown fat
• Consuming melatonin stimulates the appearance of "beige" fat, another type of heat-generating fat that is similar to brown fat

[fitness.mercola.com]

[www.naturalnews.com]
Colder temperatures can induce a massive calorie burn
Thursday, January 30, 2014 by: J. Anderson

[www.naturalnews.com]
Brown adipose tissue - The fat-burning furnace you should take advantage of
Monday, November 26, 2012 by: Dr. Daniel Zagst

[articles.mercola.com]
This Trick May Force Your Body to Burn 400-500 Extra Calories/Day
Posted By Dr. Mercola | February 13 2012

[www.jbc.org]
Expression of a cDNA Isolated from Rat Brown Adipose Tissue and Heart Identifies the Product as the Muscle Isoform of Carnitine Palmitoyltransferase I (M-CPT I)

Here are some of my notes from...

“Young Again” by John Thomas

Brown Fat (Brown Adipose Tissue or BAT):
Brown Fat & Mitochondria

““Brown fat has a great deal to do with vitality and rejuvenation. Understanding it sheds light on WHY some people are fat, skinny, thin sick, energetic, etc.

Officially, brown fat is called brown adipose tissue or BAT. BAT was only recently discovered BAT is brown because of the extremely heavy concentrations of mitochondria. ... Except for the word fat, BAT has NO resemblance in appearance or function to its shirt-tale relative, White Adipose Tissue or WAT (normal body fat). ... p. 260

Officially, BAT is responsible for “non-shivering thermogenesis” ---the generation of heat in the absence of shivering. Shivering is a normal body function that is part of heat production under cold OR high stress conditions (people shiver during and after a serious accident). BAT is heavily vascularized (lots of blood vessels) compared to WAT. pp. 260-261

Babies have much higher concentrations of BAT than do adults. People who live and work in cold climates have more BAT than people in warm climates. Japanese women skin divers have very high concentrations of BAT and are able to bear frigid ocean waters for hours at a time. They can do this because of the concentrations of BAT in their tissues and because of the right-spin energy diet. BAT generates much ATP.

Healthy people have more BAT than do sick people. Thin people have more BAT than fat people. The more BAT you have, the leaner you will be and the more energy you will have. ...

People who are subclinically sick, or who suffer with degenerative dis-ease have low concentrations of BAT!

Obese people do not have enough BAT. Instead, they have too much WAT (white adipose tissue). As WAT increases in a person’s body, BAT decreases. Obesity is the most obvious SIGN of metabolic slow down, accumulation of EXCESSES, and hormonal imbalances.

When we reach our anabolic peak, loss of BAT accelerates, obesity becomes a problem, vitality diminishes, and aging accelerates. This downward spiral normally begins in the middle twenties to early thirties.

In industrial societies like the USA, BAT loss among women (and men) is epidemic! Premenopausal symptoms are now appearing 20 years AHEAD of official onset of menopause. Symptoms that used to manifest in the late forties and early fifties are now RAMPANT among women in their late twenties and early thirties. Signs and symptoms of aging develop in direct relationship to loss of BAT, development of hormonal problems, and toxic excesses in the body.

The use of racemized hormone precursors encourages BAT formation and reverses menopausal and andropausal symptoms in BOTH sexes with NO danger of any kind. Liver flushing, aerobic exercise, rebounding, and lymph rolling are important. Subjecting the body to cold is VERY beneficial. ... p. 261

My favorite cold therapy is to do my aerobic exercise OUTSIDE in nothing but boxer shorts---year around! Workouts in the “COLD” stimulate the body and train the mind to focus beyond the immediate present. p. 261-262

ETVC (racemic food) encourages BAT formation, warms cold bodies, and puts on muscle (muscle has more mitochondria than fat), and levels blood sugars.

Increase BAT and you will BACK your way UP the aging pyramid (see page 21) to your former anabolic peak. When you reach that peak, you have become Young Again! p. 262, John Thomas, “Young Again”

Date: November 24, 2014 09:45PM

Thanks. I'll keep the window open. Somehow I wake up more energetic. What about the people that do cold sun bathing, are they scared? winking smiley

Posted by: Living Food ()
Date: November 25, 2014 01:30AM

Of course I do. But I don't just crack the window open, I put it wiiiidddeeeee open as far as it will go grinning smiley

What about the people that do cold sun bathing, are they scared?

Hahaha Panchito, I laughed long and hard at that one. When you live in the light you know no fear, as fear comes from darkness.

Date: November 25, 2014 03:26AM

Living Food Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When you live in the light you know no fear,
> as fear comes from darkness.

When you have your firts raccoon death match outside the window, you will crack the window open, not wide open winking smiley

Posted by: Living Food ()
Date: November 25, 2014 05:29AM

LOL smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2014 05:32AM by Living Food.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables