Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Why do almost every raw guru attract trouble?
Posted by: persimmoncat ()
Date: February 18, 2015 08:07AM

Hi gang!

I've been an observant of the event of things for quite a while now like most of you. And it's just seems so apparent that almost every raw public profile does get themselves into some sort of serious trouble, or drama or what you'd like to call it. I've been thinking alot about the psychology behind this. About what seems to be the nature of evolution of every alternative group, politically or in this field or any other. Im trying to figure out some analysis from this seemingly freudian events of things.

I know these public profiles tend to have less and less influence as the community as such seems to have declined in any sort of unity the last few years.

What are your thoughts, from a social-structructural perspective?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2015 11:58PM by Prana.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why do almost every raw guru attract trouble? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Date: February 18, 2015 09:57AM

It all comes down to wisdom or lack thereof

Lots of raw leaders keep out of trouble, but the ones who get into trouble show ample evidence of not tapping into wisdom. Ego will usually come into it and the temptations in the physical world (ego and money and lust) will often seal their fate as poor decision makers. They must develop high standards of conduct if they wish to fill a leadership position. The problem is that leadership positions are filled with human beings making the same mistakes that raw food leaders do.

Becoming well known in the public eye can have it's problems for the younger developed souls who are not adequately prepared for their mission, but also poor knowledge can help attract trouble. It is important people know the limits of their knowledge and not be too proud to seek the advice and help of others when it's needed. This will help stop many scandals. Also, being honest goes a long way. In other words, having integrity and being professional is of utmost importance, but many are not able to handle those things so trouble will brew.

People must be able to be guided by wisdom so they use good judgement, but many will never do this because they haven't developed wisdom yet. Many leaders still crawl along the ground because they haven't learned to walk yet. Some do walk, but they haven't learned to fly yet. It's all a process. BUT the biggest problem is that we allow ourselves to be lead and influenced by leaders who have no wisdom, and this is why we are in the mess that we are in. People in leadership positions MUST have wisdom,and the sooner we realise that, the sooner and better off we will all be. We need to stop empowering the unwise, l say that time and time again...we need to wake up. We have the power to set the standards, so lets do it. If you accept low standards, you will get low standards. Question the leaders and hold them accountable, don't buy into their nonsense, insist on the good stuff.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2015 10:00AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Re: Why do almost every raw guru attract trouble? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: February 18, 2015 10:29AM

The raw food gurus have also a bias against them.

The public believes that because they are not using the conventional healing methods they are not qualified to treat patients.

People die every day from nurses and physician mistakes in hospitals but when one single case of death is discovered at a natural healing center, it makes big news and lawsuits are filed.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 18, 2015 11:36AM

persimmoncat Wrote:

> I know these public profiles tend to have less and
> less influence as the community as such seems to
> have declined in any sort of unity the last few
> years.
>
> What are your thoughts, from a
> social-structructural perspective?

There is a formula.

They find this really cool idea.

They get excited about it.

They base their life around it, talk about it, find that people are listening to
them.

They like the way it makes them feel, so they practice on their oral communication and evangelical skills.

They make grandiose claims.

There is no substance behind their claims.

They find out they are wrong.

But they are trapped--this is how they earn a living, and they don't want to be poor.

So they keep on doing dubious things, selling dubious products, taking money from gullible, desperate people.

This works for a while. If they are narcissistic or psychopathic, they can make it work for a long while. If they are not sullied by a normal guilty conscience, they can go very far and attain great influence.

Eventually they make the wrong person or persons unhappy and they get exposed.

It makes the general public think that anyone who eats raw is a nutjob or a kook.

I think that it would be better if the more vocal people (I would not call them gurus) concentrated on a simpler message: eat more unprocessed f+v instead of claiming to cure every ailment on earth. These cures very limited basis.

I prefer the simpler messages. If you like what the person says, make a donation. If not, move on. But they don't really need a million dollars a year for getting people to eat more f+v like Brian Clement makes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2015 11:37AM by arugula.

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: February 18, 2015 01:21PM

Power is inherently flawed

Power has inherent negatives that humans cannot dissolve.

Power dictates to humans rather the other way around.

The gurus meet sick, desperate, gullible people who put them on a pedestal. Their egos explode, their greed balloons, and thus the stage is set for an eventual fall.

On the political front, I cannot think of one successful revolution that has sustained the instinct of freedom on which it was born.

There is something evil about power that will get you in the end.

Or something like that. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2015 01:31PM by Anon 102.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: February 18, 2015 02:10PM

THE TRUTH HAS ENEMIES!!!
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

AND MRS T, WHO CRAPS ALL OVER THIS MESSAGE BOARD, IS ONE OF THEM!!!

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 18, 2015 06:06PM

A bad book can get good reviews and the author can become famous by writing junk. Many american writers use the now fast technologies approach to get published and become speakers or gurus. It is a sea of oportunities and demand. For example, if people are happy with low quality books, then the bad writers got a market and a chance. So it is not only about the quality of guru but the quality of followers. Pretty much everything is perception and even conscience is a simple mechanical illusion that people, who dont know how it works, may atribute it a supernatural status that fancy their desires.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 19, 2015 05:21AM

We love them!

Date: April 22, 2015 05:54PM

When you are advocating something that against conventional wisdom, you will be attacked.

Conventional doctors have college degrees
Raw food gurus are mostly self trained.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: April 22, 2015 06:26PM

coconutcream Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We love them!
> [www.troll.me]-
> post-another-selfie.jpg

Lol. They just cant seem to get enough of looking at their own image, can they?

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: April 25, 2015 09:05AM

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: April 25, 2015 02:02PM

Always.
You could hardly find one without troubles

Date: April 26, 2015 10:00PM

Date: May 04, 2015 03:34PM

A raw guru for president

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: May 05, 2015 05:18AM

Date: May 05, 2015 01:02PM

People do not like to be told that what they are eating is wrong and is the cause of their diseases.

Conventional doctors do not do that, they prescribe pills, you do not heal and come back for more.

Raw gurus take a different approach, they make you feel guilty, you are eating the wrong food, killing yourself, a tough pill to swallow for most of us.

You have to lie, telling the truth gets you into trouble.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: May 05, 2015 03:12PM

the circling/spinning smiley face in the title of this thread always makes me LOL.

Date: May 08, 2015 04:34AM

Date: May 08, 2015 05:37AM

coconutcream Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [files.abovetopsecret.com]
> 4f.jpg

Now if a picture of David Wolfe was in each of his sunglass lenses then that picture would have been perfect.

Date: May 08, 2015 07:18AM

Sproutian Man

Just for you

ANY MORE REQUESTS?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2015 07:19AM by coconutcream.

Date: May 08, 2015 07:48AM

Wonderful coconutcream, truly wonderful.

I will admit that my favourite one you ever did was of the parrot with Brian Clement for his eye or something. Remember that one? That was brilliant. I should have saved it because that was the best picture l had possibly ever seen. smiling smiley

Anything with Brian Clement makes for the best day ever.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2015 07:49AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: May 08, 2015 10:41PM

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 11, 2015 05:29AM

"wHY do rawgurus always attract trouble"?

who ISN'T trouble?

boring people are trouble...because they are just...troubling

smart people are trouble...because they are..just ..troubling

smart people that make money trouble most people because some people are just...
TROUBLED

it is a troublesome world that we live in

make sure you take off some time to spend quality time with the tribbles

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 11, 2015 05:33AM

hey coconutcream

did david wolfe REALLY say that cacao is the same octave as a smile?

just wondering...

Date: May 11, 2015 08:13PM

YES HE DID

Actually chocolate is an octave of the sun

DAVID WOLFE SPEAKS

How are you la veronique, I miss your poetry when you going to give me a tarot question.

Date: May 13, 2015 07:37AM

coconutcream

<< How are you la veronique, I miss your poetry when you going to give me a tarot question.>>

I never wrote any poetry on this board ..I was just too lazy to put in capital letters, commas, periods...correct punctuation etc...

AS far as the tarot question, I was wondering if you read my post ( on the tarot thread) about getting rid of that "goblin on fire jumping up and down" emoticon on the subject line and the subsequent posts. Maybe prana can help out. Should we ask him?

Date: May 13, 2015 09:09AM

You can ask him if it bothers you. I dont care about no smiley.

Re: Why do almost every raw guru attract trouble?
Date: May 14, 2015 05:06AM

CC

prana removed the thread name emoticon

good enough for me

Re: Why do almost every raw guru attract trouble?
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: May 23, 2015 01:09AM

I am glad you feel better about the smiley emoticon

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables