Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

do fruitarian women have less cellulite?
Posted by: guest1 ()
Date: December 30, 2014 07:36PM

Dr. Greger has on his site a video that suggests a link between the polyamines spermine and spermidine and cellulite.

There is a partial database of the spermine and spermidine contents of foods in this (free) paper:
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

And it seems to me that fruits are lower in these polyamines than vegetables (except for Mango, maybe). Legumes are fairly high in them.

This suggests to me that Fruitarian women have less cellulite than vegans who consume lots of vegetables and legumes such as myself.

I don't have much of it but I would like to get rid of what little I have.

Adiponectin may be protective and anti-cellulite and is stated to have increased expression in vegetarians. But Fontana (2007) found adiponectin concentrations were not significantly increased in raw food vegans compared to people on other diets.

So maybe this is too preliminary but I am going to put it to the test.

Here are Gerger's sources.

B. Vogelgesang, I. Bonnet, N. Godard, B. Sohm, E. Perrier. In vitro and in vivo efficacy of sulfo-carrabiose, a sugar-based cosmetic ingredient with anti-cellulite properties. Int J Cosmet Sci 2011 33(2):120 - 125

C. Zoumas-Morse, C. L. Rock, E. L. Quintana, M. L. Neuhouser, E. W. Gerner, F. L. Meyskens Jr. Development of a polyamine database for assessing dietary intake. J Am Diet Assoc 2007 107(6):1024 - 1027

A. J. Vargas, B. C. Wertheim, E. W. Gerner, C. A. Thomson, C. L. Rock, P. A. Thompson. Dietary polyamine intake and risk of colorectal adenomatous polyps. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2012 96(1):133 - 141

H. Kahleova, M. Matoulek, H. Malinska, O. Oliyarnik, L. Kazdova, T. Neskudla, A. Skoch, M. Hajek, M. Hill, M. Kahle, T. Pelikanova. Vegetarian diet improves insulin resistance and oxidative stress markers more than conventional diet in subjects with Type 2 diabetes. Diabet. Med. 2011 28(5):549 - 559

F. Terranova, E. Berardesca, H. Maibach. Cellulite: Nature and aetiopathogenesis. Int J Cosmet Sci 2006 28(3):157 - 167

E. Emanuele, P. Minoretti, K. Altabas, E. Gaeta, V. Altabas. Adiponectin expression in subcutaneous adipose tissue is reduced in women with cellulite. Int. J. Dermatol. 2011 50(4):412 - 416

K. Esposito, F. Nappo, F. Giugliano, C. Di Palo, M. Ciotola, M. Barbieri, G. Paolisso, D. Giugliano. Meal modulation of circulating interleukin 18 and adiponectin concentrations in healthy subjects and in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2003 78(6):1135 - 1140

D. Rubin, U. Helwig, M. Nothnagel, N. Lemke, S. Schreiber, U.R. Fölsch, F. Döring, J. Schrezenmeir. Postprandial plasma adiponectin decreases after glucose and high fat meal and is independently associated with postprandial triacylglycerols but not with -- 11388 promoter polymorphism. Br J Nutr. 2008 Jan;99(1):76-82. Epub 2007 Jul 30.

---------------------------------

Here is the Fontana source on raw vegans:

Fontana L, Meyer TE, Klein S, Holloszy JO., Long-term low-calorie low-protein vegan diet and endurance exercise are associated with low cardiometabolic risk.
Rejuvenation Res. 2007 Jun;10(2):225-34.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: do fruitarian women have less cellulite?
Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: December 30, 2014 07:51PM

guest1 welcome to the forum.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: December 30, 2014 09:31PM

This wouldn't shock me, but more because legumes usually need to be cooked to be palatable, usually cooked with fat and salt, which I think are attributed to cellulite in my experience.

Posted by: jenifercolt ()
Date: May 09, 2015 08:36AM

I don't have any idea with it but my sister told me about one of the device which is very much helpful to reduce cellulite.Appareil Cellulite

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: May 10, 2015 07:22AM

It sounds like common sense, no?

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: May 10, 2015 01:28PM

it could be related to skin water retention problems. Look into pygnogenol. A raw food that contains pygnogenol is grape seeds (whole grapes) but nowadays some supermarkets sell only seedless grapes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables