Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Help, transitioning to raw and the detox symptoms..
Posted by: giverawago ()
Date: December 26, 2014 09:25PM

Hi, I've been having health problems for around 15 years and they have progressively got worse and worse. More foods were making me unwell and now I found that cooked foods are becoming a problem.

It's as if I am being forced to eat all raw, cooked foods are becoming like toxic to me.

I did one intermittent fast day on the 17th where in the evening I only eat some carrots and broad beans. Then on the 18th I did 2.5 days of water fasting. I felt good until the 3rd day where I felt really rough and exhausted.

halfway through the 3rd day I started to eat fruit smoothies which I eat a couple of days but my stomach starting to hurt and liver, the worst pain was my pancreas and I've had this a few times in the past. To help myself the next day I water fasted again and in the evening only eat blended lettuce. The next day all green veg blended and my stomach came better. I also took bicarb which helped me.

My problems are the detox and weight loss, I've lost a lot already and am down to 120lb. Plus I have really bad pains all over especially my back. Everytime I eat any fruit it gets worse plus it's made me have blurred vision and double vision and my bad gums get a lot worse.

I haven't had any headaches or anything as I've quit caffiene, alcohol and most other bad foods for a while now.

Can I get through these detox symptoms and can I improve my stomach/pancreas and liver so that I can start to eat more fruit?

Also can I cure my bad gums with the raw?

I read that detox can take 2 weeks to even months and transitioning can take years..

Any advice please?

Thanks..

P.S. I can't eat nuts seeds as any fats making me jaundice..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help, transitioning to raw and the detox symptoms..
Date: December 27, 2014 09:09PM

There's probably been so many posts like this that's why I haven't had any replies, lol smiling smiley

I found this link that has really helped me, 'Dan the Man' is so knowledgeable, I want to get healthy like him one day if I can do, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_1oVhDWuuA

Looks like I probably picked the wrong time of year to do this fruitarian transition as it's winter time and I'm so freezing cold all the time it's unreal, I hope that will get better soon?

I'm not going to give up or quit though, I am determined to transition and get used to this diet. When eating cooked I was getting so ill that I felt like I literally could not live like that any more.

Tried to do a hillwalk today, I'd eat some pears and apples before so thought I would be OK but I felt absolutely exhausted and I couldn't think clearly at all. I had to come back after only 30mins which my dog wasn't happy about. Then I managed to drive home and just had to lay down for many hours.

I know this is all repetative and must have been loads ofr other people asking the same things as me... At least I know I'm healing plus I'm managing to eat the fruit without my stomach hurting badly so already some improvements smiling smiley

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: December 27, 2014 09:15PM

What are your current health issues?

If you can't eat any fruits, nuts, or seeds... I would recommend coconut water, green juices, algae's, and pseudo grains like quinoa, buckwheat groats, and amaranth.

Date: December 27, 2014 09:22PM

"I read that detox can take 2 weeks to even months and transitioning can take years.."

Detoxing can take years as well.

Curcumin, dandelion, milk thistle, systemic enzymes, digestive bitters, beet juice, pineapple juice, MSM, coffee enema's, broccoli sprouts, grapefruit, and algae's will help your liver detox.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2014 09:23PM by jtprindl.

Date: December 27, 2014 09:36PM

Hi jtprindl, My worst current health issues before I started raw and all a lot worse right now are aching joints, muscles and nerves (Sciatica Etc).. This includes Neck pains, back pains, hips, hands, fingers all over really. Then I have had really bad brain fog, confusion and anxiety where I don't want to be around people.

Then it's the feeling ill after eating foods. I found that by not eating any foods was the only time I would feel better. I've been on intermittent fasting with good success and become vegan, building myself up and improving so that I could go cycling and hill walking.

I've had a lot of troubles with fruit where they give me stomach issues and pancreas pains. I think this may be because I was on a cooked food diet and already felt unwell on the cooked so adding any fruit would make me worse.

It's my 10th day today since quitting cooked and I am eating the fruit without much problems today.

I've had a lot of comments about how I look bad, gone too thin, losing weight and worried about me but I don't want to eat any cooked foods again, they have ruined my health and I see them as poisenous to me..

Thanks for the advice, it feels good just to write to people about this all smiling smiley

Date: December 27, 2014 11:08PM

Okay, well first I would recommend finding a Naturopathic doctor in your area, that's always a good first step.

For anxiety - Valerian root, AFA blue-green algae (E3Live BrainON), B12 (LifeGive B12 Forte), D3, ashwagandha and an algae-based omega-3 supplement. It's also very important to get enough magnesium.

For brain fog - AFA blue-green algae, marine phytoplankton, royal jelly, deep breathing, exercise, staying hydrated, and ginkgo biloba.

For pain - Curcumin, cannabinoids, systemic enzymes, boswellia, MSM

It also sounds like you have an imbalance of healthy gut bacteria so I think it'd be a good idea if you started taking a high-quality probiotics supplement at double the serving size. Good to see that your symptoms associated with eating fruit have improved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2014 11:11PM by jtprindl.

Posted by: tezcal ()
Date: December 28, 2014 12:37AM

Have you tried any parasite cleanses? I had similar symtoms and tried many different things for the past year and a half. What ended up working for me is coffee enemas along with a diet similar to the one David wolf promotes in longevity now, Markus rothkranz in heal yourself 101, and what Robert cassar suggests in his YouTube videos. They're more or less pretty similar, I found what was useful for me from each one and tailored it to my needs.

Although I'm still not at a hundred percent, I'm pretty darn close and have experienced tremendous healing 100% raw.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables