Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Almonds treated with toxic chemicals
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: March 03, 2015 02:27PM

Careful where you get your nuts guys winking smiley

[eatlocalgrown.com]

"most of the almonds sold in the U.S. have been fumigated with propylene oxide, a chemical that even the CDC has admitted causes cancer"

Why can't they just leave our food alone? eye rolling smiley

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Almonds treated with toxic chemicals
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 04, 2015 09:39PM

The people that say almonds from California and Oregon are raw, are liars, but I wish I can support them. I want to buy unpasteurized almonds. I want to buy them. I do, I always do the ones from Spain or Italy, but why cant I support our own farmers?

REPEAL THE ALMOND KILLING ACT> Can't these farmers get together and sue, its what the people want. Why dont the people stand up, why doesnt every farmer at once unite and strike or something. WHY ARENT PEOPLE MAD?? WHAT IS WRONG WITH US?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2015 09:41PM by coconutcream.

Date: March 04, 2015 10:41PM

Best not to buy these nuts through the regular system or internet. Make friends with small nut farmers, people who buy directly from small farms and backyard people, and buy their nuts (I do).

I refuse to buy nuts from large business and farms because the distribution system is all corrupted by greedy middle men who serve little purpose but to profit from selling over priced unpasteurized and toxic nuts and who never give the public straight answers. Don't support these profiteers...do your homework and find trustworthy sources who are worthy of support. The Australian nut industry is also hyjacked by greedy grubs who ruin the food supply, so bypass them and give your business to people far more deserving.

Never support fast talking middle men from the nut industry, they are the worst in my experience.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: March 04, 2015 10:51PM

This is who you want to support, salt of the Earth folks who are NOT greedy.....people who love helping other people who offer a fair price and help others for free if need be. These people are also into bartering and against `the system'.

Salt of the Earth folks. When their goats get sick they even sleep in the barn with them when the temperiture gets to zero at night to make sure they are all safe. They even give me fresh tree picked fruit to take home when l visit.

Chestnut trees (they also sell hazel nuts)

The goats eat the weeds so no chemicals are used on the farm.

Certainly better than supporting greedy evasive people from `the system'. Some of the nut folks are really beautiful people.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2015 10:53PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 04, 2015 11:08PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> [i19.photobucket.com]
> %207/Nut%20Farm%20-%20merry%206_zpsc6xuud9p.jpg

> The goats eat the weeds so no chemicals are used
> on the farm.
> [i19.photobucket.com]
> %207/Nut%20Farm%20-%20merry%204_zps6f0uheis.jpg

Oops. Don't put goats in with trees who's trunks haven't been protected from them or the trees will be killed.

Please warn them, TSM, or that one to the back far right is the next goner.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables