Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

looking for individual retreat
Posted by: Alena ()
Date: February 16, 2015 09:08PM

Fellow rawfooders:

I am burned out. Need a quiet place to restore for a few days at the beginning of March. Raw food, juice and being surrounded by nature with walking trails is a must. Lectures, cooking classes, busy schedule and big crowds is not what I look for.
If needed, I can help with food preparation.
I enjoy meditating and doing all sorts of exercise alone, but having company or classes would be nice. As well as availability of breathwork, energy work, body work...

I live in Alabama, prefer something close to home, definitely within the continental US.

Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: looking for individual retreat
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 16, 2015 09:37PM

Here's one in Alabama. No idea if it is any good.

[www.lakesidehealthandwellness.com]

Date: February 18, 2015 03:34AM

Thanks! I called them they do not operate anymore.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: February 18, 2015 05:19AM

Optimum health institute (OHI) is cheaper than HHI (i think there is one in texas and San Diego, California). I think there is also an Ann Wigmore institute somewhere in Michigan. Also Michael Bergonzi was supposed to have a retreat center somewhere in Northern California.

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: February 18, 2015 09:37AM

Alena, there is this guy on Youtube, his name is Jack Albritton, he is a very nice raw vegan who also hosts retreats at his place, in a very beautiful natural environment. You can contact him to see what arrangement is available. He is very friendly and has a lot of experience in the raw vegan lifestyle, he has wonderful videos. He mentioned Alabama, but he isn't located there now, he lives in Costa Rica. I think his mom lives in Alabama and he visits her every 3 months. But it's worth contacting him, I would say.

Here is the link to his channel:

[www.youtube.com]

Here is the link to his website:

[rawtropicalliving.com]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: February 18, 2015 07:03PM

If you cannot find a place for a retreat, you could retreat in your own home.
I do that quarterly, take 3 days off from any external activities,
just fasting, no tv, no news, no internet.
Just prayer and meditation.
A retreat is a state of mind.
It is easier for me because I have nobody else in the house, just me.

Date: February 18, 2015 08:30PM

Thank you everyone!

RawPracticalist: I figured that one last night. Except I am a sandwich generation, you see. Told my DH: how about you take the rest of the family somewhere then I can have a silent retreat at home.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: February 18, 2015 10:28PM

Yes and you could actually make on room in your house a retreat room.
The retreat good vibrations will remain in that room.
And at night when all are sleeping you could retreat in that room for 30 minutes or more.
Soft music, blue light, air purifier, quiet, and your favorite spiritual readings.
Then gradually you will learn how to retreat within yourself by just closing your eyes even at work, you will be transported into that room mentally.

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 19, 2015 05:36AM

Well, you can always ask one of us.

On GITMR this lady online I invited to stay at my place and she took me on and came from CZECH and I was like omg who is this goddess in my living room. It was a beautiful relationship. I am so glad we met and lived together she changed my life.

She moved on and now is in California.

If I was rich and single you could come stay at my place. I would have fresh fruit and raw vegan dishes all day long and night and fresh juices.

Raw vegans are like family, as long as you are not crazy and obsessed with parasites or anything weird. Just post an ad, and ask. Offer to work or help. Go email the tree of life and say you need work.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2015 05:38AM by coconutcream.

Posted by: littlemermaid ()
Date: February 20, 2015 05:01PM

I know this is not exactly what the original poster is seeking. But I'll share anyway, maybe someone else find it helpful.
I rented this house for about $90 a night last year in Costa Rica [www.aguavistacr.com]
The day I arrived I went to the local market with large backpack, stocked up on luscious ripe tropical fruit, and had myself an amazing retreat for a week. There are plenty of trails there, lots of exotic wildlife, gorgeous ocean views. The place is very private, I did yoga and meditation every day outdoors

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables