Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
"Dr." Brian Clement's Degrees and Alma Mater
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: January 16, 2015 12:32AM

"A Naturopathic Doctor and a licensed Nutritionist, Dr. Clements is a graduate of the University of Science, Arts, and Technology where he earned his Ph.D. and N.M.D."

(From the link below which is but one of many identical sources on the of this canned bio including his alma mater.)

[www.yelp.com]

[www.usat-edu.org]

[www.usat-edu.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Dr." Brian Clement's Degrees and Alma Mater
Date: January 16, 2015 01:07AM

Gotta love their official University signage, lol.

(It's the 10th one - not to be missed)

[www.usat-edu.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2015 01:09AM by SueZ.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: January 16, 2015 01:23AM

Looks like its a tough school!

Date: January 16, 2015 01:28AM

From the "About Us" section ...

There is a large classroom

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 16, 2015 03:32AM

that looks like a fasting retreat - university combo. You get a degree at the end winking smiley

Date: January 16, 2015 01:00PM

Check out "Dr." Brian Clement's alma mater's degree offerings at the link. (I've tried several times but I'm not allowed to post the list of them here for your convenience.)

Amazing how much higher learning activity must be going on in that one large classroom they've got going for them there, isn't it?

Why, I can smell that place from here ...

Date: January 16, 2015 02:48PM

I went to the Accrediting Agency/Mill of the "University of Science, Arts, and Technology and couldn't help but notice that "Dr. Brian Clement's higer education alma mater's address is a post office box.

Posted by: tezcal ()
Date: January 17, 2015 12:38AM

there's a dallas campus eh? time to become a real doctor and student of science!

Date: January 17, 2015 04:36PM

SueZ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gotta love their official University signage,
> lol.
>
>
> (It's the 10th one - not to be missed)
>
>
> [www.usat-edu.org]

Even my cheap ass subdivision shelled out the cash for a better sign than that tarp and rope thing they proudly exhibit on their official web site. Hey, they didn't even put the University address on the sign - "P.O. Box 506", lol. They couldn't even shell out for a toll free phone number it seems.

Did anyone else notice their sign didn't even get the name of their "accredited Medical University" right? Apparently even their accrediting mill didn't catch that error, either. They left out one of the "school's" commas, too.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 17, 2015 06:51PM

I want to see more raw motivational guru degrees. Can we start a thread on those?

Date: January 19, 2015 03:33PM

tezcal Wrote:
> there's a dallas campus eh? time to become a real
> doctor and student of science!

World famous "Dr." Einstein, professor at the world famous Einstein Institute from "Dr." Brian Clement's alma mater welcome$ you to the world famous U$AT fold ....

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 20, 2015 02:35AM

Two people revived my faith in the raw vegan diet as a long term sustainable diet, and they were Lou Corona and Brian Clement. I witnessed too many raw food blunders and health challenges over many years in many people to have faith in it long term. Unfortunately, I was only exposed to so-called the world's leading "authority" in raw food and other self-styled "experts", who were actually just lay people trying to make a living at being an authority without the proper education and experience. Because these "experts" made it sound like they were the be-all-end-all of raw food, I looked no further. But YEARS later, I stumbled upon Lou Corona and Brian Clement in the same few months. Their health astonished me for their ages.

Granted Lou's health isn't perfect. He confided in me some serious injuries and chemical exposures he has experienced. So what? He's human, and we live in a toxic world. And Brian Clement has great health for his age. SueZ pointed out his posture and that is significant. SO he isn't perfect, but I am impressed enough by his other qualities. My mentor has, so far, guided me away from some of the things that Brian Clement uses and sells. It's okay. It's okay that Brian isn't perfect. But he is overflowing with really solid good things, aside from questionable things.

I am so happy by some of Brian's books and videos. They are treasures for the health world. HHI charges a lot of money, but at least they give back to the masses, in the form of education, both on free youtube, a really good educational website and in relatively inexpensive books. The DVDS that I once paid $$$ good money for are now free on youtube.

I would personally have a vacuum in my life without Brian Clement. I cringe at some of the things he says, both on a moral level and health level. Some of the things he says shows that he still has a long road of maturing ahead of him. But the majority of the education is phenomenal and it required so much time, research and money to present that information to us. I am so thankful.

I personally learned so much from him talking to him one-on-one in person.

I am writing this post not to butt heads with anyone, because everyone is trying to navigate in this confusing raw food world, but I did want to express how I feel about Brian Clement. It would be wonderful if he was perfect and perfectly educated, but so far, I have learned so much from his long years of experience and study.

P.S., it is so interesting that Lou and Brian are about the same age and there are a few things that Lou does not consume that Brian takes regularly, and vice versa. Lou has a great spine. But Brian has even lusher hair than Lou, and Brian's brain is really sharp. Anyway, it would be nice if everyone could just share notes in a humble way and learn from each other.

P.P.S My feelings about Brian Clement are not an endorsement of HHI on a clinical level, because I have never personally gone there.

Date: January 20, 2015 02:57AM

Panchito Wrote:
> that looks like a fasting retreat - university
> combo. You get a degree at the end winking smiley

Plus a tax write off or two.

Date: January 20, 2015 03:32AM

Tai Wrote:
> Two people revived my faith in the raw vegan diet
> as a long term sustainable diet, and they were Lou
> Corona and Brian Clement. I witnessed too many
> raw food blunders and health challenges over many
> years in many people to have faith in it long
> term. Unfortunately, I was only exposed to
> so-called the world's leading "authority" in raw
> food and other self-styled "experts", who were
> actually just lay people trying to make a living
> at being an authority without the proper education
> and experience. Because these "experts" made it
> sound like they were the be-all-end-all of raw
> food, I looked no further. But YEARS later, I
> stumbled upon Lou Corona and Brian Clement in the
> same few months. Their health astonished me for
> their ages.
>
> Granted Lou's health isn't perfect. He confided
> in me some serious injuries and chemical exposures
> he has experienced. So what? He's human, and we
> live in a toxic world. And Brian Clement has
> great health for his age. SueZ pointed out his
> posture and that is significant. SO he isn't
> perfect, but I am impressed enough by his other
> qualities. My mentor has, so far, guided me away
> from some of the things that Brian Clement uses
> and sells. It's okay. It's okay that Brian isn't
> perfect. But he is overflowing with really solid
> good things, aside from questionable things.
>
> I am so happy by some of Brian's books and videos.
> They are treasures for the health world. HHI
> charges a lot of money, but at least they give
> back to the masses, in the form of education, both
> on free youtube, a really good educational website
> and in relatively inexpensive books. The DVDS
> that I once paid $$$ good money for are now free
> on youtube.
>
> I would personally have a vacuum in my life
> without Brian Clement. I cringe at some of the
> things he says, both on a moral level and health
> level. Some of the things he says shows that he
> still has a long road of maturing ahead of him.
> But the majority of the education is phenomenal
> and it required so much time, research and money
> to present that information to us. I am so
> thankful.
>
> I personally learned so much from him talking to
> him one-on-one in person.
>
> I am writing this post not to butt heads with
> anyone, because everyone is trying to navigate in
> this confusing raw food world, but I did want to
> express how I feel about Brian Clement. It would
> be wonderful if he was perfect and perfectly
> educated, but so far, I have learned so much from
> his long years of experience and study.
>
> P.S., it is so interesting that Lou and Brian are
> about the same age and there are a few things that
> Lou does not consume that Brian takes regularly,
> and vice versa. Lou has a great spine. But Brian
> has even lusher hair than Lou, and Brian's brain
> is really sharp. Anyway, it would be nice if
> everyone could just share notes in a humble way
> and learn from each other.
>
> P.P.S My feelings about Brian Clement are not an
> endorsement of HHI on a clinical level, because I
> have never personally gone there.

Beautifully said Tai. We judge the appearance of the raw leaders too much. Some people will do better on a good diet and others won't do so well, because people utilise the nutrients from food vastly different from each other due to their DNA. The same goes with exercise, some will benefit much more while others have faulty DNA which means the exercise doesn't induce various enzymatic reactions to get the full benefits from exercise.

Yes, we all have our inherent weaknesses and strengths. Brian does have a slight stoop, but so what, that doesn't mean his diet is causing this, it is obviously in his DNA. No-one is perfect. I used to have some curvature of the spine and was starting to stoop over a bit at age 16 because my family bone health reads like a nightmare, but now my spine is as straight as it's ever going to get...it is much improved on the raw diet, and my posture is good and l feel strong enough to stand up errect. My much improved posture due to extra energy has seemed to have straighted my back, and l am certainly no teenager anymore. I am not sure l would still be alive if it wasn't for the raw diet...too many inherent health issues from the worst family health history.

I am amazed at how most people can live on the raw vegan diets that they do. There is NO WAY l could live on the diets that most people do. Lots of people seem to have decent DNA and seem to have lower nutritional needs, but l am the opposite.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 20, 2015 03:46AM

No need to email the university on the caribean. Save yourself the $50 for the quick degree. All you need is a printer and paper. Woala. Doctor in Nutrition, Register Dietician, what ever you like and see, is a click away.

[www.iwantadegree.co.uk]

Date: January 20, 2015 11:12AM

Tai Wrote:

> I would personally have a vacuum in my life
> without Brian Clement. I cringe at some of the
> things he says, both on a moral level and health
> level.

So what if people pretend they have degrees when they don't and use false degrees to sell their ideas, trips to their "health spas", books, and I.V. therapies' - including shooting heavy metal (silver) into the veins of sick people", etc. is pretty much the take away of your post. You are grateful for learning from the man stuff which was readily available elsewhere which you just didn't happen to run into. I completely disagree with your stance. People are getting hurt. People deserve the truth, IMO.

Date: January 20, 2015 11:14AM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> Beautifully said Tai. We judge the appearance of
> the raw leaders too much.

This is a thread about ethics not looks.

Date: January 20, 2015 11:18AM

Panchito Wrote:
> No need to email the university on the caribean.
> Save yourself the $50 for the quick degree. All
> you need is a printer and paper. Woala. Doctor in
> Nutrition, Register Dietician, what ever you like
> and see, is a click away.
>
> [www.iwantadegree.co.uk]

I have read that today one of every two PhD degrees is fake.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 20, 2015 11:53AM

That's funny.

All the jobs I've applied for have required not only a degree but also an electronic transfer from fully accredited university in addition to several creditable, verifiable references and the highest level of scrutiny regarding actual skills.

Anybody can look me up and find my papers, look up my thesis in the university library, etc.

But I am in STEM where knowledge really matters.

This nutrition/health field is full of charlatans. It seems especially rampant in the raw food world. These people have the main interest in separating desparate people from their cash. Beware.

Date: January 20, 2015 07:05PM

SueZ wrote:
So what if people pretend they have degrees when they don't and use false degrees to sell their ideas, trips to their "health spas", books, and I.V. therapies' - including shooting heavy metal (silver) into the veins of sick people", etc. is pretty much the take away of your post.

Tai:
You are misrepresenting my post. This is what I wrote above:
"P.P.S My feelings about Brian Clement are not an endorsement of HHI on a clinical level, because I have never personally gone there."

SueZ, everything I hear about the IV therapy at HHI is second hand. I have never seen it or heard Brian talk about it. Secondly, stop suggesting that I don't care abour real or false degrees. My close friend is struggling to repay his student loans from his real NMD degree from the school in Oregon (and I am still repaying my loans for my real master's degree). The fact is that I would never go to my close friend for health advice, because he doesn't have the decades of experience that Brian Clement has, degree or no degree. Regarding what you say about false degrees...all I am saying is that I have found his books and lectures to be informative and I did not listen or read his books because of any letters behind his name. I listened to Brian Clement, because he was the director at Hippocrates for many years and witnessed thousands of cases. That is the qualification that I respect. Please don't extropolate more than that.

SueZ wrote:
You are grateful for learning from the man stuff which was readily available elsewhere which you just didn't happen to run into.

Tai:
Yes, SueZ, that is exactly right.
My life was changed when I heard Brian lecture on "Supplements Exposed". and I read his book.
I was juggling between Chinese medicine and functional medicine with supplements in my practice. When I read Brian's book, I carefully analyzed all the supplements I had been taught to use within functional medicine and I saw so many synthetic ingredients. It helped me to let those supplements go and just focus on my actual profession. I have really amazing mentors in Chinese medicine and Brian's research helped me let go of the distractions of modern technology, which is constantly changing, anyway, and instead, to focus on deeper studies with my mentors.

The book, Killer Clothes, also helped me clean out my closet and be a prudent shopper. Women tend to collect too many clothes, and I was one of them. My own mother had a life changing experience reading that book, because FINALLY it made her rethink all the chemicals she uses in her laundry room.

I also like the book, Lifeforce, because it is a good book to share with others about raw food.

I share the video, Killer Fish, by Brian Clement with many people. Really good info.

All the data he has collected didn't require him to be a PhD, and if he didn't have those letters, the books would still be relevant and would still help people. All it takes is someone with the time and money and skill to collect the data together.

SueZ wrote:
I completely disagree with your stance

Tai:
What do you disagree with? That I talked to Brian in person and he helped to educate me? That his books changed my life? That his videos educated me? That I use his videos to educate people about important topics? That that information doesn't relate whatsoever to IV therapy or other licensed therapies done at HHI?

SueZ wrote:
People are getting hurt. People deserve the truth, IMO.

Tai:
Yes, I totally agree with you. Again, what I wrote above said:
"I am writing this post not to butt heads with anyone, because everyone is trying to navigate in this confusing raw food world"
I support you and KFCA digging for the TRUTH and sharing the TRUTH. I live for the TRUTH.

The fact is, I see so many alternative people commiting medical malpractice, including licensed medical doctors. Everyone has a different standard of what medical malpractice means. SOme people live up to even higher standards than just what the "book" says.

Anyway, I am not trying to comment about something I have no clue about: HHI's licensed therapies. I am just sharing my personal experience with Brian Clement's books and lectures.

P.S. regarding Arugula's comment about money, I also share a similar concern regarding spending too much money on spas. Most people I meet have a tight budget. When I hear someone tell me that they are going to a wheatgrass spa that costs over $1,000 a week, I suggest: consider spending that same money on getting 3 quarts of fresh vegetable juice per day for 30 days from an excellent organic juice bar. Why pay $1,000 for one week, when you can pay $900 for one month and stretch out the experience. ($10/quart, x 3 quarts a day x 30 days = $900). Nevertheless, the people who go to those spas want the companionship, the atmosphere, the hands-on, the classes, the guidance, etc. So, are the people who go there getting conned or do they just really want to go? What I see is that they just want to go.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2015 07:19PM by Tai.

Date: January 20, 2015 07:43PM

"You are misrepresenting my post. This is what I wrote above:
"P.P.S My feelings about Brian Clement are not an endorsement of HHI on a clinical level, because I have never personally gone there." "

What does saying you don't endorse fraudulent use of lettered degrees actually mean if you don't think these pretenders, either Clement or Morse, should remove the false degrees from their names? Absolutely nothing for all practical purposes. Nothing. So I do not agree that I have misrepresented your post at all.

If we can't depend on the real professionals with real degrees to defend their turf they might as well be endorsing those who fraudulently use them, IMO.

"SueZ, everything I hear about the IV therapy at HHI is second hand."

"Anyway, I am not trying to comment about something I have no clue about: HHI's licensed therapies. I am just sharing my personal experience with Brian Clement's books and lectures."

Tai, this from the hhi site. Now you know.

[hippocratesinst.org]

Date: January 20, 2015 09:49PM

SueZ wrote:
What does saying you don't endorse fraudulent use of lettered degrees actually mean if you don't think these pretenders, either Clement or Morse, should remove the false degrees from their names? Absolutely nothing for all practical purposes. Nothing. So I do not agree that I have misrepresented your post at all.

Tai:
First of all, I never commented whether I think they should or should not remove their letters from their name, so I don't think you should make that assumption. I have only commented on legal technicalities. I didn't comment on the ethics of using legal technicalities. I spoke up when you started calling out fraud, which has a very technical, legal definition.

I guess I am going to stop talking about what is legal and illegal because some things in society that are legal are unethical, and somethings that are illegal are ethical in certain circumstances. Like did you know it was illegal to grow even one poppy in your garden? So when I sprout poppy seed for internal use, I cannot throw the remaining seed from my sprout jar into my garden, in case they will grow.

First of all, it is not my place to comment on what they should do with their letters, as I have not investigated their schooling and I am not judge or jury in this situation. I think you have completely misrepresented my post, as I never endorsed the therapies that only licensed practitioners are allowed to perform at HHI. Yes, I did see that page before, but I never heard Brian Clement endorse those things. He was the one that inspired me to give up synthetics.

And I am the first to encourage anyone who wants to go to HHI or the Gerson Institute to instead spend the money on a long-range health plan that lasts for weeks and months, if not years, and not just for a short-stay. I always encourage people to plan a budget for a couple years, not just a couple of months. I know some acupuncturists that just love charging $75 a treatment, regardless of the person's other problems or needs. When I meet someone with limited means, I make sure they think of the important things first, like securing funds for a good juicer, blender and food processor before they give all their money away for treatments. What does it matter if someone gets better in 3 weeks at a wheatgrass clinic, but goes home and starts eating non-organic again to save money? Also, I often don't see the use of health coaching that costs $$$ when a person can spend the same money and get top notch blood and urine tests that reveal amino acids and other nutrient profiles, heavy metals, mineral and vitamin levels, and toxicity levels. WHy speculate for $$$ in someone's opinion, when you can know in real numbers?

Anyway, amidst all the bashing here, I simply gave my testimonial of his lectures and books. Please do not twist my words into anything more than that.

Date: January 20, 2015 10:07PM

Tai Wrote:

>
> Anyway, amidst all the bashing here, I simply gave
> my testimonial of his lectures and books. Please
> do not twist my words into anything more than
> that.

This is a thread on the facts and observations about "Dr." Brian Clement's degrees and alma mater. Your posts on it aren't as simple and innocent as you'd have reader's believe, IMO, because they have not once touched on the issue at hand although your words now make up the majority of the whole thread.

Date: January 20, 2015 10:19PM

Brian Clement's books are fantastic! Love `supplements exposed', `killer fish' and `killer clothes', real eye openers.

I also love `life force', not so much for the food parts but because it talks about various levels of lifestyles that can be achieved. He talks about how all raw vegan is only a second level lifestyle. To elevate the lifestyle to 3, 4 and 5 must must exercise a certain amount of time each day, meditate and help others etc. Level 5 is very hard to achieve, but it is something to aim for.

His `food is medicine' series are excellent too, but most people would find them very very boring because they only contain medical studies. Lots of complex medical words and in those books, so they need to be studied carefully to be able to make sense of them in many cases.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: January 20, 2015 11:04PM

To SueZ,
what does it matter how many words I used, when it seems that almost everyone on this forum is against Brian clement? It's like 20 to 1.

SueZ wrote:
Your posts on it aren't as simple and innocent as you'd have reader's believe, IMO, because they have not once touched on the issue at hand

Tai:
Yes I did respond to it. I said wouldn't it be nice if he was perfectly educated? Wouldn't it be nice if he was perfect? Clearly he is not perfect on any level, but I tried to highlight some good things.

What if he had a special apprenticeship that none of us knows about, that was legal? There could be so much more going on with his education than we have a clue about. Maybe someone will get to interview him and find out.

Date: January 21, 2015 12:10AM

"What if he had a special apprenticeship that none of us knows about, that was legal? There could be so much more going on with his education than we have a clue about. Maybe someone will get to interview him and find out."

Official canned bio fake and real bio top secret?! Lol.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 22, 2015 02:49PM

Date: January 22, 2015 08:07PM

coconutcream Wrote:
> [i.imgur.com]

Great poster coconutcream, that made me laugh and smile. That is so true. Sproutarians don't go out to dinner lol, they eat at home. grinning smiley

When Micheal Bergonzi, Dr Esselstyn or l am asked out for dinner, our replies simply are "thanks for the invitation, but l don't eat socially anymore".

I really don't like the idea of talking over a meal or having some stranger prepare my food etc. Food should be grown and prepared with love and eaten with a focussed mind.

Posted by: KFCA ()
Date: January 22, 2015 08:16PM

BTW, just because a person's name appears as the author of a book of any stripe, don't assume that said person even wrote the book. A few years ago there was a public comment from the American Public Library Association (or such similar named group of librarians) that over 60% of the books coming out are actually written by others/ghostwriters. This has been going on for decades.

If you google Alternative Health Ghostwriting, you'll find lots of writers able and willing to do just that---"in your own voice" even---for books, articles, speeches, whatever.

When I was doing my research on Jack LaLanne, I ran across a text/photo article on him from a December 1960 issue of Sports Illustrated that stated Jack's first book after he went national on TV was in fact, ghostwritten. I have no doubt a lot of other health gurus are also using ghostwriting services to this day. So don't necessarily fall in love with any "author" as "the writer".

Date: January 22, 2015 08:21PM

KFCA Wrote:
> BTW, just because a person's name appears as the
> author of a book of any stripe, don't assume that
> said person even wrote the book. A few years ago
> there was a public comment from the American
> Public Library Association (or such similar named
> group of librarians) that over 60% of the books
> coming out are actually written by
> others/ghostwriters. This has been going on for
> decades.
>
> If you google Alternative Health Ghostwriting,
> you'll find lots of writers able and willing to do
> just that---"in your own voice" even---for books,
> articles, speeches, whatever.
>
> When I was doing my research on Jack LaLanne, I
> ran across a text/photo article on him from a
> December 1960 issue of Sports Illustrated that
> stated Jack's first book after he went national on
> TV was in fact, ghostwritten. I have no doubt a
> lot of other health gurus are also using
> ghostwriting services to this day. So don't
> necessarily fall in love with any "author" as "the
> writer".

It would be interesting to know about Dr David Jubb. He claims to have been Ann Wigmore's ghost writer, and said he was highly influencial in changing Ann Wigmore's teachings away from beans and grains. No-one seems to know his age either.

It would also be interesting to see if he has a real Ph D because serious questions have been asked in the past, and his logic towards the raw food diet is really unsound, so l often wonder how he coould have earned a Ph D when his reasoning so so lose, sloppy and scientifically incorrect.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables