Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Constipation curea
Date: March 14, 2015 10:53AM

What do you do for slow motility and constipation? Did anyone else experience this when they transitioned to raw? I'm worried it's halting my detox having all that crap stuck in my intestines.

I did senna tea for awhile but am tapering off to try to retrain my intestinal muscles. But the constipation returned.

I ate a lot of vegetables and nuts when I first went raw weeks ago, now I eat a lot more fruit and less fat. It doesn't seem to be helping though.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Constipation curea
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 01:13AM

blank, I had terrible constipation before raw. It was mainly due to having Celiac Disease (which I found out about 8 years later, about 2 years ago). After changing my diet to raw vegan, I had terrible diarrhea in the beginning. The one day, I went 11 times. I counted. I was very sore.

Maybe because you are transitioning, this is a phase. You could use Psyllium Husk (Don't think it's raw). You could try Castor Oil. (Not raw.) If you have access to watermelon, you could eat plenty of that. That usually get the bowels going. The easiest is putting more fiber in your daily intake like raw fruits and veggies. I also like Chia seeds. Not only are they nutritious, they are a source of fiber. You can blend them in a raw fruit or veggie smoothie without dairy. I like to put the Chia seeds in water and they become gelatinous and I drink them down with the water.

Hope that helps. Therese

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 15, 2015 01:30AM

blankpageblankbook Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What do you do for slow motility and constipation?
> Did anyone else experience this when they
> transitioned to raw? I'm worried it's halting my
> detox having all that crap stuck in my
> intestines.
>
> I did senna tea for awhile but am tapering off to
> try to retrain my intestinal muscles. But the
> constipation returned.
>
> I ate a lot of vegetables and nuts when I first
> went raw weeks ago, now I eat a lot more fruit and
> less fat. It doesn't seem to be helping though.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 15, 2015 08:29PM

I'm really hoping it's just a transition. I finally went fully raw to treat what might be IBS. I was frequently constipated before, as a vegan/occasional vegetarian, but when I went fully raw my motility just stopped. Could it be the reduced fiber from grains? I am allergic to grains apparently. I can't imagine I could eat more fiber though. But apparently I'm only taking in 24.4 grams

I'm also trying to lose weight. I'm trying to avoid eating overt fat sources. Would adding enough chia halt fat loss?

What's rejuvalac?

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 15, 2015 08:55PM

blankpageblankbook Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm really hoping it's just a transition. I
> finally went fully raw to treat what might be IBS.
> I was frequently constipated before, as a
> vegan/occasional vegetarian, but when I went fully
> raw my motility just stopped.

[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables