Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Wellness Guru Belle Gibson Accused of Faking Cancer Battle to Promote Her Lifestyle App and Book
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 14, 2015 03:50AM

Well thank goodness this one is just a non dairy eating vegetarian and not raw vegan - although her made up backstory looks suspiciously like she's just studied and copied the standard raw vegan guru "formula for $ucce$$".

"A spokesperson for the publisher told the Daily Mail that no proof of her illnesses was sought prior to publishing.

“We did not feel this was necessary as The Whole Pantry is a collection of food recipes, which Penguin has published in good faith,” she said.

“We are concerned about the questions raised in recent days – we’ll discuss them with Belle as ultimately only she can answer the questions.”

On Wednesday a Penguin spokeswoman told Guardian Australia: “We have no further comment to make at this time.”

This week, questions were raised about thousands of dollars in charity donations promised by Gibson off the back of money raised through the book and app, with The Whole Pantry admitting this week it had “cashflow problems,” and that the donations were never made.

But doubt has also been cast over Gibson’s cancer claims.

Gibson last year said she had been diagnosed with cancers of the liver, kidney, uterus, spleen and blood.

But she admitted in an interview with the Australian that those cancers may have been misdiagnosed by a German magnetic therapy “doctor”, who she refused to name.

Gibson maintains her diagnosis of brain cancer was accurate, but posts about her multiple heart surgeries, seizures and other cancers have been deleted over the past week, along with her social media accounts.

A former friend of Gibson’s told Guardian Australia that she had distanced herself from her after realising there was “something off” about her health claims.

“She was really into everything anti-medicine, including the anti-vaccination movement,” she said.

“She was very vague about her history and claimed she was estranged from both of her parents.

“I distanced myself from her after realising something was a bit off. She also lied to me about her age and claimed to be much older than she is." ...

[www.theguardian.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2015 03:54AM by SueZ.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wellness Guru Belle Gibson Accused of Faking Cancer Battle to Promote Her Lifestyle App and Book
Date: March 14, 2015 04:11AM

Just four short months ago it seemed she was on the fast track to be a superstar guru. She seems to have fooled an awfully lot of people with her incredible story...

[www.news.com.au]

Re: Wellness Guru Belle Gibson Accused of Faking Cancer Battle to Promote Her Lifestyle App and Book
Date: March 14, 2015 04:20AM

From the above posted link - this tidbit includes my favorite Bella quote so far...

TWP’s official hook-up with the brand is a major coup, but Gibson doesn’t see it that way — she’s more interested in helping people become healthier and happier.

“I believe that people are here to be teachers,” she says. “And I know that I defied so many universal and life rules for a reason.”

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: March 14, 2015 04:33AM

this girl didn't lie about cancer

More than anything I want the blog to show how easy and delicious healthy food is – it’s so much more than bland salads and iceberg lettuce! It’s all about sumptuous desserts, delicious dips, raw treats and rainbow bowls of incredible veggies, all made with nature’s most natural ingredients. Everything here will nurture and love your body, leaving you feeling incredible. This way of eating is absolutely not about deprivation and starvation but instead it’s about embracing a positive, healthy way of life! Take a look at my food philosophy for more on all the awesome benefits of this lifestyle.

[deliciouslyella.com]

Date: March 14, 2015 04:43AM

"Tech giant Apple and publishing house Penguin are facing a wave of criticism after revelations their author and app-developer Belle Gibson's cancer survival story may have been embellished.

And next month's overseas release of The Whole Pantry recipe book is now in doubt, with major US publisher Simon & Schuster confirming it will investigate Ms Gibson's biography and charitable donations.

Customers who purchased the top-rating food app and recipe book in Australia have demanded refunds after serious inaccuracies were found in the story Ms Gibson has used to build her business.

Penguin and Apple are heavily invested in The Whole Pantry brand, with Apple previously flying Ms Gibson to the US to work in secret on the new Apple Watch." ...

Apparently Bella missed an crucial clue in the self proclaimed health guru shortcut to success formula - self publish.

Date: March 14, 2015 05:16AM

According to her "friend" Bella has fled her home country ...

"Neither Ms Gibson nor her companies are lawfully registered as fundraisers. Consumer Affairs Victoria said organisations found to misrepresent fundraising events could be in breach of criminal and consumer law. Companies face penalties of up to $28,000, while individuals risk 12 months' jail and a $14,000 fine.

Ms Gibson said money from the two fundraisers "sat with the company finances, which were a mess". She also said The Whole Pantry was running at a loss and that profit margins had been overestimated.

"We have not yet donated the naive, yet confident amount of $300,000, considering the very quickly [arising] issues with cash flow versus growth, providing content, managing external expectations," she said.

Confirmed donations from Ms Gibson and her business total about $7000.

"It was with nothing but good intention that we publicised that a percentage of profit from the app will be donated to charity. The intentions always were and still are to give back. The execution of this has obviously been flawed."

She said she intended to support the nominated causes "when the cash-flow management is stabilised".

A spokeswoman for one of the charities said: "You don't take charitable funds and put it into the cash flow of your own business".

[www.smh.com.au]

Date: March 14, 2015 07:13PM

fresh, good, I'm glad you found someone who didn't say she had cancer to promote anything. She should be fine unless when she graduates from that school she is going to she starts calling herself a doctor.

I wish her well.

Date: March 14, 2015 07:40PM

I wonder if she took her kid with her in her mad dash ...

" Cancer scam: 'Give us our money back'"

..."Close friends told Daily Mail Australia on Wednesday that Ms Gibson may have left for the United States. Police visited her home on Tuesday night to check on her welfare, but she was not there.

Multiple calls to Ms Gibson's mobile rang out."

[www.nzherald.co.nz]

Date: March 15, 2015 08:04PM

Boy oh boy, this young woman has really dug her own grave. Here's a link with an embedded video of her talking just before people caught up with what her parents seemed to have figured out about their spawn.

"The ride hasn't been easy. Along with her health troubles, she no longer speaks to her parents.

"When I was first diagnosed - my mother fell into complete denial and fear and I had to let go of that relationship". "

[www.theage.com.au]

Date: March 16, 2015 04:34PM

I not surprised, and I hope no one else is, that she is really up to date on the modern guru scam artist formula. Now she is playing the bully card ...

" On Friday night Ms Gibson hit back in a rambling Facebook post, sarcastically encouraging her followers to speak to the media if they needed to because "it says more about you, and your priorities than me or the story you'll get paid to tell".

Ms Gibson, who wrote of being "bullied to my death", went on to defend the work of The Whole Pantry.

In another post she said those who had spoken publicly about her were "knowingly contributing to the blatant attacking and bullying of myself and my family"."

She does seem to be looking ahead, though, with this standard criminal defense lawyer speak self serving shovel everything under rug crapola ...

"I know the work my company and it's [sic] contents did changed hundreds of thousands for the better," she wrote."

[www.theage.com.au]

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 16, 2015 05:54PM

SueZ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> From the above posted link - this tidbit includes
> my favorite Bella quote so far...
>
> TWP’s official hook-up with the brand is a major
> coup, but Gibson doesn’t see it that way —
> she’s more interested in helping people become
> healthier and happier.
>
> “I believe that people are here to be
> teachers,” she says. “And I know that I defied
> so many universal and life rules for a reason.”

Is this your organization, Zeus? winking smiley
[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2015 05:54PM by banana who.

Date: March 16, 2015 07:03PM

SueZ Wrote:
> "Tech giant Apple and publishing house Penguin are
> facing a wave of criticism after revelations their
> author and app-developer Belle Gibson's cancer
> survival story may have been embellished.
>
> And next month's overseas release of The Whole
> Pantry recipe book is now in doubt, with major US
> publisher Simon & Schuster confirming it will
> investigate Ms Gibson's biography and charitable
> donations.
>
> Customers who purchased the top-rating food app
> and recipe book in Australia have demanded refunds
> after serious inaccuracies were found in the story
> Ms Gibson has used to build her business.
>
> Penguin and Apple are heavily invested in The
> Whole Pantry brand, with Apple previously flying
> Ms Gibson to the US to work in secret on the new
> Apple Watch." ...
>
>
> Apparently Bella missed an crucial clue in the
> self proclaimed health guru shortcut to success
> formula - self publish.

Penguin is pulling her books from the shelves.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

They have also stopped printing her book.

[www.abc.net.au]

Posted by: KFCA ()
Date: March 16, 2015 08:35PM

From my wading through the Health & Wellness Guru stories for the past 10 years, with ?Dr.? Norman W. Walker being the first of several, nothing surprising here as to authenticity. They ALL seem to have one foot in the grave, then metamorphosis through some system they sell to the public, then wealth & a big ego trip. It'll be really interesting to see how this particular story plays out.

Date: March 16, 2015 09:03PM

KFCA Wrote:
> From my wading through the Health & Wellness Guru
> stories for the past 10 years, with ?Dr.? Norman
> W. Walker being the first of several, nothing
> surprising here as to authenticity. They ALL seem
> to have one foot in the grave, then metamorphosis
> through some system they sell to the public, then
> wealth & a big ego trip. It'll be really
> interesting to see how this particular story plays
> out.

But this one's going to take the cake. Her 15 minutes of fame are almost up before stopwatch started counting.

Date: March 16, 2015 09:10PM

Belle Gibson's US book launch gets the proverbial big red inked cancelled stamp.

"Belle Gibson's overseas book launch has been officially scrapped amid concerns the Melbourne author faked having cancer and withheld thousands of dollars in charitable donations.

Atria Books, an imprint of publishing giant Simon & Schuster, has told Fairfax Media it is immediately dumping its deal with Ms Gibson and will scuttle all existing orders for The Whole Pantry.

The popular cook book was due to be released in US book stores next month.

"Our decision was made upon the failure of the author to provide clarification for numerous allegations concerning her biography and charitable endeavours," Atria Books publicity director Paul Olsewski said.

"Orders currently in our system will be cancelled."

[www.smh.com.au]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2015 09:11PM by SueZ.

Date: March 16, 2015 11:42PM

Apparently Amazon hasn't gotten the word yet that the book has been cancelled. They are offering it in pre-order status. Just to see what happens I pre-ordered it.

[www.amazon.com]

Date: March 17, 2015 02:07PM

While Bell Gibson thrashes about like a rodent trapped in a corner accusing her marks of jeopardizing the safety of her son Apple quietly stops offering her apps for sale.

No actual words from Apple on this matter - that I have been able to find so far. I guess they have better lawyers that the other companies she so easily duped in that regard.

[www.smh.com.au]

Date: March 17, 2015 04:18PM

Well it's starting to look like Belle Gibson and her partner might want to start seriously thinking about copping an insanity plea ...

[www.facebook.com]

From this most excellent and up to date page I've found on the web about this case ...

[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 17, 2015 04:30PM

SueZ Wrote:
> Well it's starting to look like Belle Gibson and
> her partner might want to start seriously thinking
> about copping an insanity plea ...
>
> [www.facebook.com]
> os/a.1381569235496930.1073741829.1380565262263994/
> 1384346538552533/?type=1&theater
>
> From this most excellent and up to date page I've
> found on the web about this case ...
>
>
> [www.facebook.com]

Before this case is all said and done Martha Stewart may inherit the apparently lawyer-less Penguin Books to add to her collection of collections ...

Date: March 17, 2015 08:20PM

Apparently the only heads up players in this farce were staff at Elle magazine who emailed the staff at Cosmopolitan (Australian edition) with a heads up which wasn't taken seriously or even looked into ...

"An honest account of our experience with Belle Gibson"

[www.cosmopolitan.com.au]

Date: March 17, 2015 08:28PM

why you're not an investigative reporter, i will never know

>Belle flew to Sydney (at her own expense)

hardly.

Date: March 17, 2015 08:59PM

SueZ Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well it's starting to look like Belle Gibson
> and
> > her partner might want to start seriously
> thinking
> > about copping an insanity plea ...
> >
> >
> [www.facebook.com]
>
> >
> os/a.1381569235496930.1073741829.1380565262263994/
>
> > 1384346538552533/?type=1&theater

> Before this case is all said and done Martha
> Stewart may inherit the apparently lawyer-less
> Penguin Books to add to her collection of
> collections ...

For those who didn't have time to read the links (do it - there's gold in there) - apparently not only did Belle Gibson (allegedly) snatch stuff from other author's recipe books but she also (allegedly) didn't even bother to change out their photos of those recipe results with her own photos. Or even bother to Photoshop them for God's sakes.

I must say this girl didn't fool me for a second. I thought from the get go that she was trying to be the next Martha Stuart and that her polished package of "product" looked way too Madison Ave. not to have been stolen from somewhere. But I seriously never dreamed she would actually have snatched this stuff directly from Stuart's published stuff. ROFL!

But I'm not laughing at all about how easily charismatic fast talking psycopaths get away with so much in our world. It makes me just shake my head.

Date: March 18, 2015 01:23AM

SueZ Wrote:
> Apparently the only heads up players in this farce
> were staff at Elle magazine who emailed the staff
> at Cosmopolitan (Australian edition) with a heads
> up which wasn't taken seriously or even looked
> into ...

Well I was wrong about thinking Elle staffers were heads up - they were all sucked into the incredible (and pretty easy to see) con job, too. Apparently what really happened is after Elle published another glowing article on this dusky creep they got an email from someone who she grew up with that tipped them off. Still they didn't believe it until it came to light that Belle had not made the promised 25% charity donations from her app sales.

It's starting to look like there's no vetting anywhere anymore...

Date: March 18, 2015 03:37AM

Some of the online gossip I'm reading about this woman is starting to really concern me.

For one, apparently although she states a concern for the safety of her family because she claims someone posted her address on the web - others say she posted that, and her other personal whereabouts, herself! Well by itself that's just probably just a normal con person diversionary tactic were it not for a few other troubling gossip points I've read that may or may not be real. Like her old posted handwritten list of 10 ways to get rich that only had 6 ways listed (in the facebook link) above. Well what were the other four she seems to have decided not to make public? If there were others they were probably worse than the potential #'s 1-6 she was eyeballing at the time.

Which brings me to another concerning piece of web gossip. It is said that she has several web presence alias'. The one that caught my eye was "Only Belle". Now this meant nothing to me until someone pointed out that that is the title of a documentary about a mass murder named Belle who is someone I had never heard of.

Well that documentary is on youtube and I'm about halfway through watching it. The "Only Belle" mass murderer made most of her money from murdering family members and adoptees and burning down buildings for insurance money and then luring in men to immigrate from her homeland by using the farm she bought with the insurance money and her new status as a wealthy widow looking for a well off man, etc.. She ended up killing at least 40 people - easily enough ways to get rich to fill in Belle Gibson's #6-10 on her list. I sure hope she doesn't have insurance policies taken out on her family members and partners.

Yet another web gossiper posted a web snapshot of what they said was an old Belle Gibson post where she referred to herself as a psychopath or a sociopath (I can't remember exactly which of the two words she used) of distinction.

Here is a link to "Only Belle" the documentary ...

[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 18, 2015 03:03PM

Apple removes Belle's app from their watch.

[www.macrumors.com]

Date: March 19, 2015 08:54PM

SueZ Wrote:
> Apparently Amazon hasn't gotten the word yet that
> the book has been cancelled. They are offering it
> in pre-order status. Just to see what happens I
> pre-ordered it.
>
> [www.amazon.com]
> -Well-Nourished/dp/1476798117

Well darn. My pre-order has been canceled. Belle's book is listed as unavailable and the release date now says Dec. 31, 2030.

Date: March 20, 2015 08:27PM

While poking around the web for more info on this Belle Gibson character's farce I ran into another creepy deceiver tale by another woman blogger - Jess Ainscough.

This other woman actually did have cancer but deceived her followers for a long time into thinking that she was still thriving by following the Gerson Therapy.

I'm linking the blog where I learned about this. At the time of the linked entry Jess Ainscough was still alive. She died 2-26-2015.

"How Not To Do Transparency" by Rosalie Hilleman

[rosaliehilleman.wordpress.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2015 08:29PM by SueZ.

Posted by: KFCA ()
Date: March 21, 2015 01:11AM

Not mentioned in this story is that her mother, after being diagnosed with breast cancer, and refusing conventional medical treatment, opting instead for the Gerson protocol, also fairly recently died from her condition. From what I've at least read, both mother & daughter were making substantial sums from their conditions prior to their respective demises.

Date: March 21, 2015 01:25AM

KFCA Wrote:
> Not mentioned in this story is that her mother,
> after being diagnosed with breast cancer, and
> refusing conventional medical treatment, opting
> instead for the Gerson protocol, also fairly
> recently died from her condition. From what I've
> at least read, both mother & daughter were making
> substantial sums from their conditions prior to
> their respective demises.

Oh just great. Doesn't it figure? Who was paying them?

I just noticed that for some reason Amazon doesn't have the Gerson book listed in their "Cancer Diet" category.

Date: March 21, 2015 01:39AM

Just recently Jess completed a national speaking tour, charging people around $100 per head to come and hear her story of cure through Gerson Therapy, good food and positive thinking.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables