Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Zucchini/Courgette
Posted by: bluespixie ()
Date: February 04, 2015 10:35PM

What do you guys think of these?

I used to love them cooked. I used to love them raw. Now I'm finding them bland, and almost inedible by themselves without sauces etc. I like that they can be used in low fat recipes, but for how filling they are, they don't seem especially nutritious.

Or maybe I chose the wrong time to renew my interest in them and they're out of season and produce is just bad quality.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Zucchini/Courgette
Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: February 09, 2015 11:57AM

Yes, it happened to me too, to think they aren't tasty anymore, and I was eating them only with tomato sauce, as before I would find them tasty on their own. I think it's just a phase, sometimes you like them as they are, sometimes they are good only with something else. They are very water-rich, which is a good thing. They also have a mild flavour, which makes them good for combining with a stronger flavour. They make perfect spaghetti, which is why I like having them in my diet. However, in winter time they don't taste that good as our local ones, and they are very expensive, so I rarely buy them in winter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 09, 2015 06:29PM

I find zucchini nutritious, but yeah, I need a sauce to go with it. It is high in protein, per 50 calories, 4 g. of protein. Very good source of vitamin C too.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: May 23, 2015 02:15AM

I love zucchini marinara with raw alfredo sauce I could go for some now.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: May 23, 2015 02:21AM

Beautiful picture
But is there also a picture of Zucchini/Courgette?
I must admit I have never seen a Zucchini/Courgette

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: May 24, 2015 12:45AM

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: May 24, 2015 03:16PM

Thank you coconutcream

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables