Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

teeth/healing/validation
Posted by: ela ()
Date: December 22, 2006 02:41PM

Hi Everyone! Greetings from London - I had to leave my beloved persimmons for a family holiday visit, and wanted to share a story.

Yesterday, I went to the dentist for the first time in five years.

Background: in those five years, I've been the sickest ever in my life and also more recently the healthiest ever. Four of those years I've been raw. It's been my intention and my experience that the health of my teeth steadily improve as my general health improved: however, I was nervous. Every visit to the dentist in my life up to now had been bad news. Both my parents have very bad teeth, my dentist commiserated about bad genetics. Plus, anyone who had such severe anorexia is expected to develop osteoporosis and teeth are just an extension of bones.

So, my intentions and feelings were one way but there was this nagging nervousness - what if this visit will be just like all the others? I eat mainly sweet fruit, including a lot of dates - what if I get told I'm doing it all wrong?

Well, I received the most wonderful validation that I could possibly have hoped for! The little cavity which sent me to the dentist (has been there for years and was bothering me) got seen to, which feels really good. But other than that, he said that my mouth was in really good shape and even said that the problems I'd had which we'd attributed to genetics 'belong to the past'.

Hooray! I've been feeling a surge of energy, gratitude and happiness recently and am so grateful for one more good thing. I hope that this story gives other people confidence and happiness around eating this way and healing this way.

love
Ela

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: teeth/healing/validation
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: December 22, 2006 02:46PM

Yey!!

Thanks for sharing - gives me hope!

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: December 22, 2006 03:27PM

I had a cavity disappear and a root canaled tooth in the back fell out, it was dead in my mouth covered up with crown, now my wisdom teeth are appearing and I think hey will move in the space

Posted by: ela ()
Date: December 22, 2006 09:16PM

I'm so glad for both of you - and here's hope! Sincere healing work does heal!

much love

Posted by: uma ()
Date: December 23, 2006 04:44AM

Thanks for sharing this ela! I have also had a history of bad teeth as a child. I am interested in how my own dental path will unfold.

Love,
Uma

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables