Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: RAW HEMP PROTEIN GRASS POWDER
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: January 31, 2015 12:32PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Unfortunately things are not as simple as that.
> Conversion to EPA and DHA can be much lower for
> all diet groups, and now various scientists have
> seriously disputed whether 1.6 g per day is
> enough, some are suggesting up to 6 g and even
> certain people take even higher amounts ( I will
> need to check those numbers again to make sure).
>
> Conversion of EPA/DHA can be as low as 1 - 2%, and
> given that most diets are poorly done by all diet
> groups it is not surprising that people are said
> to have such poor conversion rates. And thinking
> 1.6 grams of long chain omega 3's is enough is now
> highly questionable and puts one in a potential
> risk category imo. And when you read the science
> on how EPA/DHA shortages effect people you would
> not dare risk having low EPA/DHA. I think I
> remember that people did better on higher amounts
> of the rda for EPA/DHA (can't be 100% sure at the
> moment).

Just to repeat (for people new to the raw vegan diet) what I have said before - although I am very careful to keep my Omega 3:6 ratio balanced and to always take my Omega 3's with coconut oil in hopes of maximizing my long chain Omega 3 conversion rate I need, at the very least, 6 grams of Omega 3's a day or I suffer the consequences of not doing that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 31, 2015 12:50PM

Thanks for the feedback Suez. It clearly shows we all have different needs.

I didn't have any omega 3 rich seeds for one week and l didn't feel as good, and quite likely l would have had some excessive inflammation from all the omega 6 rich seeds. I have 30+ grams of ALA omega 3 every second day and l am at my best. I am not saying l need that much, but l do try to balance the omega 3's with the omega 6's on 1:1. Since l eat a lot of highly nutritious seeds l naturally will need to be eating a lot of flax and chia in order to get the 1:1.

Fenugreek is the most consumed food in my diet (roughly 57 - 60 tablespoons per week) and chia is the second most consumed food (I think) with 30+ tablespoons per week.

And what is even better is that using the coconut fat with chia/flax also reduces insulin resistance when eating high fat vegan diets (all plant fats and saturated fat can bring on chronic insulin resistance when certain levels are reached and a diet is done poorly), along with greatly reducing inflammation. See...if you are eating a lot of nuts and seeds it is likely you are doing yourself long term harm if you don't include the omega 3 seeds and convert properly because excessive inflammation is a major cause of many diseases and we know that almonds, sunflower, pumpkin, sesame and nuts are quite inflammatory.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2015 12:53PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: January 31, 2015 01:25PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> And what is even better is that using the coconut
> fat with chia/flax also reduces insulin resistance
> when eating high fat vegan diets (all plant fats
> and saturated fat can bring on chronic insulin
> resistance when certain levels are reached and a
> diet is done poorly), along with greatly reducing
> inflammation.

My insulin resistance was brought on after doing hclf for 11 months. I was always fine before that and hadn't eaten a SAD diet for decades.

I am now at around 65% fat intake a day and consume under 100 carbs a day, I not only feel much better but my lab work has improved immensely on this HFLC raw vegan diet. This morning my FBS was 63 which is the best it's ever been and I hope I can continue keeping it this low. I really think the aloe/cactus smoothies I've been having are helping a lot.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: January 31, 2015 03:13PM

TSM wrote:

<<<Yes they are, but not for the reasons the highly controversial Joel Fuhrman states. Gabriel Coisens will tell you that people getting the rda's for nutrients are sometimes not getting enough>>>

Hey Brian,

Why did you only show the first 2 of the 7 bullets I posted from Fuhrman?

Your post makes it look like Fuhrman disagrees with Cousens when the majority of what Fuhrman says agrees with Cousens - see the bullets TSM did NOT show below.

BTW, I find your continual and what seems to be intentional misspelling of Gabriel’s last name very disrespectful and not what I would expect from someone who claims to be so enlightened! You also claim to be on the same “wave length” Spiritually, so to speak, but you show NO interest in reading Gab’s book on “Spiritual Nutrition.” This too does not sound like someone who is very enlightened. If I felt a Spiritual Connection with someone who wrote a book on “Spiritual Nutrition,” I would want to know what that person thinks regardless if I thought I knew everything about Spirituality and Nutrition and I’d be really excited about the prospects of reading a book on Spirituality and Nutrition and NOT be “bored to tears”!!!

Here are a couple of your Posts from another thread where you say “everything Gabriel Coisens says on spiritual issues is spot on, he thinks exactly how l think on all of it” and yet, you have no interest in finding out what Gab has to say on 2 subjects that are dear to your heart. Indeed, you are an enigma.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: My journey as an acupuncturist and how it relates to raw veganism
Posted by: The Sproutarian Man
Date: January 23, 2015 04:31AM

Gabriel Coisens is without doubt an enlightened person, and the most enlightened out of any of the raw food leaders l am aware of. You can’t fake enlightenment because various people will be able to call you out. You know what…everything Gabriel Coisens says on spiritual issues is spot on, he thinks exactly how l think on all of it, and this is no accident because he lives in the light of truth. With most spiritual talkers online, many are fakes and not enlightened. Gabriel uses lots of funny words when talking about spiritual issues, and l use simple words, but we both arrive at the same conclusions.
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: My journey as an acupuncturist and how it relates to raw veganism
Posted by: The Sproutarian Man
Date: January 23, 2015 03:16PM

John Rose Wrote:

> Brian/TSM,
>
> Why do you consistently misspell Gabriel’s last
> name

don't know, but l will have to google his name and try to remember how to spell it.

> and have you read “Spiritual Nutrition”?

No,l couldn't be bothered reading most health books because they nearly all bore me to tears.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Here are the bullets I posted from Fuhrman that are basically saying the same thing as Cousens:

• "The government must hold the RDA ridiculously low because it would be inconsistent with the other absurd dietary suggestions and make it impossible to achieve levels without supplementation." -Joel Fuhrman, M.D., “Eat to Live” p. 141
• "...thousands of phytonutrients lack RDAs." -Joel Fuhrman, M.D., “Eat to Live” p. 141

Tell me Brian, are you somehow threatened by Gabriel and Fuhrman?

Why else would you keep misspelling Gabriel’s last name and not be interested in his book, “Spiritual Nutrition” and then, make it look like Fuhrman was all about the RDAs being too high?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2015 03:15PM by John Rose.

Date: January 31, 2015 03:56PM

"Hey Brian,

Why did you only show the first 2 of the 7 bullets I posted from Fuhrman?"

ROFL! How dare TSM not (in his replies), repost every precious word the reigning king of dusky out of context quotes has typed.

"BTW, I find your continual and what seems to be intentional misspelling of Gabriel’s last name very disrespectful and not what I would expect from someone who claims to be so enlightened!"

Good thing for him the poster quoted above seems to not claim to be enlightened - his hypocrisy level has oozed all over every nook and cranny of the raw food world enough as it is.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 31, 2015 05:35PM

SueZ wrote:
I am now at around 65% fat intake a day and consume under 100 carbs a day, I not only feel much better but my lab work has improved immensely on this HFLC raw vegan diet. This morning my FBS was 63 which is the best it's ever been and I hope I can continue keeping it this low.

Tai:
FBS, meaning fasting blood sugar?
SueZ are you familiar with functional medicine labortary ranges? functional range is 85-100. Standard lab range is 65-110. Both standards would see 63 as too low.

Would you please share your reasoning?
Thank you very much

Date: January 31, 2015 09:10PM

Tai Wrote:
> SueZ wrote:
> I am now at around 65% fat intake a day and
> consume under 100 carbs a day, I not only feel
> much better but my lab work has improved immensely
> on this HFLC raw vegan diet. This morning my FBS
> was 63 which is the best it's ever been and I hope
> I can continue keeping it this low.
>
> Tai:
> FBS, meaning fasting blood sugar?

Yes, FBS means fasting blood sugar.

> SueZ are you familiar with functional medicine
> labortary ranges? functional range is 85-100.
> Standard lab range is 65-110. Both standards
> would see 63 as too low.

>
> Would you please share your reasoning?
> Thank you very much

It was a teeny tiny bit too low but I ate my last meal at 2 PM so I'm not concerned at all. I'm happy that I am finally getting my cortisol production righted and my FBS has lowered - it's been a long haul. My goal is a FBS of 75 every day and no more than 100 2 hours after meals. The rest of the day has been within those parameters.

Date: February 01, 2015 12:29AM

SueZ Wrote:
> The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And what is even better is that using the
> coconut
> > fat with chia/flax also reduces insulin
> resistance
> > when eating high fat vegan diets (all plant
> fats
> > and saturated fat can bring on chronic insulin
> > resistance when certain levels are reached and
> a
> > diet is done poorly), along with greatly
> reducing
> > inflammation.
>
> My insulin resistance was brought on after doing
> hclf for 11 months. I was always fine before that
> and hadn't eaten a SAD diet for decades.
>
> I am now at around 65% fat intake a day and
> consume under 100 carbs a day, I not only feel
> much better but my lab work has improved immensely
> on this HFLC raw vegan diet. This morning my FBS
> was 63 which is the best it's ever been and I hope
> I can continue keeping it this low. I really think
> the aloe/cactus smoothies I've been having are
> helping a lot.

Highly interesting feedback. What is now being considered is that it is not the actual omega 3 ALA having much impact on health, it is the long chain EPA/DHA which is really responsible for omega 3 health. Many websites and books will say it is the omega 3's from flax etc which decreases inflammation and insulin resistance, but this does not appear to be correct, the long chains must be had to get the effect,especially the DHA.

John Rose Wrote:

> Spiritually, so to speak, but you show NO interest
> in reading Gab’s book on “Spiritual
> Nutrition.” This too does not sound like
> someone who is very enlightened.

Actually l have read the book, and l do have it in my possession. A very interesting book and l shall read it again. I was doing lots of cleaning yesterday and found it after many years.

>
> Tell me Brian, are you somehow threatened by
> Gabriel and Fuhrman?
>
> Why else would you keep misspelling Gabriel’s
> last name and not be interested in his book,
> “Spiritual Nutrition”

Oh John, such a funny way to be thinking and asking questions like this. Fancy asking if l am threatened by these folks, wow.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: February 01, 2015 08:51PM

fresh Wrote:

> lysine hard to get? false

It's not hard to get lysine when one eats enough fruit (fruit is very low in lysine). One of the easiet ways to get it is from sprouted legumes, but also sprouted grains and seeds/nuts.

Sprouting and fermentation will often develop more lysine.

Using chlorella is more limited because one would need to eat about 80 tablets to get near an RDA for a 60 kg person.

Lysine charts below:
[ndb.nal.usda.gov]

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2015 08:53PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables