Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What goes into your mouth
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 28, 2015 10:02PM

I saw something in the Gospel of Thomas, a book discovered in 1945 in Egypt, containing 114 sayings attributed to Jesus, that I felt was relevant to this forum of raw foodists and enthusiasts who sometime don't always get along.

14 Jesus said to them, "If you fast, you will bring sin upon yourselves, and if you pray, you will be condemned, and if you give to charity, you will harm your spirits.

When you go into any region and walk about in the countryside, when people take you in, eat what they serve you and heal the sick among them.

After all, what goes into your mouth will not defile you; rather, it's what comes out of your mouth that will defile you."

As rawfoodists, we have a lot of concern of what goes into our mouths, to the extent that some foods will serve us while other won't. Perhaps we could all benefit from a deeper examination of what comes out of our mouths (or in our case, what we type from our computer keyboards), and how those words and the thoughts behind them don't really serve ourselves or others, in those times when we find ourselves in disagreement or in conflict with one another.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What goes into your mouth
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: March 01, 2015 12:27AM

I don't know how you did it, but you even turned that post of Prana into a circ post.

impressive.

Date: March 01, 2015 01:26AM

“It's not your job to like me - it's mine”

“Life is simple. Everything happens for you, not to you. Everything happens at exactly the right moment, neither too soon nor too late. You don't have to like it... it's just easier if you do.”

“As long as you think that the cause of your problem is “out there”—as long as you think that anyone or anything is responsible for your suffering—the situation is hopeless. It means that you are forever in the role of victim, that you’re suffering in paradise.”

“A thought is harmless unless we believe it. It’s not our thoughts, but our attachment to our thoughts, that causes suffering. Attaching to a thought means believing that it’s true, without inquiring. A belief is a thought that we’ve been attaching to, often for years.”

“I am a lover of what is, not because I'm a spiritual person, but because it hurts when I argue with reality.”

“All I have is all I need and all I need is all I have in this moment.”

“Don't believe every thing you think.”

“How do you react when you think you need people's love? Do you become a slave for their approval? Do you live an inauthentic life because you can't bear the thought that they might disapprove of you? Do you try to figure out how they would like you to be, and then try to become that, like a chameleon? In fact, you never really get their love. You turn into someone you aren't, and then when they say "I love you," you can't believe it, because they're loving a facade. They're loving someone who doesn't even exist, the person you're pretending to be. It's difficult to seek other people's love. It's deadly. In seeking it, you lose what is genuine. This is the prison we create for ourselves as we seek what we already have.”

“Placing the blame or judgment on someone else leaves you powerless to change your experience; taking responsibility for your beliefs and judgments gives you the power to change them”

“Our parents, our children, our spouses, and our friends will continue to press every button we have, until we realize what it is that we don't want to know about ourselves, yet. They will point us to our freedom every time.”

“Nothing comes ahead of its time, and nothing ever happened that didn't need to happen.”

“When they attack you and you notice that you love them with all your heart, your Work is done.”

“If you put your hand into a fire, does anyone have to tell you to move it? Do you have to decide? No: When your hand starts to burn, it moves. You don’t have to direct it; the hand moves itself. In the same way, once you understand, through inquiry, that an untrue thought causes suffering, you move away from it.”

“all the advice you ever gave your partner is for you to hear”

“The miracle of love comes to you in the presence of the uninterpreted moment. If you are mentally somewhere else, you miss real life.”

“When we stop opposing reality, action becomes simple, fluid, kind, and fearless.”

“Seeking love keeps you from the awareness that you already have it—that you are it.”

“Don't be careful. You could hurt yourself.”

“You are your only hope, because we're not changing until you do. Our job is to keep coming at you, as hard as we can, with everything that angers, upsets, or repulses you, until you understand. We love you that much, whether we're aware of it or not. The whole world is about you.”

“You move totally away from reality when you believe that there is a legitimate reason to suffer".”

“Peace doesn't require two people; it requires only one. It has to be you. The problem begins and ends there.”

“When you argue with reality, you lose, but only 100% of the time.”

“Since the beginning of time, people have been trying to change the world so that they can be happy. This hasn’t ever worked, because it approaches the problem backward. What The Work gives us is a way to change the projector—mind—rather than the projected. It’s like when there’s a piece of lint on a projector’s lens. We think there’s a flaw on the screen, and we try to change this person and that person, whomever the flaw appears on next. But it’s futile to try to change the projected images. Once we realize where the lint is, we can clear the lens itself. This is the end of suffering, and the beginning of a little joy in paradise.”

“Being present means living without control and always having your needs met.”

“Hurt feelings or discomfort of any kind cannot be caused by another person. No one outside me can hurt me. That's not a possibility. It's only when I believe a stressful thought that I get hurt. And I'm the one who's hurting me by believing what I think. This is very good news, because it means that I don't have to get someone else to stop hurting me. I'm the one who can stop hurting me. It's within my power.

What we are doing with inquiry is meeting our thoughts with some simple understanding, finally. Pain, anger, and frustration will let us know when it's time to inquire. We either believe what we think or we question it: there's no other choice. Questioning our thoughts is the kinder way. Inquiry always leaves us as more loving human beings.”

“An unquestioned mind is the world of suffering.”

“The only way I can be angry at you is when I have thought, said, or done something that is unkind in my own opinion.”

“Whatever it takes for you to find your freedom, that's what you've lived.”

“We don't attach to people or to things; we attach to uninvestigated concepts that we believe to tbe true in the moment.”

“In my experience, we don't make thoughts appear, they just appear. One day, I noticed that their appearance just wasn't personal. Noticing that really makes it simpler to inquire.”

Date: March 01, 2015 02:39AM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Everyone who supports circumcision thinks
> backwards.
> To them, torture, evil, mutilation, etc. is good,
> it cures, etc.
>
> Like a video posted earlier says "its amazing how
> people cannot get around to understanding such
> basic logic: if your g-d is perfect and his
> creations are perfect why does the child require
> mutilation to "cure" its imperfection.
>
> [www.youtube.com]
> e=youtu.be How to feel circumcised.
>
> Backwards language people are using.

who are you talking to

Date: March 01, 2015 02:57AM

who are you talking to

Date: March 01, 2015 03:01AM

perhaps it is selfish and rude to converse about subjects that clearly nobody else cares about.

Date: March 01, 2015 03:08AM

who is responding to your soliloquys, your diatribes?

not insulting you.

trying futilely to wake up the undead.

Date: March 01, 2015 03:16AM

> I don't know how else to say it.

so don't say anything.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 01, 2015 10:37AM

“When they attack you and you notice that you love them with all your heart, your Work is done.”

powerful and mind blowing

love is definitely not for wimps

and neither is preserving one's life/rights etc.

they can be compatible

love one's enemies e.g. "compassion" ... seeing the darkness in oneself before seeing the supposedly "magnified" version in others... hence loving others as one would love oneself... and forgiving others as one would forgive oneself for one's own darkness

then... and continuing to forge light in the midst of darkness

by whatever means necessary

using the sword in your Spirit before using the sword of Mind before using the sword in your Hand

Date: March 01, 2015 11:34AM

and if you can accomplish this one thing..

well then.. you have pretty much accomplished everything

hence your work is "done"

and there is not much that you can't do in my opinion

so...let me know how you have achieved this

in any way... even in a small way.. or in a single moment

because that might be the one thing i will never get tired of hearing about

i know you all have something to enlighten me about

maybe a moment ,, an incident...

a snowflake melting within a deer's steady gaze...

Date: March 01, 2015 01:07PM

<<"the thing is, to be intactivist you have to live with a piece of your heart broken"
is what one intactivist said.>>

and still they march on even with a broken heart...

without firing a shot ...

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 01, 2015 07:58PM

I belonged to a spiritual cult once and the leader told me that raw vegan food was rabbit food and its not about the food, but about your thoughts of the food. I followed this, it was extremely hard to let in some cooked foods, but once I did Prana no matter what I told myself about the food when I was eating it, it still did me wrong.

Then I looked at the leader and was like, well why do you have so much plastic surgery and drink coca cola?

You can always stand over your hamburger and command it to give you beauty and health but the reality is its cooked food and it will bring you right back to ugliness disease, rot dirt grime filth putrid stench fatty gross ugly noway health again.

I have experienced this philosophy and it failed me. In case you guys were thinking, hey its not about the food, its about your thoughts...I tried this out and didnt work and it took me back a few years of my evolution and I was really really worse off.

Hey the body is the body and the body wants raw. You can fight it, and feed your mind but the body wants what it wants and that is raw fruits greens nuts seeds water soaked grains, whatever...but if you guys can "wish " away the cooked food with good thoughts, it does not work, I tried it and I am pretty spiritually experienced, I tried everything

Jesus also supposedly made essene bread on rocks with sprouted wheatberries mashed up, unleavened bread he called it according to the essenes and I am sure he also told people to eat more raw,

I also read he made a guy sit in front of a bowl of milk, this man possessed by dis-ease and a worm came out of his mouth. Tapeworm?

So I say stay with raw foods.

I love the teachings of Jesus. I do. I think its great.
I think if he existed, he was a cool dude.

Maybe he has a point a grain of truth for those with will power, that you can change that hamburger into a raw vegan fruit dish, hey it is possible. Maybe I am too weak.

I cannot make cooked food into raw vegan food...Maybe you need someone really spiritually advanced like DR.

I know we really wish it were so...but no, you only get those healing results on raw.

I think the mind is indeed alien, but the body is definitely earth ash dirt grass fruit seeds...

But thank you Prana That is really interesting he said that. I have heard spiritual teachers say that before. I am just giving you my attempts at it, didnt work, I think its about the raw foods.

Also I heard the Jesus stories in the bible were changed, he did not share fish, he shared bread ...for example..

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2015 08:10PM by coconutcream.

Date: March 01, 2015 08:24PM

Funny Jesus memes they are all over the place

For a laugh...

I re- read your post again Prana, and I think he may be talking about the words one speaks? Yes...anyone with mouth disorders or teeth issues, are because of the words they speak, negative blaming anger, etc...and that is the spiritual symptom usually right? Of horrible words spoken to another person or to the self...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2015 08:26PM by coconutcream.

Date: March 01, 2015 09:22PM

Yes THESTORM I agree with you

Date: March 01, 2015 09:38PM

I would never cut off my childs penis or clitorises like some people today do. Thestorm you are right.

Are you channeling Baphomet? can I ask you a question ? What is your master plan for this race?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2015 09:42PM by coconutcream.

Date: March 01, 2015 09:58PM

Well, join the club, Thats why we all seek to find our way out of it.

Date: March 01, 2015 11:14PM

Can we see a photo of you storm in your true self

Date: March 02, 2015 02:21AM

Poor Me Syndrome (PMS)
By Haley Elder, M.A

Upon first thought, self-pity sounds like a good idea–an effective means of comforting oneself when no one else around seems to “understand” what one is going through. Some individuals might say that verbally explicit statements of self-pity allow them to meaningfully “vent” their problems, perhaps finding solace as others become more aware of their plight. For instance, the following statements might be viewed as therapeutic to the individual who sees himself as under attack by the world and those “evil” constituents who make it up:

“I’ve been in school for 25 years and cannot find a job. I’ll never have money to support myself, even after all these years of education. Life is unfair and lousy, and it shouldn’t be like this for someone who has worked so hard.”

“I cannot make friends because others are more social than me. I don’t get the respect I deserve for being the quiet, creative type. Others don’t understand how I like solitude and reject me because of it, and therefore, they are mean and inconsiderate and should try harder to get to know me.”

The common theme of these self-piteous cognitions and verbal declarations can be described as the “poor me” phenomenon, where one globally labels others as well as life/the world at large as harsh, cruel, unfair, or bad for treating them unjustly. While some might believe that vengeful statements about the malevolence of other individuals and situations external to self help protect them from the unforgiving world, this is wholeheartedly inaccurate. By stewing in hatred of others and life, one is in fact perpetuating their own misery, inflicting further harm on the very individual whom they are trying to protect the most. One’s chronic insistence that life circumstances change and others behave differently towards them as well as the whiny rehearsal of self-talk like “others and life are bad because they don’t give me what I want” do nothing but self-defeat and propagate negative, unhealthy states of being. Chronic depression and unremitting rage flourish within this frame of mind.

That isn’t to say that life and others are not capable of unfairness at times and that they never deal us a shitty hand. Quite the contrary. Life is hard and people do behave contemptibly, and these are some of the unfortunate truths of being alive. But that is not to say that you have to make it worse by catastrophizing about bad events and the unsettling behaviors of others, and you surely do not have to demand that things outside of your control be different. Instead, tell yourself that life at times can be a complex, challenging series of adversities and that others have, are, and will continue to treat you poorly at times. However, also remind yourself that you have control over your own emotional well-being regardless of the injustice that occurs around you. Tell yourself that life circumstances and maltreatment by others could always be worse, that at least some aspects of your life and relationships with others are positive, and that NOBODY, including Mr. Life, HAS TO give you everything you wish for.

One of my favorite Dr. Ellis quotations encapsulates this final point most perfectly:

“The universe doesn’t care about you, it’s not for or against you, it just doesn’t give a sh*t.”

Well put.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: March 02, 2015 02:35AM

Storm you are so prolific dude, you have a novel or a million YouTube scipts just copying and pasting the last month of your posts from this board! Spread yourself worldwide, not just on this tiny forum...

Date: March 02, 2015 03:12AM

PMS2

Date: March 02, 2015 09:48PM

TheStorm wrote:
"nah

I've been being threatened to expose personal information and I'm not comfortable with that."

Seriously you have a passion and a message obviously. Just be anonymous, read your scripts/rants/diatribes and just float a bunch of pictures illustrating what you're talking about. Don't appear on camera unless you want too. It would feel so good to you to connect with those who resonate with your message...

Date: March 03, 2015 01:33AM

>predatory

no

i hope you wake up before you die

Date: March 03, 2015 02:43AM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> Watch, he will continue to accuse me of things in
> attempt to character assassinate me.
>
> That's his tactic.
>
> Character Assassination.

poor me syndrome.

I forgot, who are you talking to regarding all this circ stuff?

Posted by: Exeggutor ()
Date: March 03, 2015 02:53AM

I'd like to point out that the title of this
board is "what goes into your mouth"

... and here we are talking about penis's again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2015 02:54AM by Exeggutor.

Date: March 03, 2015 02:57AM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> there he goes again.
>
> You never let up with your condescending language.
> Im posting it on a board for EVERYONE TO SEE.

nobody is interested.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: March 03, 2015 03:08AM

The Storm, if you have any pictures or wall hangings like that in your bedroom or work environment, I think you should rip them up and throw them in the trash. Don't look at such pictures. Erase them. Your bedroom should be peaceful. Art emits energy. People might think I sound silly for saying this, but I want to see you rise out of your funk.

Instead of artwork, what about having some nice houseplants around you? Just remember to water them.

Houseplants also minimize indoor air pollution:
[maison-orion.com]

If you spend time in a basement (I read on the forum that is where you spend some time), make sure you have good air circulation. If there is any mold, consider using an ozone machine only when you are not in the room.
My friend used this machine to get rid of the mold in her house:
[www.alpineairtechnologies.com]
I used it to get rid of paint smell in a week. But I learned never to be in the same room, while it is on.

Pay attention to your surroundings and see how you can making your environment healthier, including what you gaze upon and read. Make sure you get outside and breathe in fresh air daily.

Move your lymph:
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: March 03, 2015 05:12AM

STorm wroteL

And you all just Laugh and make Jokes about it.

Tai:
Not true. I see everyone trying to help you. Why don't you see it? Reminding you about indoor air quality is not a joke. Telling you to exercise is not a joke. (Vegan reggae is not a joke.) Telling you to stop looking at those carion pictures is not a joke.

Did you ever watch these two videos, Storm? Forgiveness was the first step in Lou's healing. The light being who instructed him to eat raw living food and abstain from flesh made him remember how when he was a boy he made a deathwish because he felt like he was suffering too much. He was made aware that the deathwish lay buried in him all those years...to the point where he was dying of asthma as a young man. So the being told him to forgive and bless all those people who ever hurt him. This was the basis of his healing. Yes the raw food was the cleanser, but step one was to forgive. Please listen:

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 03, 2015 05:48AM

You'll be back,it's the only place you get attention, as you desire...

Date: March 03, 2015 04:51PM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> Nobody actually tries to help. They just want to
> push their ideas that I have to mutilate myself,
> torture myself, .
>
> I'm done with this board.
>
> Screw it all.

Date: March 03, 2015 05:35PM

Thestorm can you make a youtube video explaining all this so we get it

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables