Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Eating ONLY fruit
Posted by: JadeCleveland ()
Date: December 06, 2014 10:47AM

So I was just wondering if there's anyone here who eats only fruit, nothing else?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Eating ONLY fruit
Date: December 06, 2014 11:37AM

I highly doubt anyone here eats 100% fruit,and l doubt very few humans alive would be 100% fruit over a long term period.

There are a lot of issues when people eat all fruit diets, and people's experiences have nearly always shown it is best to always add greens and some seeds.

Are you thinking of going 100% fruit? If you are, be very careful and always be prepared to make changes to the diet if things don't go so well.

There are lots of different ways to do a diet, and the key is for yourself to find a diet which works for you. Some people may want to go high carb low fat, but that does not always work. Some people want to go high fat but that does not always work. Developing a diet which makes one thrive can often be an artform...what works for you may not work for someone else.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: December 06, 2014 02:02PM

I tried days with only fruits, but I noticed it wasn't sustainable and realistic long term, at least in my case. I craved fruits, but I also craved veggies, the savoury, natural salty taste.

I think that having a balance between fruits and veggies is the key. And you can't get bored of fruits or veggies this way, because you have them both in your diet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Posted by: Melanie90292 ()
Date: December 06, 2014 06:14PM

Hi Jade,

I wondered about that too when I first considered going all raw. There's a woman whose name I won't say but who is all over YouTube for her single-fruit diet. I asked several doctor friends of mine (allopathic and natural) and also read a LOT of articles and apparently, JUST one type of anything isn't healthy for anyone.

I've learned a lot about my prior poor food choices in the week today that I've been 99.5% raw. I've lost 5.6 lbs and would like to lose 10-14 more. But even the responses I got to my first post here make it clear we have to monitor our results because as wonderful as something sounds it may not work for our particular body.

You seem very knowledgeable on this board. I appreciate your contributions. This is a great place!

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: December 06, 2014 06:28PM

Eating only fruit is a very bad idea for a long-term, permanent diet. There's nothing wrong doing this temporarily for cleansing purposes, but following a fruitarian diet will lead to major nutritional deficiencies: omega-3's, selenium, zinc, likely iron, sodium, and iodine.

However, depending on the availability of fruit in your area, you could easily design a diet plan based around fruit that provided the majority of nutrients required. Fruit and coconut water can deliver nearly all the nutrients required by humans but not some of the most important ones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2014 06:41PM by jtprindl.

Date: December 06, 2014 07:44PM

Melanie90292 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's a woman whose name I won't
> say but who is all over YouTube for her
> single-fruit diet. I asked several doctor friends
> of mine (allopathic and natural) and also read a
> LOT of articles and apparently, JUST one type of
> anything isn't healthy for anyone.
>

Yes, there are LOTS of people promoting foolish vegan diet ideas online and in books, and l feel sure that is why so many followers fail to do well on them, it is like the blind leading the blind. Some of the biggest promotors are some of the most clueless and irresponsible, so be very careful who you listen too.

There are so many ways to do a diet, and if anyone tells you otherwise (like on so many youtubes promoting low fat high carb) you may want to steer away from such rigid thinking because we are people, not robots.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: December 06, 2014 09:51PM

Eat only pears! It is the same argument as to eat only fruit.

If you don't get enough omega3s (walnuts, flax, chia), the brain shrinks. Animals in the wild do eat foliage (folate)

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: December 08, 2014 04:39AM

let's be accurate here: fruit has omega 3s.

I recommend fruit, greens (plentiful) and some nuts & seeds. Please don't eat JUST fruit.

Date: December 08, 2014 04:50AM

"let's be accurate here: fruit has omega 3s"

Not anywhere near the amount of ALA needed to provide adequate EPA/DHA. The conversion percentage of ALA to EPA/DHA is very small, though the science isn't fully understood when it comes to vegan diets. Vegans have been shown to have much higher conversion rates than fish-eaters in at least one study but this doesn't mean they were getting adequate amounts.

Speaking of omega-3's... I'll be testing out my first batch of homemade sprouted crackers tomorrow (chia/sesame) smiling smiley

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: December 08, 2014 04:17PM

There used to be a fruitarian on this forum.
The Fruitarian One.
He was into exercise and fruits
Maybe he "died" from malnutrition
The biggest successful fruitarian is Doug Graham.
Successful fruitarians are into exercise.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2014 04:23PM by CommonSenseRaw.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: December 08, 2014 05:18PM

I would agree that people who eat too small amount of fruit wouldn't recognize the benefits of some of its nutrition. The solution - to eat more smiling smiley

Date: December 08, 2014 06:34PM

"The biggest successful fruitarian is Doug Graham."

What's your definition of "successful" and how has Doug Graham proven that he is?

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: December 08, 2014 08:25PM

Doug Graham brought fruit to the table.
Making fruit the primary food is a big win for many. It may not take you far in the long run but for many it is a huge transition from a diet of pizzas and pastas.
For one thing it is a cleansing diet, for another it is environment friendly.
The problem is that many in their zeal make fruit the ONLY diet.
But that is not Doug Graham fault.

Date: December 10, 2014 11:08AM

jtprindl Wrote:
> "The biggest successful fruitarian is Doug
> Graham."
>
> What's your definition of "successful" and how has
> Doug Graham proven that he is?

Successful??? Is a fruitarian who has big question marks over his highly questionable behaviour considered successful? Is having a big ego successful? Is showing a callous attitude towards others successful? Are people who tell lies successful? Are people who are supposed to get angry when challenged successful?

Is not being able to understand simple questions and string a simple conversation togeather successful? Is being confused successful?
[www.youtube.com]

Personally l call Dr Doug one of the biggest failures in the raw food movement, he has nothing any half awakened person would want except for physical strength. Most of the raw leaders are failures imo because they are still as messed up as the masses....they are gullable and worship rubbish.

People are a sleep, lack a good level of consciousness and can't think for themselves, so they follow these fake gurus because it is part of their karma to do so, that is why most will fail. The failure is the wake-up call people need so they can do things better, but many give up because they are used to folowing others instead of trying to work out solutions.

What a sad world we live in. We might as wear lamb's wool on our backs full time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2014 11:14AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: December 10, 2014 05:57PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:

> Is not being able to understand simple questions
> and string a simple conversation togeather
> successful? Is being confused successful?
> [www.youtube.com]

I watched part of the video smiling smiley Starches became food only after the agricultural revolution. Before that there were no "cultures" to talk about diet. They were nomads (no settlements). So saying that before the neolithic people were not humans is false (Dr McDougal laying) but people take anything.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: December 10, 2014 10:05PM

Panchito Wrote:
> The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Is not being able to understand simple
> questions
> > and string a simple conversation togeather
> > successful? Is being confused successful?
> > [www.youtube.com]
>
> I watched part of the video smiling smiley Starches became
> food only after the agricultural revolution.
> Before that there were no "cultures" to talk about
> diet. They were nomads (no settlements). So saying
> that before the neolithic people were not humans
> is false (Dr McDougal laying) but people take
> anything.
>
> [en.wikipedia.org]

You may be right on that, but that was not my point. Funny enough, Dr Mc Dougal is now claiming there is scientific proof that various non agritcultural starches were found up to 100,000 years ago.

Anyway, l don't want to dwell on the negative too much anymore about diet leaders and N.H diets because l have said enough in the past and do not wish to keep on repeating it, l only want to get people thinking about what makes a successful raw fooder v's a not so successful raw fooder. People see sticking to a raw diet as the ultimate in success, but lets look further and look at the morals of the guru. Enough said.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: December 21, 2014 09:27AM

There are fruitarian only forums, and some raw fruit only eaters here. Why?

I just read I ONLY EAT FRUIT. Interesting read, I have read rare fruitarian books. The diet is kept only when one can do it. Its transition may be long getting into it, and also tough to maintain.

I love fruit eaters. Fantasy life for sure, or maybe its closer to reality. It's part of the raw vegan community, our bros and sisters. The brave ones. Lovers of beauty.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables