Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Einstein's Circle of Known...
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: February 27, 2015 09:50AM

Hey guys,

Here is a small clip from one of my recent videos which explains Einstein's Circle of Known.

I doubt if I leave this up very long as I'm just seeing how it looks.

[www.youtube.com]
2:38 Minute Video

Peace and Love.......John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Einstein's Circle of Known...
Date: February 27, 2015 10:37AM

I forgot to mention that this clip started at the 37:53 MM in a 59:53 Minute Video.

By the way, I used to play competitive tennis for ~10 years and I started at 28 and I got HUGE amounts of Sunshine without protection - no shirt and no poisons on my skin, except for two spots on my face - the tip of my nose and the sides of my face. I have continued to get HUGE amounts of Sunshine as I love to go for long bike rides and walks with my dog to offset the majority of my day in front of this computer, except now I don't put anything on my face.

And now I have one simple question...

I will be 61 this year - does my skin look damaged?

Thanks for your honest feedback as we all have blinders on. smiling smiley

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: February 27, 2015 01:39PM

The most important thing is how you feel in your body. It think you look very good for that age.

Albert Einstein — 'As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.'

In his critique of pure reason, the German philosopher Emmanuel Kant warms us about the limitation of our reason, our objective knowledge. It is not enough to comprehend the mysteries of the universe.

True knowledge comes through revelation or what the mystics call illumination.
The key to the knowledge is through the heart, not the brain.

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.Matthew 5:8

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2015 01:44PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 27, 2015 03:18PM

you look great jr...i found the same - i had some damage in the past to skin but it has recovered quite well.

i don't recall you ever saying what your diet and exercise is like...

Posted by: HH ()
Date: February 27, 2015 04:06PM

You certainly deserve credit for having a great physique and a lively mind.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: February 27, 2015 04:22PM

You look absolutely fantastic John, I'm jealous! Not too lean, not too big and your skin looks great. So much for avoiding the Sun/Light, arugula's loss...

Is there somewhere where you've posted a typical day's diet for you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2015 04:23PM by NuNativs.

Date: February 27, 2015 04:33PM

Thanks RP, fresh, HH and NuNativs.

I usually exercise 3 to 4 hours a day riding my bike, walking or playing tennis. I only spend about 5 minutes a day - 3 times a week in the gym lifting weights or I'll go to the park and do pushups and horizontal lat pulls which will take more like 10 to 15 minutes and I do so in order to maintain my muscle mass. I have no desire to get any bigger than I am and if I was more like 15% Body Fat instead of 5%, I would look like your typical muscle head and I don't like that look. I only maintain what I got so people can't say that you can't build muscle eating 100% Raw Plant Foods.

Since I am as active as I am, I eat somewhere between 6 to 10 pounds of fruit a day so I don't lose any of my muscle mass, 2 to 3 pounds of leafy greens so that I get plenty of protein and other micro-nutrients and a handful of nuts or seeds usually as part of my salad dressing.

I went Low Fat Vegan when I was 32 in 1986 and Raw Vegan in 1990. My first year Raw was 60%, second year was 80%, third was 90%, fourth was 95%, fifth was 99% and from then on it's been 100% except for about a half a dozen or so experiments to follow up my first 30 Day Experiment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2015 04:34PM by John Rose.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: February 27, 2015 05:08PM

I think Einstein was a clown and a fraud and I think you need more body fat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2015 05:09PM by rab.

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: February 27, 2015 05:12PM

You look great, John! Keep it up.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: February 27, 2015 06:48PM

You look great, John. I still think you could wear a hat for a little face protection.

John wrote:
6 to 10 pounds of fruit a day so I don't lose any of my muscle mass, 2 to 3 pounds of leafy greens so that I get plenty of protein and other micro-nutrients and a handful of nuts or seeds usually as part of my salad dressing.

Tai:
do you eat vegetables?
When you eat 3 pounds a day of leafies, do you snack on them or do you juice or blend them?
Do you eat roots or sprouted legumes?

John wrote:
I usually exercise 3 to 4 hours a day riding my bike, walking or playing tennis.

Tai:
I know a lady in her nineties where I live. She doesn't own a car and she hasn't had one for 20 years. She walks everywhere. She spends about 3 hours a day walking. The little town we are in has everything one needs: hospital, farmers markets and grocery stores, etc. She really doesn't need a car for her lifestyle and her to do list. Anyway, she is going strong. No disease and no medication and she has a good posture. I used to think that 3-4 hours of exercise daily is too much time spent until I met her.

Date: February 27, 2015 08:36PM

Thanks rab, Anon and Tai.

rab wrote:

<<<I think Einstein was a clown and a fraud and I think you need more body fat.>>>

I agree 100% about Einstein, but I’ve had this Body Fat % for over 30 years and I’ve kind of got used to it and I prefer to be this light as I still fly around the tennis court. If I went from 5% to 15% Body Fat, I’d weigh another 15 pounds and that makes a big difference when you’re trying to chase down that tennis ball.

Tai wrote:

<<<do you eat vegetables?>>>

Only leafy green veggies.

<<<When you eat 3 pounds a day of leafies, do you snack on them or do you juice or blend them?>>>

I eat one HUGE Salad every day and I usually add some kelp or dulse for seasoning.

<<<Do you eat roots or sprouted legumes?>>>

No roots, except when I’m doing a Juice Fast/Feast and I used to do sprouts a long time ago, but I have better things to do with my time than nurse a bunch of sprouts all day. I would not mind spending several hours every day attending to an actual garden OUTSIDE in the SUNSHINE, but I already spend too much time indoors. I also did NOT like the way sprouted legumes went through me compared to how fruits and leafy greens go through me.

<<<I used to think that 3-4 hours of exercise daily is too much time spent until I met her.>>>

[www.naturalnews.com]
Blue Zones: What we can learn from the world's longest-living people
Thursday, February 13, 2014 by: Michael Ravensthorpe

Frequent, natural exercise

The most significant lifestyle factor shared by the centenarians of the Blue Zones, Buettner reported, was the frequency and gentleness of their exercise. These people, who often tended to their own gardens and farms, routinely exercised for more than five hours per day. However, their exercise was always based on natural movements such as moderate walking, gentle lifting and tilling the soil. Comparatively extreme exercise, such as weight lifting and marathon running, was non-existent.

[www.naturalnews.com]

Posted by: tezcal ()
Date: February 27, 2015 09:19PM

You look great, john. Even working at a 'health food grocery store', many many people your age and younger struggle to walk around, walk with gimps,etc. Both employees and customers alike.

Date: February 28, 2015 07:57AM

"I agree 100% about Einstein, but I’ve had this Body Fat % for over 30 years and I’ve kind of got used to it and I prefer to be this light as I still fly around the tennis court. If I went from 5% to 15% Body Fat, I’d weigh another 15 pounds and that makes a big difference when you’re trying to chase down that tennis ball. "

Well, maybe time to start swimming in the ocean? Or some other sport that is not so hard on the joins? Tennis is a horrible sport for one's health. I know you are good at it...but, I would reconsider if I were you.

Here I am, giving advice to a very smart and healthy man...a teacher of healthy living. I am just an overweight clerk, not exercising enough. You should be giving advice to me...

But, in my opinion, babies are born with fat because we need it. That's it. People look nicer when they have a little fat beneath the skin. Because that is how we are supposed to look. We are aquatic apes. Made to live on beaches. Eat fruit and sea food.

Posted by: tezcal ()
Date: February 28, 2015 11:22PM

rab Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "I agree 100% about Einstein, but I’ve had this
> Body Fat % for over 30 years and I’ve kind of
> got used to it and I prefer to be this light as I
> still fly around the tennis court. If I went from
> 5% to 15% Body Fat, I’d weigh another 15 pounds
> and that makes a big difference when you’re
> trying to chase down that tennis ball. "
>
> Well, maybe time to start swimming in the ocean?
> Or some other sport that is not so hard on the
> joins? Tennis is a horrible sport for one's
> health. I know you are good at it...but, I would
> reconsider if I were you.
>
> Here I am, giving advice to a very smart and
> healthy man...a teacher of healthy living. I am
> just an overweight clerk, not exercising enough.
> You should be giving advice to me...
>
> But, in my opinion, babies are born with fat
> because we need it. That's it. People look nicer
> when they have a little fat beneath the skin.
> Because that is how we are supposed to look. We
> are aquatic apes. Made to live on beaches. Eat
> fruit and sea food.

so because we were once aquatic apes, this is the one way in which humans should live/eat? this species has over a million years of history, but the aquatic stage is the only that matters huh. doesn't make sense to me. should the butterfly worship the larva, eating as it did in a previous stage of its life cycle? do you walk up stairs damning each step after the first because the first one was best? babies are amazing, i have two children, but adults are not babies. adults are adults. maybe we should do away with language, critical thinking, lose the ability to differentiate our surroundings, and maybe even start eliminating our waste where ever we please.

Date: March 01, 2015 02:04AM

tezcal, is that what you concluded from my message? Amasing.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: March 01, 2015 02:27AM

The places with the longest-lived people throughout the world all live near an ocean or sea. Similar findings in the U.S. with Hawaii ranking #1 in life expectancy and California tied for #3 (with Connecticut). Minnesota is #2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2015 02:28AM by jtprindl.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 01, 2015 02:37PM

John looks much better than all those other famous raw fooders for his age.

Date: March 01, 2015 03:52PM

Thanks tezcal and Panchito.

rab wrote:

<<<Well, maybe time to start swimming in the ocean? Or some other sport that is not so hard on the joins? Tennis is a horrible sport for one's health. I know you are good at it...but, I would reconsider if I were you.>>>

Most people have no idea how “violent” tennis can be as one is constantly hauling ass in one direction and all of a sudden you have to stop on a dime and haul ass in the opposite direction. And then, you’re swinging that racket at hundreds of miles an hour and that puts a lot of stress on your joints. For these reasons I started lifting weights again to protect my joints and I did a lot of cross training off court, especially stretching with the result that I NEVER got injured.

Yes, tennis is hard on the body, but it’s the only time I have where I’m not thinking about how to help our suffering species. When I’m playing tennis, I’m only focusing on that yellow ball and it’s a much needed diversion that I don’t get to do often enough.

<<<Here I am, giving advice to a very smart and healthy man...a teacher of healthy living. I am just an overweight clerk, not exercising enough. You should be giving advice to me...>>>

Thanks for putting a smile on my face and I have always been fascinated by the Aquatic Ape Theory, especially since I love the water so much as many others do too. Perhaps we should start a thread on the Aquatic Ape Theory.

In the meantime, here are 2 old posts by fresh, who posted as tao back in those days, about the Aquatic Ape Theory (Tai, I’ve been meaning to bring this up when fresh started a thread on acupuncture as I thought you might get a kick out if it)…

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: Evolution by the Sea
tao (12.42.25.---)
Date: 09-06-01 13:49

[members.telocity.com]
Aquatic Ape Theory
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Evolution
tao (12.42.25.---)
Date: 09-07-01 06:45

Evolution is not something that you need to believe in.
It has happened, is happening, and will continue to happen, whether you believe it or not.

maybe you don't believe in the current theories on evolution.

[www.evolutionhappens.net]
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

There’s another Thread on this subject in my file “Evolution VS. Intelligent Design” entitled “Why don't we have fur like other monkeys??” and has about a dozen or so posts, so I’ll post those if we start another Thread on the Aquatic Ape Theory.

Posted by: pacific ()
Date: March 01, 2015 04:30PM

rab Wrote:
> Tennis is a horrible sport for one's
> health.

Um, no rab, tennis is actually one of the best sports for health. It is a lifetime sport that anyone can play well into old age. It has the following benefits:

1. nice way to exercise outdoors in the warm sunshine and fresh air
2. excellent cardio workout
3. requires quick mental processing and decision making
4. great chance to socialize and meet new people

Where do you live? I live in Southern California, the tennis capital of the U.S.

Los Angeles, Orange County and Palm Springs have tons of older people who play tennis. People in their 70's and 80's. John Rose would be considered a kid here. And guess what? They're all enjoying the game.

You sound like someone who has never picked up a racket.

Date: March 01, 2015 04:56PM

Hey pacific,

Thanks for putting things in perspective as tennis truly is a game for life and for me was the SPRING BOARD that made me the man I am today for it was not for tennis, I’m not sure if I would have ever changed my diet and I would have more than likely had a much harder time finding my true calling in life.

Date: March 01, 2015 07:46PM

Actually, I once won a 4.5 tournament...very amateur but not badsmiling smiley

We don't have joint structure to support hard stopping and starting. We just don't. Almost none of those sports we watch on tv is healthy. Sport is to control people.

That is my opinion. I would not go any further, I have a great respect for you, John. I am not giving advice, just an opinion. I am very bad myself, I don't exercise enough, I am not a person who should give advice to anyone. This is just what I have learned from reading and comparing with experience.

Date: March 01, 2015 08:29PM

John Rose Wrote:
> Hey pacific,
>
> Thanks for putting things in perspective as tennis
> truly is a game for life and for me was the SPRING
> BOARD that made me the man I am today for it was
> not for tennis, I’m not sure if I would have
> ever changed my diet and I would have more than
> likely had a much harder time finding my true
> calling in life.
>
> Peace and Love.......John

Peace and Love to you John.

Date: March 01, 2015 08:49PM

rab Wrote:
> Sport is to control people.

Wrong answer, but thanks for playing rab! Sport is for many things: exercise, competition, pure fun, physical, emotional and psychological release, disease prevention, social interaction...

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 01, 2015 09:25PM

WOw John is that you! You are fit! WOw what a great voice.

You may be the smartest man on here.

Reminds me of going to Landmark Education. I did the 4 courses twice...I reached the top twice, basically..spent thousands of dollars.. They say there is a box of things you know and even a bigger box of things the biggest ever- of what you dont know and the biggest box of what you know that you dont know, then what you do NOT know that you dont know...

and these things control you behind the lines...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2015 09:28PM by coconutcream.

Date: March 01, 2015 10:50PM

pacific Wrote:
> rab Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sport is to control people.
>
> Wrong answer, but thanks for playing rab! Sport
> is for many things: exercise, competition, pure
> fun, physical, emotional and psychological
> release, disease prevention, social interaction...

No, sport exists for one reason only: to control people. If you don't understand this you don't understand modern world. Health part is just to trick people into it. It is to inspire anymalistic side of human nature. Too obvious to see...

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 01, 2015 11:10PM

SPORT IS TO CONTROL PEOPLE

wow what an idea, how can this be true? Is it true?

You mean like NFL football?

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: March 01, 2015 11:50PM

I believe professional sports are a control mechanism but not when you just play them for fun in your spare time. Professional sports create division, ego, and are a huge distraction which diverts attention away from truly important issues. They give more money and power to large corporations and probably have an overall negative influence on society, whether it's endorsement deals with or promoting companies like McDonald's, the worshipping of professional athletes as if they are supreme beings, etc.

Date: March 02, 2015 12:25AM

too much thinking, not enough body movement

Date: March 02, 2015 12:39AM

what other drugs are you on other than caffeine and cooked food?

i used to have nightmares when i ate a lot of cooked food

you're having daymares and maybe nightmares too

Date: March 02, 2015 01:06AM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> None damnit. None.
> In fact I've never really done what sme would
> consider "drugs" at all.
>
> But people like to judge and create controversy
> for nothing.
>
> ONly reason I've mentioned that word "drug" before
> is that , there's no real way to classify such
> things which some may consider "borderline" or
> "natural alternatives" which can also be abused.

ok, so just the cooked food and caffeine then.

do you find the caffeine causes any problems for you?

i thought you said you were addicted.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables