Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Natural treatment for lung cancer
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: March 20, 2015 03:58PM

NuNativs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lung Cancer Cured

great story.

when he went back to US to tell his doctors, they were all dead.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2015 03:59PM by fresh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 20, 2015 08:06PM

There is no reason to believe that 10 doctors diagnosed a poor manual laborer, Stammatis Moraitis, in the US, with lung cancer from an X-ray in 1976. This is the stuff of tall tales which too many people fall for without having any verification whatsoever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2015 08:07PM by SueZ.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: March 20, 2015 08:35PM

I've seen quite a few pieces covering this guy, including he appeared on the show "The Wonder List" I mentioned in the other thread and he told the "tale" himself, it's legit.

Date: March 20, 2015 08:51PM

NuNativs Wrote:
> I've seen quite a few pieces covering this guy,
> including he appeared on the show "The Wonder
> List" I mentioned in the other thread and he told
> the "tale" himself, it's legit.

That means absolutely nothing. There aren't nearly as many cut and paste pieces covering this guy as covered Belle Gibson. That meant absolutely nothing, too.

Had this guy's story been from 1876 instead of 1976 it would be more understandable that he didn't have any documentation of his "lung cancer" diagnosis. Remember this guy even disputes the official documentation of his birth.

If the documentary people could get their hands on his antique birth records they certainly could have researched his hospital records in the US from 1976. Where is the proof? Nothing I can find on the web.Face it - we are all being taken for rubes that just fell off the turnip truck. It's time to say enough is enough. We should demand proof when it should be so easily obtained (if there is any) as in this case.

Date: March 20, 2015 09:06PM

OK, the health cop Suez has spoken. I'm sure you would poo poo the case of Anita Moorjani which is well documented, advanced stage 4 cancer disappears in days. No diet changes, just an emotional/mental one.

The question is, WHY would you downplay these events? Oh that's right, you're an internet shill winking smiley

Anita Moorjani

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2015 09:06PM by NuNativs.

Date: March 20, 2015 09:15PM

NuNativs Wrote:
> OK, the health cop Suez has spoken. I'm sure you
> would poo poo the case of Anita Moorjani which is
> well documented, advanced stage 4 cancer
> disappears in days. No diet changes, just an
> emotional/mental one.

I will read of her case. I am a big believer in (and fan of) the placebo effect, BTW. I also am a believer in (and fan of) miracles.

>
> The question is, WHY would you downplay these
> events?

Hey, I only hate people faking stuff that misleads and tricks people. If they are real we can and should be provided with evidence. If we stop accepting everything like rubes that just fell off the turnip truck maybe the journalism bar can be raised into the realm of the believable.

Posted by: KFCA ()
Date: March 21, 2015 12:20AM

I wholeheartedly agree with you SuzE. That 10 cancer doctors gave this guy his alleged diagnosis, and that when he returned to the US, they were amazingly all dead? Makes a Cute Story, But. People Lie A Lot. A few years ago I was reading a newspaper interview with a researcher in the Los Angeles area who was associated with an institute that does longevity studies. As an aside, he said that first they had to eliminate the prospective study subjects who claimed to be at least 100 years old. When they did extensive background checks on them, a fair number of them were no more than 80-85 years old. Don't know WHY they thought the researchers would just take their word for their ages---I guess being part of a "research study" was pretty "heady" for some people who likely didn't get much attention paid to them in real life.

But even major media sources can "fall off the turnip truck" when they don't do their homework. OR, maybe more frequently, the story is SO Amazing, why mess with it if it sells copies. Always have, always will. And people fall for it because they not only WANT To Believe, they NEED To Believe. If anyone wants to hear, I'll tell my recently uncovered "Jack LaLanne Story" as a perfect example.

Date: March 21, 2015 12:36AM

just because he said my doctors were dead doesn't mean he visited with all of his doctors.

story may or may not be true but you're making a big deal out of the doctors.

Date: March 21, 2015 01:16AM

KFCA said:
" If anyone wants to hear, I'll tell my recently uncovered "Jack LaLanne Story" as a perfect example."

Definitely want to hear this one, bring it on!

I'm not one to swallow everything someone says mind you, like TSM's "enlightenment" for instance, I take it all with a grain of sea salt. I think it's good to have an open mind, not TOO gullible, not TOO sceptical.

Viktoras, king of sprouts said if we followed a sprout diet we would achieve physical immortality which I believed in my twenties as I choked down those sprouted beans.

The Icaria people have been well documented and there is something unique going on there as well as the other "Blue Zones". The guy in question seems legit to me, who knows...

Date: March 21, 2015 01:19AM

KFCA Wrote:
> I wholeheartedly agree with you SuzE. That 10
> cancer doctors gave this guy his alleged
> diagnosis, and that when he returned to the US,
> they were amazingly all dead? Makes a Cute Story,
> But. People Lie A Lot. A few years ago I was
> reading a newspaper interview with a researcher in
> the Los Angeles area who was associated with an
> institute that does longevity studies. As an
> aside, he said that first they had to eliminate
> the prospective study subjects who claimed to be
> at least 100 years old. When they did extensive
> background checks on them, a fair number of them
> were no more than 80-85 years old. Don't know WHY
> they thought the researchers would just take their
> word for their ages---I guess being part of a
> "research study" was pretty "heady" for some
> people who likely didn't get much attention paid
> to them in real life.
>
> But even major media sources can "fall off the
> turnip truck" when they don't do their homework.
> OR, maybe more frequently, the story is SO
> Amazing, why mess with it if it sells copies.
> Always have, always will. And people fall for it
> because they not only WANT To Believe, they NEED
> To Believe.

You know, KFCA, I've been thinking lately that it may be even worse than people needing to believe ...

If anyone wants to hear, I'll tell my
> recently uncovered "Jack LaLanne Story" as a
> perfect example.

Please do tell!!! Jack LaLanne was before my interest timeline and no one seems to mention him around here so I only associate him with a mediocre juicer and I don't think people will get too broken hearted to hear his real story - especially those who bought his juicer.

Obviously we need a lot of lessons. We've been badly duped so often it's embarrassing.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: March 21, 2015 01:56AM

NuNativs wrote:
Viktoras, king of sprouts said if we followed a sprout diet we would achieve physical immortality which I believed in my twenties as I choked down those sprouted beans.

Tai:
Where does he say that? In the 21st century book?

Date: March 21, 2015 02:41AM

Tai:
Where does he say that? In the 21st century book?

I bought all of Viktoras' material in my twenties as well as Hotema, Lovewisdom and others. There was a company called OManGod Press that published his material and others. They used lines like, "Be a youth at 600" and so on.

I was a distributor for Celltech algae in its heyday, and had many VCR taped lectures of Viktoras where he went on and on about how we were the generation of physical rejuvination and physical immortality. Fast forward his wife dies of colon cancer and he can't even repair his eyesight...

Lovewisdom promised physical immortality too, through strict fruit/green diet and abstinance from ALL sexual activity as he taught sex=death heavily influenced by Hotem's writings. I embraced that philosophy too and wound up with a guilt/shame complex at the time as I tried to purify myself of sexual desire. He taught in great detail which foods produce passion and what to eat to avoid it.

Well Lovewisdom did not achieve anything close to immortality despite moving to the Andes to escape all polution, never having sex, being extremely "spiritual" meditating constantly and doing 6 and 9 month long fasts. He died at age 81 in extremely poor condition, Cousens thinks it was B-12 deficiency, but who knows.

This is why I'm a bit jaded about all these strict "theories" that have just not panned out. If physical immortality is to happen, I don't think diet alone is the answer. I am also acquainted with the Babaji material and the theories of physical immortality which I find interesting...

Date: March 21, 2015 02:54AM

what happened to vk eyesight, and is he blind now?

Date: March 21, 2015 12:44PM

Did Victoras practice and advocate the Bates Method exercise of sun gazing?

Date: March 21, 2015 01:37PM

I'm not sure the particulars of VK's eyesite, but I know he can't see well.

He never mentioned sungazing. I do remember ridiculous advice like "Eat half a peach and get some sun, that's a satisfying meal", which I would do to the letter until I weighed 120 pounds then I'd binge...

Date: March 21, 2015 02:10PM

NuNativs Wrote:
> I'm not sure the particulars of VK's eyesite, but
> I know he can't see well.
>
> He never mentioned sungazing. I do remember
> ridiculous advice like "Eat half a peach and get
> some sun, that's a satisfying meal", which I would
> do to the letter until I weighed 120 pounds then
> I'd binge...

I just pulled this from his retreat site list of "Topics that will be covered
Fueled by Unconditional Love"

"Breatharianism, Sun-gazing and Yoga Techniques"

Maybe he just talks it about these subjects, though. He doesn't say on the site what is actually necessary for participants to do to 'earn' his "*Youthing Certification*"

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: March 21, 2015 07:56PM

NuNativs wrote:
Fast forward his wife dies of colon cancer

Tai:
Were they married and living together when this happened?

Date: March 21, 2015 09:36PM

Tai:
Were they married and living together when this happened?

Youkta

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 22, 2015 01:23PM

Vihara Youkta, wife of Viktoras Kulvinskas, ascended peacefully, and gracefully in the company of loved ones on Oct. 16th, 2007.

Ms. Youkta lived the raw food lifestyle for over 3 decades. She was a beautiful successful Woman, and very talented accomplished yogini and dancer. Ms Vihara, unfortunately neglected to have the symptoms from which she had been suffering for more than a year diagnosed until her condition was irreversible. A life of ongoing stress will cause distress to the body irregardless of ones lifestyle. The recent stress of moving to Costa Rica, and loss of a loved one, exacerbated her condition rapidly. Like Viktoras, Youkta also survived some extreme abuse and suffering in her childhood which no doubt took an early toll on her overall well-being.

We celebrate Youkta's life and the fact that it ended in the perfect divine time. We are reminded that death spares no one.
[rawlivingfoods.typepad.com]

The only rawfood guru who lived long and died healthy was Norman Walker and the reason may be that he paid attention to colon health [debbietookrawforlife.blogspot.com]

We keep forgetting that the most important element is not the food but the condition of the digestive system and the assimilation of the food by the body.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2015 01:32PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: March 22, 2015 01:32PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
> > Vihara Youkta, wife of Viktoras Kulvinskas,
> ascended peacefully, and gracefully in the company
> of loved ones on Oct. 16th, 2007.
>
> Ms. Youkta lived the raw food lifestyle for over 3
> decades. She was a beautiful successful Woman, and
> very talented accomplished yogini and dancer. Ms
> Vihara, unfortunately neglected to have the
> symptoms from which she had been suffering for
> more than a year diagnosed until her condition was
> irreversible. A life of ongoing stress will cause
> distress to the body irregardless of ones
> lifestyle. The recent stress of moving to Costa
> Rica, and loss of a loved one, exacerbated her
> condition rapidly. Like Viktoras, Youkta also
> survived some extreme abuse and suffering in her
> childhood which no doubt took an early toll on her
> overall well-being.
>
> We celebrate Youkta's life and the fact that it
> ended in the perfect divine time. We are reminded
> that death spares no one.
> [rawlivingfoods.typepad.com]
> -youkta-w.html

I saw bit of a video wherein vk blamed his wife's death partially on her being judgmental and partially on her having small earlobes. I didn't watch much more of the video than that snippet, though, so I can't say any more about his personal "analysis".

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: March 22, 2015 06:55PM

Thank you SueZ, Panchito and Banana Who for your kind words, I'll keep you updated on my dad's recovery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Date: April 04, 2015 09:19AM

I have good news about my dad, he is recovering wonderfully, eating well, walking, going to church, sleeping well, not coughing that much, breathing better. Him and my mom are drinking lots of fresh raw juices and eating lots of raw salads. Since it's Lent, they're not consuming any animal products, my mom told me that my dad isn't even in the mood for eating meat, his body doesn't want meat. And no sugar either. They are still debating whether or not he should have preventive chemotherapy to kill the possible cancer cells remaining in his body. They don't want to go through chemotherapy just as a preventive measure, but at the same time they don't wanna take any chances. I told my mom that I wouldn't do chemotherapy, but I would rather focus on the raw juices and fruits/veggies, if not even going fully raw. And never consume animal products once Lent is over next week. And forget about the chemotherapy. I hope they follow my advice, though they are still scared/concerned about the possible cancer cells still in the body, they feel the risk too heavy on them...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: April 04, 2015 10:33PM

I see in an above statement that Norman Walker "lived long and died healthy". The first part is true as 99 is pretty old, though not unusual, for a male in the late 20th Century. The second part is unknown and may not be true.

When I did my Bio sketch on Walker for Chet Day's health website several years back---I think it was eventually called "Norman Walker Really died at 99" & is still accessible at Day's site---I had an email exchange with a person who talked to a close relative of MRS. Walker after Norman's death, and she said Walker was in very shakey health at his death, but she (the relative) was not willing to go on public record on this allegation. So this "whether or not" was never included in the Bio.

Sometime after my Walker Bio was published, I got an unsolicited email from a person who claimed to be the great-nephew of Walker via Walker's sister, Elizabeth. I believe this was in fact the case as he knew many facts on the Walker Family that I ferreted out but never published as they were inconsequential to the main story. I noticed though that when I tried on at least two occasions to get the true status of Walker's health at his death, he clammed up & didn't answer which was not the case in other questions I asked.

In the end, both items cited above left me with the feeling that like Walker's purported age at death of between 109 & 119, his deathbed health was also mythic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2015 10:48PM by KFCA.

Posted by: lioness ()
Date: April 05, 2015 02:57AM

Hi Ela,
Check out the Harmonic Quad. Cancer is a fungus. My naturopath recently told me about the guy who invented the harmonic quad years ago, put all his patients who had cancer on it.. It kills viruses and fungus. It's just two metal rods you hold for a period of time. I did it in my naturopath's office for 15 min. I didn't feel a thing we I was doing it. But I had been coming down with a bad cold.. bronchitis, in fact, and it was gone by the time I left her office. Completely .. Anyway, the guy who invented it - He did a study with a number of cancer patients. His success/cure rate?? 100%. 100% of the individuals who used this harmonic quad thing we're completely cured. His study and all his info, etc., was squashed by the other doctors at that time, of course. Look it up.. sorry I don't know more details. I'm planning on buying one.. I believe they run about 350. But no, I'm not selling anything and I do not know anyone who is. Just letting you know the info my holistic practitioner told me.. All the very best to your dad. He is in my prayers.. Morgan

Date: April 05, 2015 03:54AM

The Harmonic Quad "Zapper" was invented by James R. Overman, N.D., who died on May 18, 2012 at the rather young age of 70, cause, at least per his newspaper obituary, unknown. His place of death was Millersburg, Ohio. I'll have to look further into his cause of death, and maybe why his Zapper didn't save him. I'd sure wait before I spent $350, but your call.

Date: April 08, 2015 01:25PM

Thank you, Morgan and KFCA. I'll look it up, but I guess that $350 is kind of pricey for my parents right now...at least from what I know, considering all the surgery expenses and all. I'll read about it to see exactly what it is, I never heard of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 08, 2015 03:24PM

SueZ Wrote:
> RawPracticalist Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > > Vihara Youkta, wife of Viktoras Kulvinskas,
> > ascended peacefully, and gracefully in the
> company
> > of loved ones on Oct. 16th, 2007.
> >
> > Ms. Youkta lived the raw food lifestyle for over
> 3
> > decades. She was a beautiful successful Woman,
> and
> > very talented accomplished yogini and dancer.
> Ms
> > Vihara, unfortunately neglected to have the
> > symptoms from which she had been suffering for
> > more than a year diagnosed until her condition
> was
> > irreversible. A life of ongoing stress will
> cause
> > distress to the body irregardless of ones
> > lifestyle. The recent stress of moving to Costa
> > Rica, and loss of a loved one, exacerbated her
> > condition rapidly. Like Viktoras, Youkta also
> > survived some extreme abuse and suffering in
> her
> > childhood which no doubt took an early toll on
> her
> > overall well-being.
> >
> > We celebrate Youkta's life and the fact that it
> > ended in the perfect divine time. We are
> reminded
> > that death spares no one.
> >
> [rawlivingfoods.typepad.com]
>
> > -youkta-w.html
>
> I saw bit of a video wherein vk blamed his wife's
> death partially on her being judgmental and
> partially on her having small earlobes. I didn't
> watch much more of the video than that snippet,
> though, so I can't say any more about his personal
> "analysis".

LOL!

Date: April 09, 2015 11:36AM

Great news again. So far, my mom told me that she and my dad decided to not take the route of chemotherapy, but focus on veggies. She didn't mention a vegan diet, but a vegetarian diet with a lot of raw food (meaning raw fruits/veggies/juices I guess). I do hope they don't want to include animal products like the regular vegetarian diet with dairy/eggs/maybe fish. They will go to the 30 days check-up after Easter and talk to the doctor. I told her to ask the doctor if he knows or how he feels about a vegan diet, mostly or fully raw. She said that they need to see to what extent they can adapt to this vegetarian diet, if my dad is able to do it, as he will have to work again, in order to have money for everything. I told them that a vegan diet mostly or all raw isn't hard to follow, once his body will adapt and he will establish a routine, and after going through some detox as well, which is a necessary step to a better health (if not treated with medication).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: April 10, 2015 08:14AM

KFCA Wrote:
> I see in an above statement that Norman Walker
> "lived long and died healthy". The first part is
> true as 99 is pretty old, though not unusual, for
> a male in the late 20th Century. The second part
> is unknown and may not be true.
>
> When I did my Bio sketch on Walker for Chet Day's
> health website several years back---I think it was
> eventually called "Norman Walker Really died at
> 99" & is still accessible at Day's site---I had an
> email exchange with a person who talked to a close
> relative of MRS. Walker after Norman's death, and
> she said Walker was in very shakey health at his
> death, but she (the relative) was not willing to
> go on public record on this allegation. So this
> "whether or not" was never included in the Bio.
>
> Sometime after my Walker Bio was published, I got
> an unsolicited email from a person who claimed to
> be the great-nephew of Walker via Walker's sister,
> Elizabeth. I believe this was in fact the case as
> he knew many facts on the Walker Family that I
> ferreted out but never published as they were
> inconsequential to the main story. I noticed
> though that when I tried on at least two occasions
> to get the true status of Walker's health at his
> death, he clammed up & didn't answer which was not
> the case in other questions I asked.
>
> In the end, both items cited above left me with
> the feeling that like Walker's purported age at
> death of between 109 & 119, his deathbed health
> was also mythic.

You are making a great point.
Health gurus who published books and have told the world how their system will get us healthy
and live a long life should allow in their will their family to make public their health condition at death.

Walker may have done many things right but they could have been few others that were missed
and could be improved on by the next generation if we knew how he died.
Their close family members know but keep the secret and continue to profit from the books the guru wrote.
Just like the health conditions of Ann Wigmore at death are not known.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2015 08:19AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: April 18, 2015 03:25PM

BTW, don't know if anybody was aware, but ?Dr.? Norman Walker spent a couple of years in one of New York's prisons in the early 193ties due to a scam he ran. My genealogy contact with access to the NY Times Archives found a series of six articles on him & his business partner the newspaper published circa 1933; his business partner, though also arrested & put on trial, was eventually exonerated by the Judge, but Norman went to prison. I then requested more info on this event from the City of New York, and they sent me about 30 copies of various court documents from back in that day on the District Attorney's case. At the time I had the email conversations with Walker's great nephew, I wasn't yet aware of Norman's "situation", so I don't know if he was aware of it either. Many Family Secrets get well buried.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables