Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: December 24, 2006 11:40PM

"I did phase 1 for three months, I was overweight and moody and everyone at the tree of life always was arguing and fighting"

I get moody when I do not get enough sweet fruit too.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pikt ()
Date: December 30, 2006 02:14AM

i am not as educated in RAW as most on this site,but i read most of the posts on this thread and here seems to be the best advice:
listen to your body,not to a book.no book and no diet will ever be perfectly tailored for your body unless you write the book yourself and you make the diet your own. best of luck.trust yourself.

Posted by: bodybyblis ()
Date: December 31, 2006 01:02AM

I have to disagree with arguments against GC's Rainbow Diet - my clients do extremely well with it. & I have been trained at HHI, where I watched most people, UNLESS THEY WERE SEVERELY TOXIC, move through Phase 1 just fine. I myself had wondrous results when I first did it, with slight detox reactions. But then, I do it every year, so my level of toxicity is rather low. Some detox is expected always - otherwise the body is not doing what it is supposed to.

Life is not one birthday party after another, and neither is becoming healthy. You know the tough get going when the going gets tough. FORTITUDE AND COMMITMENT are everything when you are striving for well-being. Results from following Rainbow and/or HHI diets for my clients and myself have been UTTERLY ASTOUNDING. However, I would agree that each person is different and should investigate all "roads to bliss," before making a decision about which one to take.

Blissed be,

Annie

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Posted by: JGex ()
Date: December 31, 2006 01:35AM

I have a serious question... please don't think I'm being cheeky.....

How is it that someone who has been vegetarian for 15 years, and vegan for 10, raw for 7.5 months and is only 27 yrs old could STILL be detoxing?

Just trying to wrap my head around it.....

Judy

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 31, 2006 03:28AM

Frederick Patenaude explained this phenomena in "The Raw Secrets". When we embark on a healthy raw diet, once our body gets enough energy and nutrients in it, it starts a detoxification process that should take about a week or two. However, there are a lot of raw foodists who have continuous detox system, lasting several months or years. This is not because the body is detoxing toxins from the pre-raw lifestyle, but it is detoxing last night's meal. When we eat a high fat transitional raw diet, this meal has a bunch of toxins that need to be handled and detoxed.

So what are the toxins that the body is dealing with? Its everything that is put into the mouth that isn't organic whole ripe raw fresh fruits and vegetable and nuts and seeds. Note that most people don't have access to really fresh and raw nuts and seeds, but dehydrated products that have been exposed to temperatures of 160 degrees for a hours or days.

The toxins are coming from oils, dehydrated foods, condiments and spices, fermented foods, etc, etc, etc.

Even if one is eating ONLY organic whole fresh ripe raw fruits and vegetables, there is still the possibility to create toxins if we eat too much, eat complex combinations, eat when we are not hungry, eat when we are emotionally disturbed or bored. Also putting our bodies into emotional stress with anger or other negative emotions can create toxins in our bodies.

Practicing habits that take away our health, like not getting enough sleep or rest, enough exercise, enough fresh air and sunshine, being stressed or emotionally disturbed, these all take away from our bodies ability to detox itself each night .

Posted by: uma ()
Date: December 31, 2006 06:27AM

bodybyblis wrote: "I have to disagree with arguments against GC's Rainbow Diet - my clients do extremely well with it. & I have been trained at HHI, where I watched most people, UNLESS THEY WERE SEVERELY TOXIC, move through Phase 1 just fine."

This is a red flag for me: something works OK unless someone is _actually really sick_? I have wondered if that's because less toxic folks can handle suboptimal programs. It didn't work for me and I was quite toxic. Gabriel told me I was at the "pre-cancerous" toxicity level (and I was adding to this toxicity level with all the supplements I was taking). Strangely enough, I also heard he is not willing to take on actual cancer patients. Why is this? Hmm....

Posted by: JGex ()
Date: December 31, 2006 02:32PM

Thanks for such a thorough reply, Bryan. That makes so much sense. I've been wanting to read that book by Patenaude... guess that will be the next on my list.

So much to leaarn.... ;o)

Judy

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: January 01, 2007 05:24PM

JGex Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How is it that someone who has been vegetarian for
> 15 years, and vegan for 10, raw for 7.5 months and
> is only 27 yrs old could STILL be detoxing?

Whether what Bryan says is true or not, we also are constantly exposed to toxins from polution, from toxins in our houses like from paint, maybe from what we eat and drink out of, from our water supply, etc.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 02, 2007 11:50PM

I agree FR and from probably eating fruits that has gone thru xrays, smokers, cars, YOUR MATTRESS chemicals, etc etc

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 03, 2007 01:49AM

>I also heard he is not willing to take on actual cancer patients. Why is this? Hmm....

Cousens has been sued for malpractice, for making some poor choices with a cancer patient, who did die.

With this professional trauma in his career, choosing not to treat additional patients with cancer is prudent, for him, at least I think so.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: January 03, 2007 04:27PM

ALL doctors get sued for malpractice. All the time.

Has Dr. Cousens only been sued once?

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables