Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
High-Carb Raw and Calories?
Posted by: Manta91 ()
Date: December 28, 2014 07:40AM

So I have decided to give the 80/10/10 diet a go in attempt to resolve my candida overgrowth. I should recieve the book in the mail sometime this week.

I'm wondering, for those that follow a high-carb/fruitarian diet, is there a specific caloric target (such as on 30BaD) or does it vary by gender/height/etc.?

Are there any particular concerns that I should be aware of when it comes to this diet? I'm not looking for weightloss or a quick-fix -- I want to do it right so that I may feel better and nourish my body.

- Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High-Carb Raw and Calories?
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 28, 2014 10:45AM

Regarding candida:

-Regular and consistent use of a good probiotic can go a very long way in dealing with candida.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Some particular concerns regarding 80-10-10 :

(Although I've been successfully raw vegan for many years, and I love eating fruit (!), I'm not an 80-10-10 advocate. Below are some reasons why and some advice if you like.)

-Many (if not the vast majority) find it extremely difficult to follow 80-10-10 consistently. If it turns out that this applies to you, please don't blame yourself. Despite obvious temporary or short-term benefits, it's crucial to seek out a diet that can be sustained consistently. Give the diet a try if you like, but remain open to other options if it isn't working for you. Don't allow yourself to be an 80-10-10 yo-yo.

-We all require adequate micronutrients, and these are at least as important to be aware of as any particular macronutrient ratio (possibly much more important). We don't automatically get adequate vitamins and minerals just by following 80-10-10.

-Foods containing "overt" fats are important sources of essential vitamins and minerals in addition to essential fatty acids. And a moderate quantity of those healthy fats help us absorb fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K) from fruits and vegetables.

-There is no valid science whatsoever to support claims that raw vegan foods containing "overt" fats are less than ideal. Statements to the contrary found in 80-10-10 are not supported by the references cited. For example, as I recall, one reference in 80-10-10 to a passage in The China Study is taken entirely out of context. In fact, the passage is included in The China Study as an example of faulty logic (in the form of "reductionism" ).

-There is no valid science whatsoever to support claims that seaweed is not a healthy food for human consumption.

-It's not wise to attempt to "stretch" our stomachs for the purpose of consuming a sufficient quantity of fruits and vegetables, despite the author's advice.

-Be aware that the author is not a licensed "doctor". His chiropractic license was suspended many years ago and never renewed.

-Be skeptical of any claims from anyone who promotes the elimination or extreme restriction of any entire raw food group. This applies to fruits and other raw vegan foods, as well as nuts and seeds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2014 10:54AM by suncloud.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: December 28, 2014 02:30PM

<<<-We all require adequate micronutrients, and these are at least as important to be aware of as any particular macronutrient ratio (possibly much more important). We don't automatically get adequate vitamins and minerals just by following 80-10-10.>>>

As many of y'all know, there are certain things that I do not appreciate about Doug Graham, especially his views on Juice Fasting, Sea Vegetables and Supplements; however, it seems to me that a lot of people do not understand what it takes to achieve those Macro-Nutrient Ratios. When one limits the amount of Fat one consumes to 10%, which I do NOT believe is necessary nor beneficial for some individuals, and at the same time, achieves a 10% Protein intake, one has to consume ~2 Pounds of Leafy Greens to do so, so by default, most people following a 80-10-10 Ratio with Raw Foods DO get adequate Micro-Nutrients. In fact, they get way more Micro-Nutrients than just about every other diet!

As far as the candida overgrowth, I believe that the best approach for this condition is also the best approach for almost every condition and that is to take a Solid Food Vacation and drink ~1 Gallon of Vegetable Juice every day for the appropriate length of time, which could be several months, and flush EVERYTHING out of our 30 Foot Food Tube and follow that with some Probiotics and/or Fermented Foods.

Remember, DEATH BEGINS IN THE COLON!!!

Peace and Love.......John

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: December 28, 2014 02:53PM

"In fact, they get way more Micro-Nutrients than just about every other diet!"

Except for selenium, zinc, iodine, and in many cases, iron.

Posted by: tezcal ()
Date: December 28, 2014 02:59PM

Good luck. High fruit helped me completely eliminate cooked food last year when I started my health battle, Candida included, and was addicted to black bean and amaranth sprouted corn tacos.. It helped immensely, but after a month or so I felt like I wasn't able to get restful sleep if my life depended on it, and felt genuinely burned out all of the time. Good for transition, but don't throw away the healthy fats, seaweeds and algaes permanently imo

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: December 28, 2014 03:04PM

My advice is to eat the overt fat foods and get at least 10% of calories from fat (on average over a month) and don't go 90/5/5 or overt-fat-free. Doug Graham does NOT suggest removing nuts and seeds (or avocado or coconut) from the diet in the book. Also, eat plenty of greens. And tomatoes and cucumber smiling smiley

2,500 to 3,500 calories a day and see how you feel/your activity level.

Date: December 28, 2014 04:16PM

Thank you for your responses!

I absolutely intend to listen to my body -- I have no ideals when it comes to 80/10/10. I know that it's possible to go through detox within the first two weeks, but know that if these feelings are prolonged I certainly won't be afraid to check in with my doctor. I have an RD, MD, and ND I intend to keep in the know and already keep a journal to track my intake and overall well-being.

I do intend to keep taking my B12, probiotics, and continue to include seaweeds in the diet. I also do not intend to eliminate salt, necessarily, as this seems to be another listen-to-your-body thing. It seems that some people need it, some people don't from what I've gathered so far. I may cut it out for a month or so to feel it out for myself, again, unless there is some obvious physical protest. I also intend to keep lactofermented vegetables in my diet as well.

It should also be noted that I intend to focus equally on the greens. I also don't intend to limit them to lettuces, as some may suggest. I've yet to be convinced that it is necessary to eliminate foods such as collards and kale.

The two women I have been communicating with, both of which healed their candida through 80/10/10 and are not self-diagnosed, suggested to cut out the overts for up to a month. I do not intend to maintain this in the long-term. It seems fats need to be treated as sugars in the traditional candida diet. I do hope to find a nice balance to maintain afterwards.

As to the suggestion of juice fasting, I will admit that I am intimidated by the idea of doing so on my own. I have recently gained back weight after hitting an unhealthy low, to the point where I was losing my hair and my period. This isn't something that I'm ready to experiment with on my own. I also lack a quality juicer (and the funds to obtain one).

I am open to, and appreciative of, all comments here. Though I am having some uncertainty specifically when it comes to adequate caloric intake. Am I to follow the RDA for my height/weight/gender?

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: December 28, 2014 05:13PM

If you can manage the sugars you'll be gold but that is not that easy. Not all fruits are the same. Some will give you sugar spikes while others won't. Sugar spikes will for example make you more "agressive" since you will have long periods of low sugar levels in the blood (neurons and red blood cells only work with glucose). Low blood sugar in turn rises triglycerides (body emergency compensation) and homocysteine. Intermittent fasting can help here a little. There are some fruits that are way better than others. For example:

blueberries: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Cherries: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Cooked HCLF diets make it easier to manage sugars. For example, potatoes have resistance starches (low sugar spikes) and beans also help to slow the absorption of sugars. Thus you have more options in that important respect and diets like McDougall, China Study, Esselstyn, etc. are very popular and effective. Fats also help somehow in the sugar spike but introducing some negative effects. Not all fats are the same. Avoid oils (a non natural human product). I belief that if people learn about the importance of sugar regulation and its powerful health effect, they could make a diet like 801010 work.

BTW, this is the (free) book that inspired 801010: [www.soilandhealth.org]

Date: December 28, 2014 05:26PM

I'm guessing these "best" fruits would be low to moderate glycemic? Also, am I to take it that other fruits are to be eaten in moderation?

I am actually considering a high-raw diet in the long-term -- steamed vegetables, cooked millet, bean soups. Everything simple, no baking or frying. Whole, organic, vegan. This is definitely more sustainable in regards to mental health for me, as well -- I do not do well with perfectionism, especially in reguards to diet.

Date: December 28, 2014 06:50PM

Manta91 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm guessing these "best" fruits would be low to
> moderate glycemic? Also, am I to take it that
> other fruits are to be eaten in moderation?

Not exactly. Blueberries will lower the sugar load of high glycemic foods on the same meal. Blueberries work by chemicallly changing the permeability of the gut. So, if you add some blueberries to a high sugar fruit smoothie for example, you make it very sugar healthy (slower absorption). Thus, you can achieve a healthy high caloric raw diet with this method. It is better to spread blueberries through the day than having a blueberry bomb once a day. This is just one of the effects of bluberries. There are many more.

Othe fruits you should consider are:

grapefruits
persimmons
any other berrires

Date: December 28, 2014 07:36PM

Good to know. I adore fresh berries and grapefruit, and will be sure to try them with my salads and smoothies. Shame about the cherries -- they are delicious, but I am allergic to all stone fruits.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 28, 2014 08:41PM

Manta91 Wrote:
> >
> I am open to, and appreciative of, all comments
> here. Though I am having some uncertainty
> specifically when it comes to adequate caloric
> intake. Am I to follow the RDA for my
> height/weight/gender?

I think you're already doing a great job Manta!

IMO, the calories you need per day really depends on so many variables. Weighing yourself regularly on an accurate digital scale combined with the information you're already recording, plus a record of daily exercise should help you determine how much to eat and also how much of what to eat. You may find it's simpler and more reliable to get an idea of optimal quantities from food groups - balanced against regular exercise - rather than to count calories.

(Of course, exercise is so important.)

Most people experiment with their diets to a certain extent. I think it's good you have a range of professional back-up. Good job all around!

Date: December 28, 2014 09:21PM

apple skins (the skin has all the good stuff)

how berries improve sugar loads: [nutritionfacts.org]

If you have people drink a glass of water with three tablespoons of table sugar in it, which is like a can of soda, this is the big spike in blood sugar you get within the first hour. Our body freaks out and releases so much insulin we actually overshoot, and by the second hour we’re relatively hypoglycemic, dropping our blood sugar below where they were when we started out fasting. In response, our body dumps fat into our blood stream as if we’re starving, because our blood sugars just dropped so suddenly.

What if you eat blended berries in addition to the sugar? They have sugars of their own in them, in fact an additional tablespoon of sugar worth, so the blood sugar spike should be worse, right? No, not only no additional blood sugar spike, here’s the critical part, no hypoglycemic dip afterwards. Blood sugar just went up and down without that overshoot, and without the surge of fat into the blood.

This difference may be attributed to the semisolid consistency of the berry meals, which may have decreased the rate of stomach emptying compared with just guzzling sugar water. In addition, the soluble fiber in the berries has a gelling effect in our intestines that slows the release of sugars. To test to see if it was the fiber, they repeated the experiment with berry juice that had all the sugar but none of the fiber. As you can see, a clear difference was observed early on in the blood sugar insulin responses. At the 15 minute mark, the blood sugar spike was significantly reduced by the berry meals but not by the juices, but the rest of the beneficial responses were almost the same between the juice and the whole fruit, suggesting that fiber may just be part of it. It turns out there are fruit phytonutrients that inhibit the transportation of sugars through the intestinal wall into our blood stream. Phytonutrients in foods like apples and strawberries can block some of the uptake of sugars by the cells lining our intestines.

Adding berries can actually blunt the insulin spike from high glycemic foods. Here’s what white bread does to our insulin levels within 2 hours after eating it. Eat that same white bread with some berries, though and you’re able to blunt the spike. So even though you’ve effectively added more sugars, in the form of berries, there’s less of an insulin spike, which has a variety of potential short and long-term benefits. So if you’re going to make pancakes, make sure they’re blueberry pancakes.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2014 09:23PM by Panchito.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: December 28, 2014 11:21PM

Just focus on fresh fruits, smoothies, some major glorified salads, nuts and seeds to taste and maybe always keep your house warm dehydrating things like crackers out of banana/flax or onion/flax. Learn sprouting.

I find just focusing on the simple things leaves room to do other things like come on here and chit chat. When I look at labels and rda and calories and numbers, algebra, fractals of math....I get so lost. I feel like maybe I was not cut out to be a biologist. I am just a normal girl who loves literature. I know about feelings.

You will be fine. I promise. Make sure you keep hydrated and do not starve yourself or purposely overeat.

Unless you want to go exploring.
If you want to master this mystery, please go ahead. Tell us what you learn.

My target always was to feel pleasure and feel beauty.

I forgot what high carb raw means. I thought that was just a trendy thing of the 2000's. A subculture of the dial 811 crew. That means high fruit right, why not just say fruitarian.

Calories. What is a calorie? Can someone show me a photo. Not just some definition rehashed in a chemistry book, but your experience with calories...what do they look like? what the hell is it? I am trying to envision it in a poetic sense. A calorie is a burst of light? They re trapped inside of all foods, and they give us energy? And there is a machine that counts how many in each banana? What are they counting?

And what if this is all made up from the 1950's.

I think raw vegan diet is superior and you don't have to add up calories unless you want to go exploring. I went and explored 811. Its not raw friendly to me. I did explore a fruitarian diet. That was awesome. Wish I could do it all again. Total fantasy blissful reality.

When I was on 811, I used to plan out my meals and counted out the calories and divide them in these tupperware boxes for the day, and drink blenderfulls of fruit. and I would time myself when I ate the boxes of food.. and I spent all my time in Equinox gym, sometimes four classes in a row. I felt like a piece of meat .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2014 11:34PM by coconutcream.

Posted by: guest1 ()
Date: December 28, 2014 11:40PM

I think there is great beauty in meeting all of your body's food needs. If you read the books available at the National Academies Press, they tell a beautiful story of how the RDAs were developed. It was a long, hard, thorny, and difficult road, full of countless researchers who devoted the best years of their lives in search of a way to make people healthier.

Sometimes they go down the wrong path but with time the path gets narrower and straighter.

I do not believe that our bodies always tell us what is best for us.

I am glad that we have science to guide us better.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: December 29, 2014 01:37AM

Yes do you think science has lost its way?

I do not believe in Climate change by people or that flouride and vaccines are safe.
or even the germ theory really. I don't think using leeches or chemotherapy is sane at all. And pasteur on his deathbed said he was wrong. All these things I learn and I doubt more and more. I had professors in university telling me so many things were medical scams. Hard to believe anything, even youtube.

Back in the early 1900's just having an eggs benedict was considered high healthy living to communists who came over from Russia where you got killed if you hoarded a hot potato.. Now its raw veganism that is high living.

Raw veganism is a product of capitalism. The ability to go to the store and buy exotic fruits ripe year round. In the real world, that stuff hard to come by and unless you farmed the land, you starved. And for the winters you have to eat dried fruits and veggies, would you survive without electricity to use your vitamix?

What do you think?

The ability to eat anything in the world at any given time. That's us.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2014 01:41AM by coconutcream.

Date: December 29, 2014 02:01AM

I would not say science has lost its way, but I will say that there is a lot of corruption in the health field. In academia, it is publish or perish.

If you receive funding from a lobbyist or some drug company, you have to write a paper showing that the thing they try to promote works if you wish to continue to receive funding.

There researchers who have the luxury of doing something real and true and have the money for it are getting rarer.

I believe in climate change. Our way of life is destroying the biosphere and upsetting many delicate balances.

They still use leeches. That is something that works. About chemo, I would choose against it for myself. I saw what it did to my mother--no thanks. I think many oncologists feel the same way. But they make a lot of money doing it to other people.

I don't have a vitamix and with each successive year I am less able to buy produce that is not seasonal or local. I can get a lot of greens though, year round, locally. I still have electricity but I cut back more and more every year. My next refrigerator will be half sized and twice as efficient.

For a brief period of time I was able to buy the kinds of plants I wanted year round. But not so much anymore. I have to watch my budget now.

And I don't want to live for a long time. I just want to be healthy for as long as I can. I will run out of funds long before I get to the decades when I am decrepit and must be led around, dressed, bathed, fed, etc.

Everything is so degenerate now! The rich get richer and everyone else gets poorer. If you can still get watermelon year round you are very blessed. I have had the most horrible craving for it these days.

Date: December 29, 2014 05:18PM

coconutcream Wrote:
> Just focus on fresh fruits, smoothies, some major
> glorified salads, nuts and seeds to taste and
> maybe always keep your house warm dehydrating
> things like crackers out of banana/flax or
> onion/flax. Learn sprouting.
>
> I find just focusing on the simple things leaves
> room to do other things like come on here and chit
> chat. When I look at labels and rda and calories
> and numbers, algebra, fractals of math....I get so
> lost. I feel like maybe I was not cut out to be a
> biologist. I am just a normal girl who loves
> literature. I know about feelings.
>
> You will be fine. I promise. Make sure you keep
> hydrated and do not starve yourself or purposely
> overeat.

This is pretty much the plan. I will say that so far I'm enjoying the simplicity of both taste and preparation when it comes to this way of eating. It's funny, actually. Over the last couple of months I was already starting to crave simpler meals - just a little lemon juice and sea salt. Maybe a sprinkle of cumin or cinnamon on my food, sometimes. I am finding myself less tolerant of garlic, when I grew up loving it. It makes me nauseous now.

I will admit to my love of flax crackers, though. That and sprouted buckwheat cereal will still be a part of my diet -- I still love some crunch. I also used to love to bake bread with my grandmother and it is so wonderful to still be able to fill my apartment with such comforting smells. Now I'm teaching her to make green smoothies. The next time I come to visit, I'll be bringing mangos for her to try. She is 81-years-old and has never had one. smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2014 05:21PM by Manta91.

Date: December 30, 2014 02:08PM

I don't believe there is anything magical about achieving a particular macronutrient ratio.

I do believe that there is something to be said for limiting excess fats. I am not convinced that there is a need to seek many fat sources far beyond one's requirements. Even relatively unprocessed monounsaturated fats are atherogenic.

On a diet that limits fats deliberately, there are not many calorie sources. Wild howler monkeys eat mostly figs but they are not the same modern cultivars.

So what to do? I'd use the cron-o-meter to make sure I was meeting my RDAs. I'd also supplement for B12 and possibly D if there is not enough sunshine.

Many of the low-fat proponents are suggesting very high activity levels in order to eat enough food to meet those RDAs. That is probably a very important factor as to why some people can be successful on such a diet and others can't. If they aren't getting enough calories, they will have problems in the long run and abandon this approach. But they have to be very very active to take in as many calories as they need.

It's a lot easier to get more calories from fat. But then one risks tipping the balance of omega3yawning smileymega6 towards an unhealthy one when the diet is high in avocadoes, olives, coconut, nuts, and seeds. One also takes in more exogenous AGEs in a high fat diet, even if those fats are raw.

I tend to eat more greens and non-sweet fruit than 80-10-10 and less fat than the high fat proponents.

I can't say which is best. I don't think that anyone can. We don't have accurate measures for these things.

I think the main thing is to eat as many calories from fresh unprocessed f+v as one can without developing deficiencies in the long term.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: December 30, 2014 02:47PM

" One also takes in more exogenous AGEs in a high fat diet, even if those fats are raw."

Belief stated as fact.

For those who weigh their food and keep track of their intake on chronometer, etc., it's very easy to balance Omega 3's with 6's while in a high fat raw vegan diet on a daily tally basis.

VERY easy. Flax seeds for the win - every time.

Date: December 30, 2014 03:16PM

SueZ Wrote:
> " One also takes in more exogenous AGEs in a high
> fat diet, even if those fats are raw."
>
>
> Belief stated as fact.
>

Fact stated as fact:
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Date: December 30, 2014 03:23PM

SueZ Wrote:
> For those who weigh their food and keep track of
> their intake on chronometer, etc., it's very easy
> to balance Omega 3's with 6's while in a high fat
> raw vegan diet on a daily tally basis.
>
> VERY easy. Flax seeds for the win - every time.

So you are saying this: if you eat a high fat diet,
you will probably have to add more of a fat that is
not particularly tasty or easy to find at high levels
in natural sources just so that you can get a good
balance because so many of the fats that you are
inclined to eat are not balanced.

I used to do that, too. But it seemed so contrived.

It's a lot like the calcium problem in SAD. The diet is
junk, the net calcium is negative, so the experts
say just keep adding calcium until the balance is good.
This is why the US RDA for calcium is much much higher
than that of Japan's.

Now I eat my greens and my walnuts and keep a lid on
everything else fatty.

Date: December 30, 2014 03:40PM

guest1 Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > " One also takes in more exogenous AGEs in a
> high
> > fat diet, even if those fats are raw."
> >
> >
> > Belief stated as fact.
> >
>
> Fact stated as fact:
> [www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
> 4/table/T1/

Lol, I've seen the whole bag of panchito tricks. Is that the best you can do?

Baited the hook but couldn't reel it in. Done.

Date: December 30, 2014 04:10PM

SueZ Wrote:

> Lol, I've seen the whole bag of panchito tricks.
> Is that the best you can do?
>
> Baited the hook but couldn't reel it in. Done.

I have no idea what this means but I do understand
that there is malice in it.

Date: December 30, 2014 04:26PM

guest1 Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
>
> > Lol, I've seen the whole bag of panchito
> tricks.
> > Is that the best you can do?
> >
> > Baited the hook but couldn't reel it in. Done.
>
> I have no idea what this means but I do
> understand
> that there is malice in it.

Oh great another raw vegan seeing malice everywhere without understanding what was read. Just what this movement needs.

Forget it and move on. That is what I am going to do. Or don't, I don't care because I haven't seen a shred of evidence that points to my very high fat raw vegan diet having anything but good results. My lipid panel is FAR better than it was when I was on a hclf diet so the huge line of raw vegan deniers here don't phase me at all. I love being on the Conductivity Diet and my lab work confirms why I should.

Date: December 30, 2014 05:00PM

guest1 wrote:

<<<I have no idea what this means but I do understand that there is malice in it.>>>

SueZ aka ZeuS wrote:

<<<Oh great another raw vegan seeing malice everywhere>>>

Lois wrote:

SueZ has insulted almost everyone on the board at one time or another this year -

A partial list of the victims -

UtopianLife
banana who
LaVeronique
Panchito
Fresh
NuNativis
TSM
CommonSenseRaw
RawPracticalist
Bryan

There are others.

That's practically everyone who posts on the board.

Once again, ZeuS is very PREDICTABLE!!!

Date: December 30, 2014 05:26PM

Oh brother....

Date: December 30, 2014 06:28PM

SueZ aka ZeuS wrote:

<<<Oh brother....>>>

[www.youtube.com]
Defense Against the Psychopath (Full length Version)
37:37 Minute Video

JR’s Notes:

0:15 MM

Part One

Psychopathy infects the whole Spectrum of Humanity irrespective of Race, Culture, Geography, Economic Class or Personality type. It is distributed in a population in the similar way that left-handedness is. One would Not notice a person is left-handed until you see him write or catch a ball. Similarly, one may Not notice a Psychopath until you see him do something that requires them to have a conscious.

Most people think of a Psychopath as a rare creature found only in the lowest levels of Society. However, the reverse is true. They are Not Rare, but actually quite common and you are more likely to find Psychopaths in the board room than on the wrong side of the tracks. The reason is the more competitive a particular environment is, the more ruthless the use of the Cheating Strategy becomes. Within the highest circles of Power and Wealth, a Lack of Pity and Remorse is practically a prerequisite to success and only the Psychopathic Mentality can thrive.

Because of the tremendous destruction Psychopaths reap on Society, it is vital for everyone to be aware of their existence and to recognize their Behavior Traits. Understanding them is the first Step to defending against them.

Key Characteristics

1) Lack of Empathy

Empathy is the Ability to Experience within oneself the Feelings and Emotions expressed by others. It is what allows us to Feel what others are feeling. It is why we are inspired by works of art, music and poetry. Empathy allows us to Experience the grandeurs of life, to be truly alive, and is one of the defining characteristics of what makes us Human.

Psychopaths have No Empathy and, as a result, they are neither truly Human nor truly alive. When they see Normals admiring a piece of art or playing with their children or caring for a pet or any number of Human Emotional Interactions, they cannot understand what all of the fuss is all about. Psychopaths realize at an early age that they are different and that they should Act as everyone else does in order to be accepted into Society. They learn to mimic what they see others do, but they can never understand why they should Act this way. Although they are consummate Actors, careful observation will reveal telltale cracks in their façade. They know enough to fake concern when someone is Sick or to pretend Happiness when some good fortune befalls a friend, but in Situations where the Psychopath has no pre-rehearsed Act, their adlib often reveals a stunning Lack of Empathy.

For example, if attending a funeral, a Psychopath would correctly mimic the same expressions of sadness as the other mourners, but then makes sexual advances towards the grieving widow clueless to the gross inappropriateness of such an action. People with Empathy would instinctively understand such Behavior as inappropriate, however, the Psychopath cannot.

2) Lack of Remorse

Remorse is an Emotional Expression of personal regret felt by a person after he or she has committed an Act which they deem as shameful, hurtful or violent. This very definition precludes a Psychopath from experiencing such a Feeling. With No Empathy, there can be No Emotional Expression. Nor can a Psychopath Feel Shame nor comprehend that anything they do can be harmful to others. Psychopaths understand when people are Angry with them for their Behavior and as a last resort, they may pretend they are sorry. But unlike most people, they are not the least bit disturbed by feelings of Guilt.

Remorse is a Powerful Negative Emotional that causes turmoil in those that Feel it. Turmoil that often results in self-destructive or self-deprecating Behaviors. The Psychopath may pretend Remorse, but their real Behavior has Not changed. They still go shopping. They still go to parties. They have no problems sleeping at night.

…

9) Anti-Social Behavior

The very essence of the Psychopath is Anti-Social. Their Lack of Empathy for other people extends on to Society and the Environment. Vandalism, Pollution, Graffiti, Animal Abuse and Environmental Destruction, Building Code Violations, Reckless Driving and a host of Morally and Socially unacceptable Activities are of no concern to the Psychopath.

These then are the basic Characteristics that Psychopaths exhibit.

1) Lack of Empathy
2) Lack of Remorse
3) Superficiality
4) Grandiosity
5) Irresponsibility
6) Impulsive Behavior
7) Compulsive Lying
8) Manipulative
9) Anti-Social Behavior

Bear in mind that few Psychopaths will express all of the Characteristics and that non-Psychopaths can have many of these Characteristics as well.

10:30 MM

Part Two

…

Part Three

The Psychopath’s Modus Operandi

One weakness Psychopaths have is that once one studies them and begins to understand them, they become predictable. While tactics vary from one to another, most Psychopaths follow a similar Strategy when Conning either an Individual or an Organization.

…
[www.youtube.com]

Once again, ZeuS is very PREDICTABLE!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2014 06:30PM by John Rose.

Date: December 30, 2014 07:11PM

John, this is totally off topic and maybe inappropriate but I hope you do not mind my saying that you are very handsome!

Date: January 12, 2015 08:51PM

(Boy did this take a turn since I've last checked the boards...)

(COUGH)

Well, anyway, I thought it would be worth updating my current status. After a flare-up on the high-fat diet I decided to give my modified take on the fruit-based diet a go and I am floored. Ate a lot of pseudograin during the holidays, plain, as it is hard to maintain the ideal while visiting family. Once I got home, though, and stuck with fruits, greens, and the occasional dinner of steamed vegetables my symptoms cleared up in a matter of days. It usually takes about three months to fully get over the itching and pain, and after about three or four days of stuffing my face with fruit it is gone. Still not fully over the yuckiness of the flare, but that too is diminishing and in a reasonable amount of time. But to be over the discomfort of it is such a relief and I cannot wait to share this with others dealing with candida.

That's not to say that my candida is gone. I had a bowl of brown rice while dining out with a friend, just to test the waters a bit, and it made me flare again. Recovery definitely comes quicker, but it seems clear that cooked grains/starches work differently with the body than fresh fruit. I may try after a few weeks with some cooked millet and sprouted buckwheat, however, as these are prebiotic and were tolerated fairly well on my old diet. While I don't intend to blatantly "cheat", I am a little more eager to experiment merely because I'm able to get over reactions so quickly. With the exception of some sprouted lentils and steamed broccoli, I will do my best to stick with the fresh fruits and greens for at least a month or so.

Anyway, all good. The only thing that's gotten worse is a couple weeks now of acne (unsual) and headaches (common, but worse). Could be stress, going off my antidepressants, "detox", who knows.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables