Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: My journey as an acupuncturist and how it relates to raw veganism
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 27, 2015 12:46PM

Tai

even if you do not publicly and explicitly express your sensitivities to energy, if being able to utilize that gift brings about a successful result, your clients will invariably thank you for that and come back or refer you to others more readily than those who do not have that ability

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 27, 2015 01:05PM

be kind to strangers because you might be entertaining angels unawares
was written in the bible

be kind to strangers

be kind to strangers

be kind to strangers

might as well... i mean.. why not?

people always remember kindness even if they forgot every word you said

Date: January 28, 2015 03:43AM

Tai

you wrote

<<I started learning distal acupuncture techniques that didn't require any palpation, which saved my body and allowed me to continue in my field.>>

This sounds very interesting and I'm glad that you were able to preserve your own health. But I was wondering, could you explain your "distal" healing a little more?

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 28, 2015 09:35AM

La Veronique wrote:
even if you do not publicly and explicitly express your sensitivities to energy, if being able to utilize that gift brings about a successful result, your clients will invariably thank you for that and come back or refer you to others more readily than those who do not have that ability

Tai:
Yes, I agree. I am not sure if I made it sound like I stopped using my sensing abilities. I can't turn them off. I just have made more of an emphasis on herbs and nutrition and less bodywork (massage) and more distal acupuncture.

La Veronique:
This sounds very interesting and I'm glad that you were able to preserve your own health. But I was wondering, could you explain your "distal" healing a little more?

Tai:
Yes. Distal acupuncture means that acupuncture is NOT performed on the problem area, but at another location on the body. So, let's say someone has neck pain, I could do acupuncture on the wrist and ankle for it and it works great. Or let's say someone has heel pain in their foot, I can do acupuncture on their hand instead of their foot. I still do local acupuncture. I just do the distal first and try to get rid of most of the problem that way, but I usually have to do some local work.

Someone might read this and think I sound crazy or strange. Let me try to clarify. Different levels have different standards. What is required of someone in kindergarten is not required in college. Different grades have different requirements. That makes sense right? I have to adhere to my level or I will get retribution, but the standard that is required of me is not required of some others.

I will give an example. The way I was taught to do acupuncture in college yields occasional side effects. My energy warned me ahead of time everytime this was about to happen when I was a student in the clinic following orders from the teachers. It was always correct. When I finally finished school, and I had one of my first patients on my own, I was about to do an acupuncture prescription the way my teachers taught me. The energy warned me of the side effects. Was I going to listen to the warning or listen to the theory? I listened to the theory and ignored my ability. The side effect DID occur. An hour later, I found a parking ticket for almost the same amount as what the client paid me. I took that as an omen. After that, I did not ignore my energy. I already had a couple of years of experience with this extra sensory perception and it was never wrong. So, why ignore it? It only took one failure on my own (but several as a student under the orders of the teachers and perceiving the errors of my business partner), one bad treatment of my own, to ditch hackneyed point prescriptions for me. I had to accept that what was required of me was not required of many others (at least consciously), but it had meaning for me on my spiritual journey of compassion.

Last year, I was entrusted to give a woman her prescribed meds from her doctor, while I nursed her back to health with my protocols. It was a "complementary" approach at the beginning. I could empathically feel what the antibiotics were doing to her body and I could detect the degree of side effects they were causing. After some days, I could empathically feel the grave damage Cipro was causing to her muscle and tendon. I was too busy to call the doctor YET AGAIN, so I just ignored it. Eventually the empathy I felt of the side effects of the cipro stayed in me until I addressed it. That was a form of retribution because I was an accomplice in malpractice by having agreed to give it to her (and they would have blamed me if I didn't give it to her). So I had to cause a scene at the hospital. Next time, i will not allow any doctor to take such time from me again over a simple matter. (Luckily, I did address it in time before any lasting or severe damage occurred, which can sometimes happen with Cipro.)

I have friends who are medical doctors and they prescribe toxic drugs all day long and they are spiritual too, and they do not have this sensitivity. Not everyone is meant to be sensitive. When I share with my highly spiritual friends who are doctors, we truly don't judge each other as superior or inferior to each other. But we recognize that each of us are on unique paths and are enlightening to different things and are fulfilling different roles in society.

Date: January 28, 2015 05:02PM

Tai,

thanks for explaining
very fascinating
i guess treating distally works because the meridians run along specific streams
so certain points in the stream ought to effect whatever is on the stream.. no?

and so you don't have to go to that region directly

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 28, 2015 07:18PM

La Veronique wrote:
i guess treating distally works because the meridians run along specific streams
so certain points in the stream ought to effect whatever is on the stream.. no?

Tai:
yes, correct. It's more complicated than that, because related meridians are sometimes better to choose than the actual meridian in distal acupuncture, but not always.

La veronique wrote:

Tai:
for mild to medium problems and for a good percentage of most problems, the answer is yes.

Date: January 28, 2015 08:18PM

tai

thanks for explaining
that's really interesting
the rare times i went to an acupuncturist
i've had very good success
then again
i was born lucky

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables