Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 12 of 12
Re: What's on your RAW menu? (v2)
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: November 05, 2015 12:09AM

For fruitty education reasons, I should say that the one above was openned too early. The one below is ripe as it should be:

Also, here is the chocolate sapote banana ice cream:

I am inspired to invent some chocolate sapote recipes. Aww.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 27, 2015 07:01AM

I heart strawberries.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: November 27, 2015 10:46AM

My recent menu (following my gallbladder attack):

- apples
- grapes
- citrus (oranges, mandarins,clementines)
- cherry tomatoes
- tomatoes
- cucumbers
- capsicums
- today I'm attempting to make some zoodles again (my usual recipe - so I need to make carrot juice for my carrot pulp that goes into the sauce)
- lots of water (usually 3 liters/day, but 4 liters recently to help expelling the pills from the body)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 28, 2015 12:36PM

hey Ela123

What caused your gall bladder attack? Are you okay now? I hope so. Take care.

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: December 01, 2015 10:28AM

La Veronique, thank you for your concern and kind wishes.

This was the second gallbladder attack, caused by eating a lot of my raw salt-free sauerkraut (I ate around 700 g). The doctor told me not to eat cabbage and cauliflower, and veggies hard to digest, but obviously I didn't listen.
The first attack was in March this year, caused by drinking 400 ml spinach juice.
I wrote the whole story here in this thread (which I started after my first gallbladder attack - back then I thought it was kidney stones): [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Date: December 07, 2015 09:25AM

Dining out at Veggie Bar in Melbourne:

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: December 27, 2015 01:44PM

Simply creative and beautiful

Date: December 28, 2015 06:37AM

Ela123

<<La Veronique, thank you for your concern and kind wishes.

This was the second gallbladder attack, caused by eating a lot of my raw salt-free sauerkraut (I ate around 700 g). The doctor told me not to eat cabbage and cauliflower, and veggies hard to digest, but obviously I didn't listen.
The first attack was in March this year, caused by drinking 400 ml spinach juice.
I wrote the whole story here in this thread (which I started after my first gallbladder attack - back then I thought it was kidney stones): [www.rawfoodsupport.com]>>

Ela, are you doing better now? So I'm guessing that you are taking the route of lower oxalic acid and also less high sulfuric content itens ( especially cabbage).

I hope you are faring well.

Date: January 05, 2016 04:15AM

The apricot tree in my gardening is full of beautiful apricots. This is my opportunity to have some tree-ripen lovely fruit. These are the best apricots I have ever had in my life, and I am over 50! Tree-ripen fruit is so unbelievably nutritious and satisfying.

All the best in the New Year to you.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 22, 2016 01:45AM

This winter I have been loving the citrus. My current favorite is Pomellos! It's hard to say a favorite because I love love love sweet mexican limes/lemons, Sweet mexican lemons are so good, it's hard to believe they are real. It's such an amazing wonderful treat in the dead of winter. But even more amazing than sweet lemons are the pink Pomellos. Oh, they are not only good, but the color and texture is amazing. Each individual pomello slice looks like a wall of iridescent jewels. I have never bought a pomelo from a grocery store, only the farmer's market, so I have no idea how they are in the stores.

I have had a brutal two weeks of stress and work. Sometimes the fruit can be so amazing, it's the thing that perks me up and makes me happy.

HEre is a blend I have made frequently:
the juices of
sweet mexican lemons
tangerine
grapefruit
orange

I only eat pomellos. I don't juice them. Of course, I love cara cara oranges too and recently I bought some and only about half were actually cara cara, but they are always better than regular orange ones. The cara cara in stores don't taste like the ones at farmer's markets.

When my juice is too sweet, I add passion fruit. Yes, I still have passion fruit growing. I don't have too many growing in the winter, so I just use the whole fruit, not only the juice.

Also, strangely, I have plums turning red. I don't know why they flowered so late.

Also, my collards are just so tender right now. Super tender and mild. So easy to chew. They are actually exquisite right now. I might have to make a video on them, because they are so amazing right now. So busy though.

I have my garden bananas ripe today, picked fresh from the plant, just as my store bought bananas were finished and I wanted some bananas for my coconut milk. I like making little fruit salads with berries and coconut milk, etc.

I still have some persimmons.

My aloe is just perfect after some rain. Going to be drinking lots of it.

I agree with TSM about sprouts. I make legume sprouts regularly, like lentils this past week. I buy sprouts too like sunflower, mung and alfalfa and wheatgrass juice. I am going to make some sunflower green juice tonight.

Been eating lots of avocados/guacomole, because two trees have ripe avos. I buy Leaf cuisine's raw corn chips that are almost paper thin.

I do like my standard romaine salad with other mixed greens. It's easy because it's mostly prewashed when you buy the organic hearts.

Been making raw hemp protein smoothies and putting supplements in them like the whole plant based, food-only vitamins and minerals

Getting ready to revamp my diet and making it super green with heavy green juices plus microgreens and grasses.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2016 01:57AM by Tai.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: January 22, 2016 02:26AM

The only issue I see with juicing sprouts is that you may lose much of the minerals, amino acids, enzymes, and phytochemicals in the fiber. Is there any research on sprout juice? Why not just make sprout salads that consist of sunflower greens, broccoli sprouts, sprouted lentils, sprouted chia, etc.? I can see the logic in juicing wheatgrass because we can't digest it but could it be that juicing sprouts actually wastes much of its nutrition due to being bound to the fiber? I can't wait to start growing lots of sprouts again.

Date: January 22, 2016 02:50AM

sunflower green stems can be pretty fibrous. the green sprig is easy to chew. It's about quantity. If you have a little, you make a salad. If you have a lot, you juice them.

HHI has documented the nutrition in sprout juice.

Date: January 22, 2016 03:28AM

jtprindl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The only issue I see with juicing sprouts is that
> you may lose much of the minerals, amino acids,
> enzymes, and phytochemicals in the fiber. Is there
> any research on sprout juice?

Juicing sprouts would make the nutrition more absorbable imo,so it would more than make up for nutrient losses. Also, when we juice we tend to use more sprouts than if we eat them, so this would also make up for any losses from juicing. IMO juicing is by far the best way to get the nutrition...juice lots of sprouts and consume it in highly absorbable form. Eating heaps of sprouts is a big task.

Some folks say that juicing takes out too many phytochemicals, and there may even be some limited science to show this, and others will say that blending is the way to go, BUT we know for a fact that a far deeper healing takes place when one juices greens compared to blending greens.

When l used to eat all my food as a young sproutarian l still never healed properly, but after juicing l did heal far better. Why?...can
't be sure, but maybe l was getting more nutrients overall for healing via juicing compared to what l could eat.

>Why not just make
> sprout salads that consist of sunflower greens,
> broccoli sprouts, sprouted lentils, sprouted chia,
> etc.?

I don't think many people like to take the extra time needed to eat those things. Juicing is quicker and more practical.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: January 22, 2016 03:39AM

Tai Wrote:

>
> I agree with TSM about sprouts. I make legume
> sprouts regularly, like lentils this past week.

I have had many lentil sprouts in my day. For almost 2 years straight l ate a large lentil sprout salad each night.

You know what? When l don't eat lentil sprouts l feel the difference. Lentil sprouts noticeably boost my energy levels. Sprouted grains can give good strength too, but lentil sprouts are one of my favourites.

I am going to be having a lot of mung bean sprouts and lentil sprouts over the next few months. Decided not to do fermented nuts much. Got to get the body primed up to eat legume sprouts....your average raw fooder probably couldn't do it....probiotics and green juices are our friends folks. Prebiotics via raw foods isn't enough imo for many people...fermenting brings body functioning to a higher level so one can break down anti-nutrients. I would argue that human bodies are sick and bacteria and enzyme deficient, and we need more than just raw food to fix the problem...I think we need fermented foods.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: January 22, 2016 11:54AM

jtprindl Wrote:
> The only issue I see with juicing sprouts is that
> you may lose much of the minerals, amino acids,
> enzymes, and phytochemicals in the fiber. Is there
> any research on sprout juice? Why not just make
> sprout salads that consist of sunflower greens,
> broccoli sprouts, sprouted lentils, sprouted chia,
> etc.? I can see the logic in juicing wheatgrass
> because we can't digest it but could it be that
> juicing sprouts actually wastes much of its
> nutrition due to being bound to the fiber? I can't
> wait to start growing lots of sprouts again.

Glad to see you back, jtprindl!

My most common way of using sprouts these days is blending them as a soup ingredient. That way I lose none of their power and they are easily eaten and digested.

One bit of good news, for busy people in the upper Midwest where good sprouts usually have to be grown at home, "River Valley Sprouts", out of Minnesota, is selling some fantastic sprouts, IMO. I really like their clover and radish mix.

Date: January 26, 2016 07:50AM

yesterday I bought 47 lb of certified organic citrus from the farmer's market:
13 lb pomelos
10 lb oro blancos (grapefruit-pomelo hybrid)
24 lb of blood orange, sweet lemons, and cara caras
plus my usual haul
(plus 15 lb of real lemons that I picked from a tree)

I hand picked every piece. They all have a nice ripe softness.

bought my first purple cauliflower. It was gigantic.

The citrus is so ripe and perfect that I have been eating them, not juicing them (except the lemons and really tiny blood oranges). Eating them makes my teeth feel amazing. I can actually start to grasp how RObert Morse lived on oranges for 6 months. When each piece is perfectly ripe, it is amazing.

The cara caras taste like candy but are only mildly sweet. They are so good, I can't believe they are almost gone. I should have bought more.
The oro blancos are astringent and very healing. Being a cross, they are not as bitter as a normal grapefruit and are both slight sour and slightly sweet.
Blood oranges are either juice oranges or navel. The navel ones are fun to eat.
eating all three together on the same plate is a nice blend of sweet and sour.
Liquid gemstones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2016 07:53AM by Tai.

Date: January 26, 2016 11:26AM

For those of us buried in the snow in New York this makes it totally unfair and envious that you can pick your own juicy ripe fruits.

Date: January 29, 2016 02:54AM

I forgot how to post a pic and I just relearned, so I am late in posting this one.
This was a typical haul from one of my farmer's markets last month. I go to two a week usually and I get more greens from another one. Funny enough, I am still getting much of the same stuff even this month, except the persimmons and pears, even though I still have some in the fridge. In the top pic, I made an asian napa salad with the purple bicolor carrots. THose carrots really make a salad. I let the pomellos ripen more before I open them. THose are the amazing sweet mexican lemons I have talked about. THose grapes are not too sweet and they are very refreshing. everything is organic.

Date: January 31, 2016 01:04AM

jtprindl

<<The only issue I see with juicing sprouts is that you may lose much of the minerals, amino acids, enzymes, and phytochemicals in the fiber.>>

The opposite also seems true. That a lot of the eminerals, amino acids, enzymes and phytochemicals are released into the juice itself and made for more ready and quicker absorption by the body. But, I see no reason to not do both. Eat it, juice it and decorate your backyard with it. You can have it all. No need to limit oneself to just one modality when all options are available.

cool smiley

Date: March 02, 2016 11:34PM

Just had a brunch of 60 oz of sprouted chia milk in rejuvalic. My biggest seed meal ever. Will have to do me all morning and day until evening. My stomach is full of seed.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: March 02, 2016 11:56PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> Just had a brunch of 60 oz of sprouted chia milk
> in rejuvalic. My biggest seed meal ever. Will have
> to do me all morning and day until evening. My
> stomach is full of seed.

60 oz as in over 8,000 calories of chia seeds in one sitting?

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: March 03, 2016 12:56AM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
> For those of us buried in the snow in New York
> this makes it totally unfair and envious that you
> can pick your own juicy ripe fruits.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, seasonal migration. We need to be in the Sun/Light and the warmth and as little clothing as possible to be truly healthy. Diet is only part of the puzzle and eating raw foods in a cold zone is not very wise, (damp spleen and all that). Read Ani Phyo's story...

Date: March 03, 2016 09:51PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Just had a brunch of 60 oz of sprouted chia
> milk
> > in rejuvalic. My biggest seed meal ever. Will
> have
> > to do me all morning and day until evening. My
> > stomach is full of seed.
>
>
> 60 oz as in over 8,000 calories of chia seeds in
> one sitting?

No way. It is sprouted and contains rejuvalic in that combination. It amounts to about 1 cup of dry seeds which is then sprouted.

I have an easy day today so l eat watermelon for lunch.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2016 09:51PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: May 30, 2016 11:16AM

It's been watermon lately!

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: May 31, 2016 11:03AM

Vanilla bean banana date strawberry ice cream, to sweeten the life

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: June 02, 2016 01:52PM

Magic melons. Juicy fruit are my favorite.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: June 04, 2016 08:40AM

Very beautiful

What could be the long term effects of all these fruits sugar if not balanced with greens or green juices?

Date: June 04, 2016 01:15PM

I do get green cravings and follow them. I have times when I don't feel like greens at all too. I try not to submit myself to restrictions and be sensible, thought fruit is definitely #1 food for me.

Enjoying golden kiwi fruit right now. smiling smiley

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Current Page: 12 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables