Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

LOOK AT MY FRIGGIN RAW SANDWICH I HAD TODAY
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 09, 2015 05:44AM

I only ate a third, my buddies ate the rest

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: LOOK AT MY FRIGGIN RAW SANDWICH I HAD TODAY
Posted by: Raw4ever ()
Date: January 09, 2015 06:10AM

Nice.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: January 09, 2015 06:22AM

Where do you get 100 percent raw coconut water in a bottle?

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: January 09, 2015 06:30AM

I don't think Harmless Harvest is truly raw, I believe it is heat-treated at some point, killing the enzymes.

Date: January 09, 2015 06:41AM

I saw similar bottle claimed to be raw coconut water at Costco.
But after further research I realized it was not really raw.
They cannot keep it raw unless they freeze it so we are stuck with using plain raw coconut to get the water.

Date: January 10, 2015 03:40AM

Bwahahahaha

THEY LIED!!!!

I know thai coco juice, and it tastes fresh, Also, it slowly turns purple. I thought it was. You can keep that stuff for a week raw no?
When I worked at Glaser Farms in the office, I used to buy raw thai coco juice and it kept for a week. When it goes bad it turns purple..I seen the strong mexican boys with machetes fill them up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2015 03:43AM by coconutcream.

Posted by: tezcal ()
Date: January 10, 2015 06:55PM

The harmless harvest stuff goes bad very quickly. We were having trouble at whole foods because the grocery guys weren't stocking it fast enough off the truck, or refrigerating it quickly enough. Whole boxes were spoiling. I think they use pressure instead of pasteurization? Or something. Either way its definitely the tastiest when compared to the can stuff.

Date: January 11, 2015 10:40AM

I am so pissed people calling pasteurized stuff raw. I hope not because I just found out about this brand and was so excited about it, I got at the raw vegan restaurant.

BUT THEN AGAIN, Rooibois tea is not raw but raw vegans drink it like crazy. Raw Vegans everywhere get together and make cooked cashew
"raw" pie..its the rabbit hole. I do not want to tweek out too much.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2015 10:43AM by coconutcream.

Date: January 11, 2015 01:55PM

In today world,
It is impossible to be 100 percent raw.
It is impossible to be 100 percent vegan.
Unless you do not eat.
We should not feel bad about it.
It is the effort not the goal that counts most.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 11, 2015 02:13PM

I agree.

I am very skeptical about any packaged food claiming to be raw. It is mostly marketing mishmash, highly overpriced, and preying on vulnerable people.

I try to get most of my calories from fresh produce. It's a luxury--my last one.

Posted by: rawne ()
Date: January 13, 2015 04:18PM

Coconut Cream, what does the sandwich consist of? It looks delicious.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: January 13, 2015 11:43PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In today world,
> It is impossible to be 100 percent raw.

Difficult maybe, I would agree. But certainly not "impossible". Beyond learning how to be satisfied on 100 percent raw (which can take many years of trial and error, plus some reading and an open mind), there are a few items like Brazil nuts, cashews, and almonds that can be ordered special or avoided. Additionally, I think arugula's suspicion of packaged foods (especially mixes, bars, processed foods, etc.) is justified, since "Raw" is now a marketing tool.

Of course, if we're stuck with unreasonable restrictions applied to perfectly healthy whole raw vegan foods, then we may never be satisfied with a fully raw diet, and maybe that's how it should be.

On the other hand, those who are presently not 100% raw might consider that for some, the 100% mark may be more crucial for their well-being than for others, and this can provide greater incentive to learn and eventually succeed.

> It is impossible to be 100 percent vegan.

If being "vegan" includes nondietary items like shoes, tires, cosmetics, etc. this could be true.

If we're talking "vegan" as in diet only, it's absolutely very simple to be 100% vegan always.

> We should not feel bad about it.

If a person chooses not to be 100% raw, then yes, absolutely, there's nothing to feel bad about. Even if a person prefers to be 100% raw and is not, there's still nothing to feel bad about. I absolutely agree.

As for feeling bad about not being vegan; IMO, only a vegan will feel bad about not being a vegan. Detours off their chosen path will soon be corrected. For anyone else, the choice again is theirs. But there is a choice. I firmly believe that everyone with sufficient resources is capable of cultivating compassion and becoming a vegan - a 100% vegan.

> It is the effort not the goal that counts most.

Not sure. Might depend on whose perspective we're talking about - the consumer or the consumed.

Posted by: Living Food ()
Date: January 14, 2015 01:52AM

suncloud: you took the words right out of my mouth!

It is certainly possible to be 100% raw. It is however very difficult to make 100% raw sustainable in the long term unless you grow the majority of your food yourself or get it very fresh.

Whether or not it's possible to be 100% vegan depends on what definition you subscribe to.

We can strive to be 100% raw, but if we fall short we shouldn't beat ourselves up about it. Peace of mind is more important than some steamed veggies. Some may be practicing an extreme diet that they are unable to thrive on, and to insist on maintaining it despite the damage it is doing to their health is definitely a greater evil than eating a little cooked food (or fat) if necessary.

Date: January 14, 2015 05:37AM

Philosophically you can be 100% raw. You can be 100% raw if you ate something that was not raw but you did not know it, that sometimes can happen. You can still be 100% raw when you can. You can be 100% raw after you had a binge, as long as you stay 100% in your mind, it will take care of you until you really can be.

Posted by: persimmoncat ()
Date: January 14, 2015 08:05AM

That looks like birdfood! Did you feed the parrot with it?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables