Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Officials Declare ‘Eating Healthy’ a Mental Disorder
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: February 20, 2015 08:31PM

Officials Declare ‘Eating Healthy’ a Mental Disorder
[naturalsociety.com]

Lol what a joke, what they really mean is a healthy population doesn't support the profits of large corporations (junk food manufacturers, pharmaceutical industry) so they created a "mental disorder" as a pathetic attempt to thwart people from being health conscious. Not surprising, however, as this is common practice in psychiatry - make up a psychological disorder so you can sell more drugs to "treat" non-existing disorders.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Officials Declare ‘Eating Healthy’ a Mental Disorder
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 20, 2015 09:12PM

A while back I proposed a new disease named parorexia: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Parorexia could be the worst disease of humans as it accounts for the largest number of deaths per year. But nobody cares winking smiley

"Parorexia nervosa (also known as parorexia) is a proposed eating disorder or mental disorder[1] characterized by a dull or limited preoccupation with not avoiding foods perceived to be unhealthful.[2][3]The term parorexia derives from the Greek para, "incorrect", and orexis, "appetite", literally meaning an incorrect diet"

PS: I am a recovered parorexic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2015 09:25PM by Panchito.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: February 20, 2015 09:41PM

Panchito, you are so correct, but a disorder is named because of some kind of pathology.

From wiki:
"Orthorexia is not mentioned in the widely used DSM[a], but was coined by Bratman[4] who claims that in rare cases, this focus may turn into a fixation so extreme that it can lead to severe malnutrition or even death.[5] Even in less severe cases, the attempt to follow a diet that cannot provide adequate nourishment is said to lower self-esteem as the orthorexics blame themselves rather than their diets for their constant hunger and the resulting cravings for forbidden foods. [6]"

Water fasting or breatharian deaths would be the most extreme example of this. This is not an exclusively vegan issue. My colon hydrotherapy teachers helped a young man on a strict raw food diet that included raw animals foods, like raw fish. He was wasting away and he didn't tell them his diagnosis, if he knew it. He eventually died. He tried healing himself with his diet, which may have been the problem in the first place, with all the bacteria, viruses and parasites in raw meat.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: February 20, 2015 09:46PM

I'm getting a visual of a bunch of big Ag/gov owned obese shrinks eating bacon sitting around watching healthy looking people making healthy eating videos on youtube - and not liking what they are seeing one bit.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 20, 2015 09:48PM

Tai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Panchito, you are so correct, but a disorder is
> named because of some kind of pathology.

I don't think there are rules (or man made mechanisms) on how a disease becomes socially acepted as a disease. There are no application forms winking smiley

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 20, 2015 11:20PM

NHANES 2009-2010 shows that most people are getting no more than 13% of their calories from f+v and most of that is french fries and processed juice.

Have you seen the veg source videos on our obesity "experts"? Most of them are obese. Our Surgeon General is obese.

I can't stop watching this video:
[www.youtube.com]

40% of Americans will develop type II diabetes in their lifetimes.
[www.medicalnewstoday.com]

Not too long ago it was only 8%.

Gluttony is the new normal.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables