Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Prostate trouble
Posted by: runnerchom ()
Date: December 20, 2006 04:45PM

Hi, guys!

I wanted to ask something. My dad, a non-raw guy of 65, has had some prostate trouble. It is enlarged but not malignant. He's been taking some medication for over a year. During a recent visit to a doctor he was told that a surgery (transurethral resection of the prostate) was needed to reduce (or cut out) the prostate gland.

Does anybody have any friends/acquaintances that had a similar issue but decided not to undergo a surgery but do something else instead, something natural? I am looking for some ideas. I realize the prostate issue is just a symptom of the toxicity in his body. I am thinking of having my dad go through some colon hydrotherapy sessions and then start incorporating juices and raw foods into his lifestyle. However, I don't know how long it will take for his condition to get better.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
rc

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Prostate trouble
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: December 20, 2006 04:57PM

I would suggest trying the zeolite. Do a google search. I don't want to hype it too much without doing a proper scientific study first but from what I've read, and from my own experiences, I am REALLy fascinated by it. By both removing toxins and balancing the blood pH AND making a person only crave fruit, I think it could have great potential to induce the body to heal itself.

I'm going to see if I can figure out a way to set up a study so we can get some real proof.

Posted by: jono ()
Date: December 20, 2006 05:38PM

I think beta-sitosterol is supposed to help with the prostate, you could do some reading on this and consider increasing beta-sitosterol rich foods for your father.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: December 20, 2006 06:42PM

I'm just now reading the zeolite patent from the USPTO website - it's pretty neat, actually. Patent number 6288045 - here's the link:

[patft.uspto.gov]

Interestingly, the substance was actually patented to kill epithelial cancer cells.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 21, 2006 01:13AM

I have a friend who is a few years older than your dad whose inflamed prostate healed after water fasting for a few weeks. In just 1 week into the fast, he noticed that he could urinate without any restriction whatsoever. However, fasting is not enough, as it doesn't remove the cause of the prostate inflammation, which is diet and lifestyle habits. In terms of diet, 80/10/10 after the fast will be the most healing diet. In terms of lifestyle, the elements of health need to be practiced: getting plenty of rest and sleep, reducing stress, getting exercise, fresh air, sunshine, clean water, toxin free environment, mental and emotional balance, etc.

Date: December 22, 2006 12:04PM

Bryan,

Thanks for the response. Being a raw foodist myself and practicing the things you mentioned (as much as I can), I know the value of your opinion.

My dad is currently taking some medication but his condition is not aggravated or anything. Did your friend take medication? Did he stop it afterwards and when exactly?

Thanks for your time and attention.

Best,
rc

Date: December 22, 2006 07:30PM

My friend is a cooked vegan and was using herbal remedies for his prostate. Once he saw how the fast totally removed all inflammation from the prostate, he quit taking the herbs, since they didn't really work anyways, and started a process of changing his diet and lifestyle habits. Herbert Shelton writes about his experience with helping people heal their prostate problem in "Fasting Can Save Your Life".

Date: December 22, 2006 08:29PM

Bryan,

I want to get your opinion on my mother's health issues as well.

For the past 3 years she's been troubled by allergies. She lives in Europe but came over to the US to visit us and we took her to a very famous allergist. He did some tests and said she was unusually allergic to a lot of things, including most kinds of fruits and vegetables, dust, pollen, etc.

So for the past 2 years she's been injecting allergens into her body that are supposed to make her less allergic. She maintains a very strict diet and does not eat the things she's supposedly allergic to. On top of that, she recently got told that she's developed hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) and has been taking some medication for that.

Under normal circumstances, based on what I know (and practice), I'd have her start eating raw foods and perhaps introduce juicing to her lifestyle. However, the problem is that she cannot eat almost anything that would be good for her. She can't eat green leafy veggies and fruits; actually, most types of fruit she's supposedly allergic to. The only thing that I have told her to do and she does is to eat sprouted peas and sprouted rye (she's not allergic to these).

What's your opinion/experience? Any suggestions? Anybody else that I can ask?

Thanks,
rc

Date: December 22, 2006 10:27PM

rc,

You might want to buy a private consultation from Doug Graham. They are expensive, but if your mother is in enough pain, it will be well worth it.

Your approach is a good one. I would see if there are any fruits that she can eat, whether they be sweet, acidic, sub-acids, or non-sweet. Is she can tolerate those, it would be good for her to eat them.

Doing all the lifestyle practices and habits that promote good health are never contraindicated. This means she should look at getting lots of rest and sleep (is she on stimulants?), exercise, fresh air, sunshine, clean water, reduced stress, etc. Perhaps fasting can help.

I had hay fever and severe cat allergies before going raw, and now both those allergies are gone. Many people have healed their allergies and asthma from the raw diet.

Has she already removed animal products and especially dairy from her diet? This is a good first step.

Date: December 23, 2006 09:37PM

Bryan,

How much does a consultation with Doug Graham cost?

As far as exercise, sleep, and activity, my mom's fine. She takes medication for her underactive thyroid (I believe it's a hormone pill) but no sleeping pill. Actually, I forgot to mention that she also has high blood pressure so she takes something for that as well. She worries and that is a problem. Both my brother and I live away from home, and this is tough for her. I will do my best to have her and my dad visit us every year.

As far as removing dairy and meat, she's willing to do anything it takes for her to feel healthy again. However, since there aren't that many things she can eat, if we remove dairy and meat, she'll lose a lot of weight. She doesn't eat much meat anyway... maybe once a week. She's already thin.

Today I asked her to have a fruit-only day. She ate an apple, a few grapefruits, and bananas and drank plenty of water. She said she felt good. It's a beginning... We'll try to slowly make some changes to her diet.

Let me know if you can offer any additional opinion.

Best,
rc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables