Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Starting on Raw Food....
Posted by: guy500 ()
Date: March 14, 2015 02:58PM

Hi

I would really like to increase the amount of raw food in my diet, but whenever I have tried this in the past, it has been catastrophic.

I think I understand now. One part of it is the immediate drastic increase in fibre, which I should probably transition to more carefully next time.

But I think it is also because most raw recipes that I have seen involve significant amounts of high-sugar foods (dried fruits/dates, raw honey/agarve syrup, etc) and nuts. Both of these wreck my system (even if the nuts are raw & organic and have been soaked, sprouted, etc).

Does anyone know where I can get guidance on transitioning to a more raw lifestyle while avoiding these ingredients that are really not good for me?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Starting on Raw Food....
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: March 14, 2015 03:28PM

try this

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 14, 2015 09:56PM

seems like those ingredients are mostly for raw desserts ,, not raw entrees

veggies are great due to high mineral and you can make a salad dressing that doesnt have fruit....

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 15, 2015 03:15AM

If you are new you should try this recipe. Its so good for newbies

MOCK TUNA RECIPE

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 15, 2015 12:09PM

I still love to have this dip around. IMO, it's the only thing that replaces hummus well.

[www.youtube.com]

P.S. Personally I leave out probiotic and digestive enzyme powders in this type of recipe. I just make the recipes as you would normal ones and refrigerate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2015 12:14PM by SueZ.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables