Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My sister ten years younger her whole head salt and pepper
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 01, 2015 10:54PM

My sister ten years younger her whole head is "salt and pepper" color.

HAIR COLOR mixed, lot of WHITE HAIR

and MINE NOT A SINGLE WHITE HAIR!!!

So there you go.

She smokes, eats BK, and works in a psych ward for disturbed children, poor woman had to get the flu shot or else get fired last year too.

Her whole head is white and black, salt and pepper and not a little bit but half half. She is ten years younger.

I have just black hair. I grew my true hair color out last year and it was black as midnight.

Been raw since 2003.

I cannot exactly take a photo of her roots, so you can see, they are bad. But I seen it myself and am telling the truth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2015 10:56PM by coconutcream.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My sister ten years younger her whole head salt and pepper
Posted by: persimmoncat ()
Date: March 02, 2015 06:15AM

Please do take photos of her roots! smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley

Date: March 02, 2015 07:20AM

I have to spend about 800$ to go see her. I knew I should have taken a photo. Its sensitive you know, she is family.

Date: March 02, 2015 08:35AM

Do it next time you get together! Pretend you slip with the camera or take it secretly when she doesnt notice

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 02, 2015 12:24PM

Please dont take her photo, too expensive, we believe you.
Raw life style is like being born again.
You cannot enter the kingdom of heaven life unless you are born again.

Posted by: janetc ()
Date: March 04, 2015 01:51PM

At the risk of sounding like the devil's advocate, I think stress also contributes to premature aging. It sounds like her job is very stressful. I do not know what your job entails, but perhaps your job is not as stressful as hers?

I go to Buddhist class every Sunday, and marvel at the calmness of the nuns. But I venture to guess that they do not have to deal with the everyday stressors of life like working people to - horrible traffic, long hours, etc. One of the nuns said it best: "I got rid of my stress by shaving my head."

While diet is frightfully important, I do not feel it is not the only indicator of premature aging. I have a high stress job, and my hair is getting grayer.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 04, 2015 02:02PM

I once met a woman who woke up one night to her husband (who was a soldier with post traumatic stress syndrome) stabbing her in the stomach. Every hair on her head went grey overnight. All coarse salt on the top and all smooth pepper at the bottom.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 04, 2015 04:21PM

How old are you? I am curious about this issue because I am 49. My hair is still pretty dark but definitely greying. Now I don't know if I would get a lovely salt and pepper mix ever because interestingly enough, my hair is more auburn than I ever thought it was. I read that melanin reduction is the culprit in less hair pigmentation as we age. You know how some kids can have white-blonde hair and when they get into their 20s it's like dishwater or straight-up brown? When I was a toddler my hair was reddish brown and got dark as a teen and since my 30s has gotten lighter with reddish undertones again. I have never dyed it.

Date: March 04, 2015 09:38PM

SUEZ NO. No man would do that to his wife, I mean maybe in the heat of a fight, but not while she is sleeping and he is cool headed..that is calculated evil and so wrong..I thought the hair was dead and if it went white overnight wouldnt her roots be what turns white?

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: March 04, 2015 10:02PM

coconutcream wrote:
SUEZ NO. No man would do that to his wife, I mean maybe in the heat of a fight, but not while she is sleeping and he is cool headed.

Tai:
My friend's boyfriend would sleepwalk and attack her at night, but was sweet in his waking life. The relationship did not last. Look at all the schizophrenic murderers.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 04, 2015 10:04PM

coconutcream Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SUEZ NO. No man would do that to his wife, I mean
> maybe in the heat of a fight, but not while she is
> sleeping and he is cool headed..that is calculated
> evil and so wrong..I thought the hair was dead and
> if it went white overnight wouldnt her roots be
> what turns white?

Coconutcream, unfortunately many who have been on the front line of wars never recover. I have known of several who wake up at night thinking they were in the midst of a battle with the enemy and beaten their sleeping wives and destroyed their bedrooms.

The woman I spoke of was a waitress who's spirit was totally broken about a year before I ran into her. Her eyes were deadened and she walked like a sleepwalking ghost. Simply heartbreaking.

Yes, her roots and the hair that had grown out grey (the salt) were about 6 inches and the hair that had grown before the incident (the pepper) was about six inches of growth below the grey. I actually saw her again pretty recently (for the first time in maybe 30 years) at a gas station, and her hair is now all grey of course. It was obvious from her countenance that she still hasn't recovered.

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: March 05, 2015 09:16AM

I'll be 37 on September this year and I do have gray hairs, not too many, they just sparkle here and there on my head. I do keep my hair very short, like boys do (my husband has even shorter hair), I like it that way. I don't mind the gray hairs, they look kind of cool smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Date: March 05, 2015 10:10AM

As Brtain Clement said, 50% of people on raw food diets will get gray hair and the other 50% won't. Alissa Cohen (raw fooder) always said that when she gets grays she takes raw juices for a few weeks and they all go away.

Sproutman has gray hair. Doug Graham has gray hair. Dr Flora has gray hair. I am getting gray hair. Big Johnny Rose has gray hair. We can drink green juice all day long, but it is not going to stop it for some people. I would LOVE to keep my natural colour, but it is not going to happen.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: March 05, 2015 06:14PM

Coconut Cream, I noticed you did not answer my question about age. At first I thought of adding "If you don't mind" and then I thought--what is the hang up? If you are looking so good, it should actually be proof that raw works so well. I didn't mean to put you on the spot but it doesn't really tell me anything to hear that your sis is 10 yrs. younger if I don't know how old you are. Perspective is everything. She could be 32 and you are 42. And I know a man in his 60s with jet black hair who eats meat and smokes like a chimney.

Date: March 06, 2015 12:04AM

By the way, the "you can't ask a woman her age or else it's rude" deal is just a meme. smiling smiley In other words, it's just something that people tell others is not polite but is not inherently so. I just saw that Angela Stokes-Monarch made a video for Matt's 40th birthday recently. Why is it that many men are not shy about saying how old they are and yet many women still hesitate to do the same. I admit that I don't broadcast it myself all the time because of other people's reaction, not my own issues regarding age.

Date: March 06, 2015 08:02AM

Salt and pepper jam and bread put your hands on your head

Date: March 06, 2015 04:20PM

YES BANANA WHO

I am in my forties. There. Not ashamed. I grew up. I lived like an eternal 23 year old for long enough. No more. No thank you. I want to be nested now. I want to date one man. I want to focus on healing people, and not the mirror or the scale. I do enjoy the mirror lately. I just dyed my eyebrows blue. They are so subtle you cannot tell unless you are looking closely. So I still have some style with the times.

I think when you feel good and feel sexy you are not ashamed of your age. Because it doesnt matter. When you are raw it doesnt matter, right guys?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2015 04:23PM by coconutcream.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 06, 2015 04:42PM

There is the chronological age and the biological age.
The chronological age is simple a record, a data point.
The biological age, we have control over that.
It is how we feel, how we live, and how were are perceived.
The better question should be: what is your biological age?
Maybe in the future there will be a machine that can run blood and other tests and tell us our biological age.
Then one could say last year I was 55 year old but this year after a year on raw food and the cleanse I am 45 year old.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2015 04:49PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: March 06, 2015 05:21PM

Coconut Cream, I have been toying with the idea of dyeing my hair but what stops me is that I don't want to resist this thing. I don't want to act as if aging is bad. Plus I saw this really cool chick with long dark hair and streaks of silver. I couldn't believe how great she looked--not matronly at all. It's also a hassle to have to dye your hair all the time, or so I've been told. I have never done it before.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables