Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Question about eating mono fruit meals and waste products
Date: February 25, 2015 09:00AM

When l eat apricots my waste products are orange. When l eat tomatoes my waste products are red. Is this what is supposed to happen when you eat a mono fruit diet?

Takes about 5.5 hours from eating to evacuation, so l am pleased about that. Do other people find that transit time is their experience?

I try to chew the fruit well, but l never seem to be able to, and this is a problem in my view. Fruit eating encourages bad habits on my part because l tend to eat like an SAD eater and woof the fruit down, but l am trying to eat slower. Many fruit folks seem to woof their fruit down.

Some feed back would be good.

Regards: The Sproutarian (currently day time fruitarian)

www.thesproutarian.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question about eating mono fruit meals and waste products
Posted by: Vitality ()
Date: February 25, 2015 09:09AM

Hm strange because I have always found fruit so nonstimulating and I eat it slowly and enjoy every bite so much, I never gulp it down in a gorging process, compared to what happens when you eat highly seasoned food with lots of calories etc. I never gorge nuts down either. I find vegetables, fruits and nuts (not cashews, peanuts) very unstimulating and I automatically eat them slowly.

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: February 25, 2015 11:33AM

The Sproutarian Man, that's a fun and good question.

Yes, that's how you are supposed to be functioning on a mono-fruit/mono-meal diet. The waste product will have the colour of the fruit/food you eat. It's like this for me too, and it's a lot of fun. If I eat oranges, my waste product is orange. If I eat tomatoes, it is red. If I eat lettuce, it is green. When I use carob in my smoothies, it is chocolate-brown. And so on. It's a sign of healthy digestion and elimination.

I try to do my best to eat slowly and chew my food very well. John Kohler always says "chew the food until it turns into a mush". At first I felt the need to eat very fast, especially when I was really hungry, and I wasn't properly chewing my food, so I was often eliminating small pieces of oranges or apples, because they didn't fully digest due to my lack of chewing well. Now, this problem is gone and everything is digested very well.

About the transit time, in my case, it is very fast, like 30 min to an hour after my meal. I find that my digestion is incredibly fast and it takes a little time until I need to go to the bathroom. I basically go to the bathroom after each meal, every day, and I can identify, by colour, the food I'm eliminating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2015 11:37AM by Ela2013.

Date: February 25, 2015 09:26PM

Ela2013 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Sproutarian Man, that's a fun and good
> question.
>
> Yes, that's how you are supposed to be functioning
> on a mono-fruit/mono-meal diet. The waste product
> will have the colour of the fruit/food you eat.
> It's like this for me too, and it's a lot of fun.
> If I eat oranges, my waste product is orange. If I
> eat tomatoes, it is red. If I eat lettuce, it is
> green. When I use carob in my smoothies, it is
> chocolate-brown. And so on. It's a sign of healthy
> digestion and elimination.

Thanks for the feedback.

>
> I try to do my best to eat slowly and chew my food
> very well. John Kohler always says "chew the food
> until it turns into a mush". At first I felt the
> need to eat very fast, especially when I was
> really hungry, and I wasn't properly chewing my
> food, so I was often eliminating small pieces of
> oranges or apples, because they didn't fully
> digest due to my lack of chewing well. Now, this
> problem is gone and everything is digested very
> well.

I can eat a 2 liter container of apricots in 30 minutes. Not as fast as an SAD eater, but probably still too fast. If we are going to eat we might as well eat slow and get the full benefits of the food to maximise health or we are wasting our efforts somewhat. I always chew my regular sprout diet very slow and well.

>
> About the transit time, in my case, it is very
> fast, like 30 min to an hour after my meal. I find
> that my digestion is incredibly fast and it takes
> a little time until I need to go to the bathroom.

That is incredible!!! I find it takes roughly 2.5 to digest the aprocits when l have a lot of them and about 2 hours for water melon when l have a lot of it. So that is 2.5 -- 3 hours from being digested until evacuation.

My sprout diet is eaten in much smaller quantities, and it takes 4 hours for nuts and seeds, 3 hours for legumes, 30 minutes for green juices. If l eat 2 meals per day l go two times per day etc.

They say meat eaters eliminate that meal after 3 days. Imagine how aweful that must be, so toxic.

I wonder how long cooked vegan food takes to eliminate? If people eat cooked vegan twice per day, do they evacuate twice per day? What is the transit time for various cooked foods for people?

> I basically go to the bathroom after each meal,
> every day, and I can identify, by colour, the food
> I'm eliminating.

Eating the food you do, you must be so clean inside.

I try to only eat between 2pm and 6.30pm if l can when l do my usual diet, only two meals per day, but sometimes l have fruit mid morning. On the fruit diet you need to eat more regular because hunger comes faster,+ the food is not as satisfying in every way (not used to it). The sprout diet sustains for hours without any hunger and is more satisfying, so only two meals per day are needed.

Fruit all day until dinner is pretty easy, and even yesterday l was going to do fruit all day and evening but thought such a practise is not a good idea for me so l had fermented nuts etc for dinner.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2015 09:31PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 26, 2015 02:08AM

I wonder if anyone has ever @#$%& a fruity rainbow.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 26, 2015 02:26AM

You might get a rainbow if you staggered a couple of diversely colored monomeals by an hour or two.

Posted by: Living Food ()
Date: February 26, 2015 02:51AM

About the transit time, in my case, it is very fast, like 30 min to an hour after my meal. I find that my digestion is incredibly fast and it takes a little time until I need to go to the bathroom. I basically go to the bathroom after each meal, every day

It is highly unlikely that you're eliminating the meal you just ate within 30 minutes, much more likely it is your previous meal. Many people go to the bathroom within 30-45 minutes of eating a meal or sooner, including many cooked and SAD eaters even. This is because eating stimulates peristalsis and causes your bowels to evacuate the previous meal so that there is room for the new one. The "optimal" transit time is supposed to be 18-24 hours for cooked food eaters, but if you are eating lots of raw food, fiber, fruit, monomeals, etc then it could be considerably less. But it is possible for people to have their meals stuck in their colon for 3 days or more as Sproutarian said and still be going within 30 minutes of each meal, only the food they are evacuating is what they ate three days ago instead of 30 minutes ago.

Date: February 26, 2015 02:57AM

That's what l think Living Foods. You want the transit time to be a a decent amount of time so the intestines have enough time to extract as much nutrition as possible.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: February 27, 2015 08:28PM

Well, as far as I noticed, I mostly eliminate after a meal exactly the foods I ate in that respective meal. But yes, there is the possibility that I sometimes eliminate the food from an earlier meal. I usually can tell, because the colour of the waste product changes according to the food I eat, so if I have oranges for breakfast and the previous evening I had tomatoes, and the waste product after breakfast is orange, I most likely eliminated the breakfast. I usually have more bowel movements in the morning, both before and after breakfast, so one of them is surely about the previous evening as well. At least this is what I noticed. But one way or another, I'm happy with my digestion smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: Exeggutor ()
Date: February 28, 2015 06:23AM

> The "optimal" transit time is supposed to be 18-24 hours for cooked food eaters, but if you are eating lots of raw food, fiber, fruit, monomeals, etc then it could be considerably less.

I believe I read somewhere for raw food that digestive time is 10-12 hours
but feel free to fact check me on that.

For me at least, cooked starches digested quickest. Not sure that was necessarily a good thing though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2015 06:25AM by Exeggutor.

Date: February 28, 2015 03:17PM

In my case, cooked starches digest slowly, in like 3 days. One of the reason I love raw fruits/veggies.

Here is a useful link:

[files.meetup.com]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: March 08, 2015 01:41AM

TSM wrote:

<<<Takes about 5.5 hours from eating to evacuation, so l am pleased about that.>>>

Brian,

NO WONDER YOU DO NOT DO WELL ON FRUIT!!!

YOU HAVE SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH YOU!!!

YOU ARE NOT ASSIMILATING WHAT YOU EAT!!!

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 08, 2015 07:48PM

TSM, it may be that the short time your were eating a high fruit diet your body did not have enough time to adjust. There are some changes the body needs to make when moving from a high fat diet to a high fruit diet. The gut flora is different and needs time to adapt.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 08, 2015 09:29PM

There are fructans in fruit and some peole are more sensitive. Since fructan is made of fructose, maybe fruits high in glucose would be a better choice.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

That carbohydrate, called , is a member of a group of carbs that gastroenterologists say is irritating the guts of a lot of people, causing gas, diarrhea, distention and other uncomfortable symptoms. Altogether, these carbs are called fermentable oligo-di-monosaccharides and polyols, or the cumbersome acronym FODMAPs.

irritating = faster food transit time

Table of Fructose Glucose of some foods: [voluntocracy.org]

To select fruits high in glucose, look for a negative number.

PS: watermelon is very high in fructose, whereas bananas have more glucose than fructose.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2015 09:38PM by Panchito.

Date: March 09, 2015 09:28AM

John Rose Wrote:
> TSM wrote:
>
> <<>>
>
> Brian,
>
> NO WONDER YOU DO NOT DO WELL ON FRUIT!!!
>
> YOU HAVE SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH YOU!!!
>
> YOU ARE NOT ASSIMILATING WHAT YOU EAT!!!

Passing through too quickly?

Prana Wrote:
> TSM, it may be that the short time your were
> eating a high fruit diet your body did not have
> enough time to adjust. There are some changes the
> body needs to make when moving from a high fat
> diet to a high fruit diet. The gut flora is
> different and needs time to adapt.

Very true, but it's amazing at how quickly our bodies do change when we eat a certain diet for a short time.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: March 09, 2015 12:47PM

<<<Passing through too quickly?>>>

YES!!!

If it passes through too quickly, as in your case, it's NOT being absorbed and assimilated.

So the problem is NOT the Fruit, it's you - it's the Condition of your Body - it's been damaged somehow.

As I have mentioned countless times, we have 2 Groups of Needs we must Satisfy - one has to do with the Law of Cause & Effect and our Anatomy and our Environment and the other has to do with the Ripple Effect and the Damage we’ve done to our Anatomy and our Environment - one has to do with our Anatomical Limitations that we were given at birth and the other has to do with the Anatomical Limitations that we Inflicted upon Ourselves.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables