Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Define nutrition
Posted by: greenman ()
Date: December 26, 2006 07:11PM

We know the nutrients we need in order to grow and flourish but what is nutrition and how are nutrients founded or discovered? Our ancestors did not need to worry about nutrition because they lived with nature and it gave them everything they needed. But in our chemicalized and artificial world, it is a different story. We have to be very careful about what we put into our mouths.

To me nutrition is a tool to study they body and what it needs in order to grow.

To you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Define nutrition
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: December 26, 2006 08:47PM

To me, nutrition means feeling balanced, satisfied, and free of cravings.

If I have a craving, I go through in my head all the fruits & vegetables to figure out which one "fits" the craving - i.e. nutrient deficiency - or I look around the produce section until something speaks to me.

That's my definition of nutrition.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 27, 2006 01:30AM

Getting enough of your body's required energy, vitamins, minerals, aminos, fatty acids, and fiber. Further: doing it in a way that minimizes the chances of getting cancers and other diseases. makes you look good, feel good, and maximizes lifespan.

Cravings will not stave off deficiencies and listening to your body can lead to an increased risk of cancers. This has been shown in lab animals, who, when given the choice, pick the fattier, higher protein choices, and end up with more diseases and shorter lifespan.

My body sometimes tells me: pizza hut thin crust veggie. biscuits, pancakes. nachos. But, since these are obviously junk, I try not to listen.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: December 27, 2006 08:30AM

For me, there are at least three meanings of the word nutrition:

1. a set of external inputs that body needs in order to survive and be healthy.
2. a set of human-written data claimed, by human scientists, to correctly explain 1.
3. self-explored, instict-based action which delivers 1 as required.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables