Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 9 of 12
Re: What's on your RAW menu? (v2)
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: June 20, 2015 05:05PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: June 21, 2015 04:53PM

Ooey, gooey 'strawberry chip' sprout cookies!

Looks just like real cookie dough:

Tastes like regular cookies (but it's all rawspinning smiley sticking its tongue out):

I used sprouted chickpeas and (soaked+drained) walnuts as the "flour", dates and a banana to sweeten it, and chopped strawberries in lieu of chocolate chips. Formed into balls, flattened and dehydrated overnight. YUM! Even thinking of making some almond milk (maybe strawberry?) to go with themgrinning smiley

Date: June 21, 2015 04:54PM

Hey Suvine, what is the bottom red and yellow dish?

Date: June 25, 2015 09:11PM

I want raw cookies now can you mail some to me I send you paypal. Who wants money.

Its raw fruit pie. Mango cherry

Date: June 25, 2015 09:19PM

suvine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I want raw cookies now can you mail some to me I
> send you paypal. Who wants money.
>
> Its raw fruit pie. Mango cherry

No need to pay me, I'd be happy to share the full recipe if you'd like so you can make as many as you wantsmiling smiley They don't last very long!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2015 09:20PM by Kiwibird.

Date: June 25, 2015 09:46PM

WHAT IS IT

are you raw food recipe challenging me?

Are we going to vote who made it best?

Date: June 25, 2015 10:33PM

I'm just not very good at writing out recipes:p but I don't mind sharing. I always appreciate when other have shared their recipes with me!

1 cup sprouted chickpeas
1 cup (soaked+rinsed) walnuts
15 dates (soaked+drained)
1 banana
2 TBSP raw agave
Several diced strawberries

Basically, you process the chickpeas and walnuts until they form a dough-like texture in the food processor and transfer to a bowl. Next process the dates, banana and agave until it is smooth (no more chunks of the dates). Mix with the chickpea/walnut flour until well mixed. Stir in your diced strawberries.

Then comes the 'tricky' and sticky partsmiling smiley I formed them into balls about the size you would a regular cookie, then carefully flattened them out and placed on the dehydrator trays (no silicone sheet underneath). The dehydrated for about 15 hours at 110 degrees and came out very chewy and delicious!

This made about 2 dozen cookies. It was a reminder that *some* things are a slow process with raw foods lol. 2 days to sprout the chickpeas, 15 hours to dehydrate the cookies. Lol, I used to be (actually still am, my hubby is still cooked foods) very proficient at baking. It takes me under an hour to knock out 2 dozen chocolate chip cookies.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: June 29, 2015 02:42AM

This remind me of my dehydrator that sits somewhere in the laundry. I should try using it one day. Maybe, I will make the cookies ... rawkies that it. Thanks Kiwibird.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: July 09, 2015 01:02AM

Snow pea microgreen sprout juice - lots of it

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: July 11, 2015 12:27AM

No-chicken noodle soup (daikon broth) and salad. So refreshing and delicious!

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 12:44PM

Lately:

- cherries
- cherry-plums
- watermelon
- nectarines
- peaches
- apricots
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce
- summer tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, red capsicum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Posted by: rawdeal ()
Date: July 11, 2015 01:23PM

Hi
Any normal English named food items are not healthy at all. They are all toxic and have a bad aura. If you want to be really healthy please go for the exotic items that were shipped, say, from Tibet, on a donkey that is fed an exclusive diet of goji berries, Noni and Acai.

Last night, after I did my chakra cycles and lingam massage, I took out my $2000 juicer and juiced organic fergaute leaves that are imported fresh from new guinea.

I always test the foods I eat with the aura measurer that I bought for $950 from Dr. Margot Blevin. Dr. Margot has a great online blog where she shares her vast knowledge of rawdiness and healthafoo. She received her PhD from the New University after 30 grueling minutes of hard work (and a $100 fee).

My lunch today is going to be organic bluili greens

Date: July 12, 2015 01:58AM

Banana-strawberry ice cream for dinner.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: July 12, 2015 02:05PM

Yesterday:

- watermelon
- raw vegan veggie stew: cauliflower florets, diced cucumbers, diced red capsicum, diced orange bell pepper, diced green bell pepper, carrot strips, with tomato dill sauce, next to summer tomatoes and a white cabbage salad (white cabbage, lemon juice)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: July 21, 2015 03:50AM

I have been enjoying honey dew melons lately.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: July 21, 2015 06:16AM

Kiwi bird is that the Boutenko's did ? I always wanted to try was it good?
Victoria makes it on her video.

Date: July 23, 2015 01:20PM

- plums
- watermelon
- peaches
- nectarines
- chunky cauliflower tomato mash (cauliflower and peeled tomatoes, all pulsed in the blender)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce
- tomatoes, bell peppers, local cucumbers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: July 26, 2015 01:40PM

- plums
- watermelon
- peaches
- raw tomato soup with zucchini noodles (tomatoes, zucchinis, dill)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: July 29, 2015 02:05AM

* Fermented kelp juice
* Chia sprouts (will eat with fermented rye water and coconut fat)

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: July 29, 2015 02:13AM

Also bought a large box of apples and pairs from the farm. Yum yum.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: July 30, 2015 03:38AM

One of the finest possible raw lunches - heavily fermented sunflower seed sprouts eaten with fermented kelp juice, and hydrilla algae added to balance the high phosphorous in the sunflower with the high calcium in the algae, + adding large amounts of B vitamins not seen in other foods. Super duper nutrition in this meal, and almost perfectly balanced....adding spirulina to the meal or having fenugreek sprout juice 30 minutes beforehand would have balanced it better, and including at least 3 tablespoons of some flax sprouts would have created almost a perfectly balanced meal.

One of the world's finest compact meals bursting with super nutrition - the King of raw meals

- Heavily fermented sunflower seed sprouts
- fermented kelp juice
- hydrilla green algae

Other meals had last night:

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2015 03:42AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: August 01, 2015 11:48PM

Soooooooo much fruittongue sticking out smiley Some of the melons I don't even remember the names of, but they were DELICIOUS! Even my little 'raw buddy' couldn't wait to dig in!

Date: August 04, 2015 03:27PM

Wild greens
cacao drink
raw pie
blackberries wild
tomatoes bowl

Date: August 05, 2015 02:28PM

Beautiful pic, Suvine smiling smiley

Yesterday:

- peaches for breakfast
- local plums for lunch
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to bell peppers, yellow tomato, and a salad of curly green leaf lettuce, cucumbers, lemon juice and fresh dill (dinner)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: Manta91 ()
Date: August 06, 2015 04:36AM

Gorgeous pictures, everyone! Especially those cookies, Kiwibird, they sound amazing. Kiwi looks great as always, too smiling smiley

My Cecilia has been on a mostly raw diet (some pellets still) for nor even 2 weeks now and seems to be growing back some feathers again! We've been giving her a mix of nuts and fruit and she is starting to look herself again grinning smiley

Date: August 06, 2015 12:02PM

Manta91 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gorgeous pictures, everyone! Especially those
> cookies, Kiwibird, they sound amazing. Kiwi looks
> great as always, too smiling smiley
>
> My Cecilia has been on a mostly raw diet (some
> pellets still) for nor even 2 weeks now and seems
> to be growing back some feathers again! We've been
> giving her a mix of nuts and fruit and she is
> starting to look herself again grinning smiley

Hey! I'm glad Cecilia is adapting to raw foodssmiling smiley I think you'll be surprised how beautiful her plumage will get the more fruit and veg she eats (keep some nuts and seeds in there too, I know everyone demonizes them, but birds eat them in nature!). I'm still working on how to get raw foods formed into pellets, but this is what's been on Kiwi's raw menu lately supplementing his fresh foods (it's kind of crunchy and he loves it! I think it's the beets and sweet potato he's so fond of)-

(After going through the Omega on the blank disk)

(Fully dehydrated)

Posted by: Manta91 ()
Date: August 06, 2015 01:42PM

Does he eat the sweet potato raw? Cecilia loves it, but always steamed. We're not shy about nuts with her either, as she could stand to put on weight. I do want to mix things up with some raw veggies in there too, though. I am not home with her (she lives with my mother) but even she sees the difference which I think should be enough motivation to follow my guidelines now.

I am so happy for her! She had really been starting to look ill.

Should note that her pellets are the traditional fortified version. That said, she is making enough progress in spite of them so I'm not too concerned about their inclusion in her diet at this point.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2015 01:46PM by Manta91.

Date: August 08, 2015 02:17AM

Bought loads of good stuff to cover me for lunch meals over the next 5 months. All high quality stuff.

- 6 kg of organic chia (only buy small quantities)
- dulse
- kelp powder
- 2 kg of sunflower seed kernels to top up my spare 10 kg sack of sunflower kernels
- quinoa sample
- high quality coconut fat

And yes, around $330 for this with a member discount. Food is expensive in Oz. If l bought organic fruit and vegetables from this shop l would need to mortgage my house, so lucky l live a sproutarian lifestyle...none-the-less, it is still an expensive diet.

Currently eating fermented chia sprouts and dulse.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2015 02:19AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: August 08, 2015 02:25AM

Trying out a new sprouting company because all the other ones l have tried are not up to my standards. This company sells heirloom seeds. The sprouting situation in Oz is very dire at the moment so l had to find new sources....hadn't had grasses in months and sunflower greens all year because of the seed shortage, but managed to find the highly prized black oil seeds after much effort.

Tried smallquantities tosee how everything goes. If they grow well l will buy massive sacks of each seed.

- chickpeas 5kg
- sunflower seeds 2kg
- peas 2kg
- wheat 2kg

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: August 08, 2015 03:09AM

Bought a big bag of hydrilla green algae also. I have always been a big chlorella fan, but this is now my favourite algae. It is naturally growing livsmat food and stabilises blood sugar level like no other foods in my experience. I really love the hydrilla.

This is very helpful for bring the calcium up to balance with the seeds, nuts, grains and legumes high in phosphorous. Good food to add,especially for Australians who don't have access to sprouted sesame or sprouted poppy. Also adds potent sources of B vitamins,so a sprouted ferment and hydrilla make a mega potent B vitamin meal. When had with seeds it also makes the beta carotene highly absorbable,and as we know many raw fooders with high beta carotene intake can still be vitamin A deficient. Gotta work smart...gotta make foods work so we absorb much better...many raw fooders still don't make things work in harmony so they become deficient and fail on the diet.

www.thesproutarian.com

Current Page: 9 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables