Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I'm on low-fat for now
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 12, 2015 08:25PM

For the last week I've been eating a low fat raw vegan diet, usually eating 5% fat. I have to say I feel quite great compared to the moderate to high fat I was eating before (30% - 50% fat). My sense of smell has improved, I began smelling more things right away. I had a few days of detox and needing extra sleep, but not much detox.

During my time on the high fat diet, I was getting some puffy inflammed skin under my eyes. This has been clearing up ever since eating low fat.

Also, I have much more energy with this diet.

Its funny how as my energy slowly declined on the high fat diet, and my health sort of slowly eroded away, I forgot was it felt like to be low fat. And now that I can feel it again, it all feels familiar.

I am planning to visit my mom down in the San Francisco bay area, and I will probably be eating a some raw restaurants down there, and I won't hold back on eating fat. Since I'll have been eating 5% for nearly a 1.5 weeks, a few high fat days will average out to 10% fat or less. My only concern is if I eat a few days of high fat, will I be able to return to my low fat regimen? We shall see smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm on low-fat for now
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: March 12, 2015 08:38PM

Good luck man, probably the proper diet for Spring anyways, fats are for the cold time of year, everything cycles...

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 12, 2015 08:58PM

Prana I have super duper raw energy and I been eating spirulina for a week now, every day.

I wish you the best of luck, tell us how it goes. Without all those sundried olives...mmm--- Durian? No, not allowed! No raw cookies!

LOVE

I am eating the juiciest avocado right now. Its a haas. Like orgasmic. I squeeze the skin together and it squishes out.

You must be living with the tibetans. Ground yourself! When non raw vegans walk by, be careful, no eye contact! You will be too pure!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2015 09:02PM by coconutcream.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 12, 2015 09:09PM

I didn't know you had started eating moderate/higher fat. When did you start doing that?

Date: March 13, 2015 06:06AM

Utopian Life, I think I was eating high fat full time starting around 2 years ago. Before that, I was eating high fat during the cold months only, and eating low fat during summer and fall. Also, around 2 years ago, a raw restaurant opened up in my small town, increasing my gourmet raw intake.

But now, I am going to play in low fat for a while. Its feeling real good right now.

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: March 14, 2015 08:26PM

Prana, thank you for sharing your experience, it's very useful.
I think that once you experienced (again) the great benefits of low-fat, it will be easy for you to return to low-fat after a few high-fat days, if that's where you want to be, at this point of your journey.
I'm looking forward to your future experience with low-fat as opposed to high-fat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: March 14, 2015 11:08PM

Prana, I used to think that you are on a fruit based diet. Was I wrong to assume that?

By the way, I doubt anyone is able to estimate their true fat % accurately without the use of serious science tools.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: March 14, 2015 11:32PM

Yes, I was on a fruit based diet, but with no fat limitations. The fat came from avocados, nuts and seeds. The bulk of the calories came from fruit, however, eating 1 avocado a day really increases one's fat intake. But I did indulge in raw vegan snacks from the health food store, and an occasional meal at the raw vegan restaurants.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: March 14, 2015 11:43PM

Prana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, I was on a fruit based diet, but with no fat
> limitations. The fat came from avocados, nuts and
> seeds. The bulk of the calories came from fruit,
> however, eating 1 avocado a day really increases
> one's fat intake. But I did indulge in raw vegan
> snacks from the health food store, and an
> occasional meal at the raw vegan restaurants.

did you ever read 801010?

Date: March 14, 2015 11:44PM

Yes, I did read it when it first came out. Why do you ask?

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: March 14, 2015 11:50PM

Prana Wrote:
> Yes, I did read it when it first came out. Why do
> you ask?

there were a lot of stories and warnings about the problems that people had on high fat and fruit.

but i suppose you probably felt good enough and the tradeoff was worth it for a while..

can you say what raw restaurants you go to?

pure food and wine closed down recently in NY and not very gracefully, not paying employees...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2015 11:52PM by fresh.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 15, 2015 03:08AM

Pure food didnt pay employees? Why should they, its an honor to learn raw vegan recipes. I had to pay 5 grand just to be an apprentice in a raw vegan retreat. I would work there for free anyday. JUST LET ME EAT SOME RAW FOOD!!! I will juice lemons all night long!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2015 03:09AM by coconutcream.

Date: March 15, 2015 05:19AM

I am visiting my mom this weekend in the SF bay area, and I went to Pena Pachamama in San Francisco, that serves both vegan and raw vegan dishes. I had a lovely time there tonight and thoroughly enjoyed my raw vegan sampler plate that included a slice of raw pizza, a raw coconut bacon BLT sandwich made with a raw pumpernickel bread, and a raw taco made with a corn torilla, which came with a side of salad and kale chips and two raw cacao macaroons. As an extra, I also got a raw empanada.

Date: March 15, 2015 05:21AM

coconutcream, I guess Pure Food needed to only hire financially independent people who didn't need money to pay their bills!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 15, 2015 08:14AM

<<Pure food didnt pay employees? Why should they, its an honor to learn raw vegan recipes. I had to pay 5 grand just to be an apprentice in a raw vegan retreat. I would work there for free anyday. JUST LET ME EAT SOME RAW FOOD!!! I will juice lemons all night long!>>

any employer ought to pay their employees... that is what it means to be an employer and an employee

you get paid for your service
period

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: March 16, 2015 09:24AM

Good to hear that you heart fruit, Prana.
smiling smiley

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 16, 2015 05:02PM

Prana Wrote:
> For the last week I've been eating a low fat raw
> vegan diet, usually eating 5% fat. I have to say I
> feel quite great compared to the moderate to high
> fat I was eating before (30% - 50% fat). My sense
> of smell has improved, I began smelling more
> things right away. I had a few days of detox and
> needing extra sleep, but not much detox.
>
> During my time on the high fat diet, I was getting
> some puffy inflammed skin under my eyes. This has
> been clearing up ever since eating low fat.
>
> Also, I have much more energy with this diet.
>
> Its funny how as my energy slowly declined on the
> high fat diet, and my health sort of slowly eroded
> away, I forgot was it felt like to be low fat. And
> now that I can feel it again, it all feels
> familiar.
>
> I am planning to visit my mom down in the San
> Francisco bay area, and I will probably be eating
> a some raw restaurants down there, and I won't
> hold back on eating fat. Since I'll have been
> eating 5% for nearly a 1.5 weeks, a few high fat
> days will average out to 10% fat or less. My only
> concern is if I eat a few days of high fat, will I
> be able to return to my low fat regimen? We shall
> see smiling smiley

I don't get it. So you were eating 50% fat and now are doing 5%? What about an in-between amount? Why does it have to be one extreme or the other? How about 10-25%?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables