Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Feature on fruitarians- can you help?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 21, 2006 04:10PM

Hi

My name’s Carina and I’m a freelance journalist. I hope you don’t mind me posting this on your forum but I’m writing a feature for a women’s magazine on people who follow a fruitarian diet. The feature will be a straight forward and informative piece. I’m looking for people who’d be happy to have a chat to me about themselves- what made you decide to become a fruitarian, a brief outline of your daily diet and how you fit it into your lifestyle etc. Please let me know if you’d be happy to help me out by contacting me at this address (carina_platt@hotmail.com)

Thanks for your help!

Carina Platt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Feature on fruitarians- can you help?
Posted by: tropical ()
Date: December 21, 2006 05:00PM

Sorry, can't help you, I don't consider myself a fruitarian, and it's nothing I aspire to. I was wondering if you are going to give the diet a test drive? I think the biggest difference you will find is that you don't eat three meals a day, you need to graze all day. It can be quite discouraging to try this diet if you expect to eat just three times a day, because you will always feel hungry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2006 05:05PM by tropical.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: December 21, 2006 07:04PM

tropical Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry, can't help you, I don't consider myself a
> fruitarian, and it's nothing I aspire to. I was
> wondering if you are going to give the diet a test
> drive? I think the biggest difference you will
> find is that you don't eat three meals a day, you
> need to graze all day. It can be quite
> discouraging to try this diet if you expect to eat
> just three times a day, because you will always
> feel hungry.

What?? Speak for yourself, fruit makes me feel full. And I never feel "hungry" - not that "food emergency" type of hunger I used to get with cooked food - it's a much more mild sensation - more like "you should probably think about eating something" - but I can easily go for a couple more hours w/o eating at that point. Plus I think most Americans snack all day anyway. Based on my own experience I would say the key is to get your blood pH to an optimum level first by ingesting all the minerals the body is lacking (greens) - then you can proceed to fruit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2006 07:12PM by sunshine79.

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: December 21, 2006 08:14PM

Lot's of times people will try out the diets that they write about and when you go from SAD (which is what I assume this writer is eating) and having food siting in your stomach for 4 hours digesting after you eat, to eating raw and having the food there for maybe an hour or less, you do get hungry and miserable. You start wondering what it is that you are doing wrong, it takes a while to get into the habit of grabbing small meals here and there. I just wanted to point that out.

I think some greens would be an excellent way to start out on raw (but she wants to do fruitarian). Of course they don't have the calories to maintain this lifstyle but lots of people starting on raw want to loose weight anyway.

Lemons and watermellon are more alkalizing than greens and, in the charts, greens are surounded by fruit so I'm not seeing the alkalizing part, but I love dark greens for the clorophyll and calcium. Lemons may be full of minerals but you can't get clorophyll from lemons!

[www.rense.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2006 08:27PM by tropical.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 21, 2006 10:24PM

Carina, how much are you willing to pay people for their time? Are you writing this article for free?

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: December 21, 2006 10:32PM

tropical Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> [www.rense.com]

Interesting website. Very enjoyable info on blood pH and its role in disease.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: December 21, 2006 11:41PM

Is a payment with fruit an option?

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Mangolover ()
Date: December 31, 2006 12:29PM

Hi everyone , I'm new to this forum :-)

I have to agree with Sunshine79, high fruit is soo filling and satisfying! So far I'm loving the 80-10-10 approach! Fruit just makes my heart sing..

Ciao

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables