Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: lou corona
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 20, 2015 04:22AM

[en.wikipedia.org]

David Hume argued that causality is based on experience, and experience similarly based on the assumption that the future models the past, which in turn can only be based on experience – leading to circular logic. In conclusion, he asserted that causality is not based on actual reasoning: only correlation can actually be perceived.[14] Immanuel Kant, according to Beebee, Hitchcock & Menzies (2009), held that "a causal principle according to which every event has a cause, or follows according to a causal law, cannot be established through induction as a purely empirical claim, since it would then lack strict universality, or necessity".

To establish a correlation as causal within physics, it is normally understood that the cause and the effect must connect through a local mechanism (cf. for instance the concept of impact) or a nonlocal mechanism (cf. the concept of field), in accordance with known laws of nature.

From the point of view of thermodynamics, universal properties of causes as compared to effects have been identified through the Second law of thermodynamics, confirming the ancient, medieval and Cartesian[15] view that "the cause is greater than the effect" for the particular case of thermodynamic free energy. This, in turn, is challenged by popular interpretations of the concepts of nonlinear systems and the butterfly effect, in which small events cause large effects due to, respectively, unpredictability and an unlikely triggering of large amounts of potential energy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: February 20, 2015 12:51PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good questions Suez. I would like to hear a
> response too. The study is far from conclusive for
> raw vegan diets. And it wasn't "for each increase
> of 100 g/kcal total fruit" as written by arugula,
> it was “A daily increase of 100 g/kcal total
> fruit”. These two things can be completely
> different, and the study is too vague to know what
> to conclude.

Thank you. So the "each" was not referring to more than one raised increment of fruit but to the men's vs. the women's results in the study of one 100 gram more of fruit.

This study is certainly not a ring endorsement at all of Robert Morse's ideas on fruit then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2015 12:55PM by SueZ.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: February 20, 2015 01:03PM

Tai wrote:
"Lou has better posture than Brian Clement and Lou does more posture work than Brian. Brian lifts weights. Lou does not eat algaes and spirulina and Brian does. Brian takes more supplements, like silica and has thicker and lusher hair than Lou"

Is silica necessary?

Silica is a compound that is found in soil. There are people who have made the asinine assumption that it must be beneficial to health based on this. Another basis for the assumption about silica's benefits is the fact that trace amounts of it are found inside fruits and vegetables, which could produce some minor contributions to good health, but mostly to the health of those fruits and vegetables. Supplementing with silica has not been shown to provide any health benefits to humans, and all silica supplements contain far more silica than anyone could consume naturally.
[healthwyze.org]

Date: February 20, 2015 01:11PM

arugula Wrote:
> I didn't understand what your question was.

I see. TSM answered it for me.

> But this is what they found in the study:
>
> For each additional 100g of fruit (approx. 100
> kcal)

I think you interpreted this wrong. The abstract version of the study, at least, is about one single 100g raise in fruit consumption for each male and female group.

> over the typical consumption of 275 g/day for
> males and
> 247 g/day for females
>
> male bmd increased 4.5%
> female bmd increased 6.4%

So the women's gains were from a total fruit intake of 347 g. That is not much fruit at all - about as much as my fruit intake.

What 100 grams of fruit does the non-public version of the study say was used in their study?

> p-values were lower for women than for men (of
> greater statistical significance).
>
> no association for vegetables
> (typical consumption 239-246g/day)

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: February 20, 2015 04:21PM

"Is silica necessary?"

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] - Silicon and bone health - "Nutrition is an important determinant of bone health, but the effects of the individual nutrients and minerals, other than calcium, is little understood. Accumulating evidence over the last 30 years strongly suggest that dietary silicon is beneficial to bone and connective tissue health and we recently reported strong positive associations between dietary Si intake and bone mineral density in US and UK cohorts. The exact biological role(s) of silicon in bone health is still not clear, although a number of possible mechanisms have been suggested, including the synthesis of collagen and/or its stabilization, and matrix mineralization."

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] - Read the "Lesser Known Nutritional Needs" section.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 20, 2015 04:32PM

Silicon is also pre-sent in lettuce, cucumbers, avocados, strawberries, onions, and dandelions and other dark greens. The pectin in citrus fruits and alginic acid in kelp also contain small amounts of silicon

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: February 20, 2015 04:43PM

Red bell peppers and horsetail tea are rich sources of silica.

Date: February 20, 2015 04:58PM

I eat lots of stuff with silica in it but when I take a spoonful of Cassar's silica the next day my fingernails are as hard as nails.

I only take the silica supplement when I have periodic fingernail weakness. This happens every month or so. I don't know why.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 20, 2015 05:19PM

too much conductivity

winking smiley

Date: February 20, 2015 05:36PM

That is what I thought that silica should be available in local foods without resorting to supplements especially when you are Brian Clement with all the sprouts and land you have to grow fresh foods like red bell pepper or other silica rich foods.

Why are so many health gurus into supplements?

Is that their system does not work?

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 20, 2015 06:03PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
>
> Why are so many health gurus into supplements?
>

To make money.

> Is that their system does not work?

It depends on how you define system and how you define work.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: February 20, 2015 07:41PM

SueZ wrote:
This study is certainly not a ring endorsement at all of Robert Morse's ideas on fruit then.

Tai:
Yes, I mispoke. It's tiresome to always state the big problems with Morse's system, when I also want to pay him a compliment or confirm some of his findings. What I was thinking of were some of his successful cases: paralysis, spina bifida, and that one man in a wheelchair who was healed of scoliosis, osteoporosis and how his femur that broke and healed at an angle was able to straighten out, which was documented with before and after x-rays. Robert suggests that certain fruit can detox the lymphatic system, which can enable bone healing. But in addition to his own formulas, Robert gave the man Chinese herbal tonics to strengthen the bones, as well, so fruit was not the only factor. Robert also has made it a point to detox and tonify the kidneys, in addition to the lymphatic system, and any other organs he thought needed help.

THen Charlotte Gerson claimed to have decent bone density for her age of 92 and when she broke her pelvis, she was able to heal in like 6 weeks on the Gerson program. She was never fruit phobic, although the emphasis of the program is on greens and vegetables.

It was just my moment of realization that Lou's higher fat diet is not saving him in the long run just because it is raw (and he tries to minimize fruit) and that Brian, even though his bone density is fine (and eats a low fat diet), still has a postural problem and usually avoids fruit, whereas Robert can correct spinal problems with the inclusion of specific fruit. Robert could learn a ton from Brian and Lou, but they could also learn from Robert.

Raw P wrote:
Why are so many health gurus into supplements?

Is that their system does not work?

Tai:
Silica is richly found in horsetail and Brian said you can simply use horsetail, but out of convenience he uses Biosil. I said it before, if you use horsetail raw, it can reduce thiamin in your body. Cooking inactivates the thiaminase.
Brian's system is to use medicinal plants and algaes and seaweeds. THat is his system. Therefore, his system works for himself. I don't see him contradicting himself. He clearly has a different system than Ann Wigmore. Brian allows himself up to 25% wiggle room of cooked, so taking horsetail tea doesn't mean his system has failed.

Date: February 21, 2015 02:33PM

Tai Wrote:
> Raw P wrote:
> Why are so many health gurus into supplements?
>
> Is that their system does not work?
>
> Tai:
> Silica is richly found in horsetail and Brian said
> you can simply use horsetail, but out of
> convenience he uses Biosil. I said it before, if
> you use horsetail raw, it can reduce thiamin in
> your body. Cooking inactivates the thiaminase.
> Brian's system is to use medicinal plants and
> algaes and seaweeds. THat is his system.
> Therefore, his system works for himself. I don't
> see him contradicting himself. He clearly has a
> different system than Ann Wigmore. Brian allows
> himself up to 25% wiggle room of cooked, so taking
> horsetail tea doesn't mean his system has failed.

So Brian Clement allows himself up to 25% percent cooked food.

Cooked food is good but fruit is bad in his system.

I have not read his books and approached him but it will be interesting to know what nutrients cooked food provide that cannot be found in the sprouts and raw food he is also promoting.

Or cooked food is more digestible?

But when one has been on a healthy diet for more than 20 years should not the body heal itself and return to a state of natural equilibrium where the digestive system is back to normal?

If I had to pick between cooked food and green smoothies I would choose green smoothies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 02:37PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: March 22, 2015 04:35PM

I think the lou corona of the world will live past 100

Date: March 22, 2015 04:56PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
> I think the lou corona of the world will live past
> 100

Did you mean to say the lou coronas of the world? If so did you mean people that eat like he does (like Dan McDonald) or people who are short and have no family responsibilities to stress over?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2015 04:57PM by SueZ.

Date: March 22, 2015 05:39PM

lou coronas of the world, people who eat like him, whose health concerns are like him

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables