Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How natural is your lifestyle?
Posted by: bluespixie ()
Date: March 22, 2015 08:28PM

What 'baddies' are in your diet?

Do you wear make-up?

What are your toiletries like?

What are your cleaning products?

Are you exposed to pollution (i.e. either city or at work)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How natural is your lifestyle?
Posted by: bluespixie ()
Date: March 22, 2015 08:32PM

I'll kick it off:

-Small amounts of coke/coffee, soy milk, some cooked foods such as fries (I'm still transitioning)

Do you wear make-up?
-Yes, some chemical (Barry M, Superdrug 'B' brand), some more natural (Green People).

-All vegan. Mostly natural i.e. sea salts, simple soaps, Green People products, Dr Organic products

-I don't have to do any cleaning grinning smiley But my clothes go in the wash using the products my family buys.

Are you exposed to pollution (i.e. either city or at work)
-I live close to the city, and work there. When I wash my hair/blow my nose- it's black.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: June 25, 2015 10:26PM

I am not innocent completely.

I clean with hydrosols I distill myself.

Baddies raw cacao

and I wear organic makeup and I dye my hair. Its too black for my taste and my eyebrows, I have that hairy black unibrow naturally.

Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: June 25, 2015 10:45PM

I am pretty natural. No makeup, no soaps, lotions, potions hair stuff, deodorant, perfumes ect... I've never felt a desire to wear it, and my husband doesn't care. As far as I'm concerned, most of it is toxic, and at best, a waste of money for something 100% non-essential. I don't use household chemicals either, I use a steam cleaner instead. Household chemicals are toxic for us and the fumes could outright kill my bird. We use washable cloth everything in lieu of disposable paper products, right down to using a fabric liner in the parrots cagesmiling smiley We gave up paper products several years ago, and don't miss the cost, waste or chemical exposure. We do live right outside a city, but not a "mega city" where pollution is unbearable (Portland). I also buy used whenever possible and reasonable and don't "impulse" shop.

I guess my "bad" things are I use those unbreakable melamine plates (I know, but my husband kept breaking regular plates at an astonishing rate), drink tap water (ya, I've been looking into getting a distiller) and drive a car (but my car is not a large one and working from home, I basically just run errands and combine those errands as much as I can).

Forgot my diet "bads"- I haven't given up the occasional cooked meal (maybe once or twice a month?) and use a couple "questionably raw" ingredients in some dishes ("raw" agave, "raw" carob, nutritional yeast, dried herbs from the store....). Oh, and when I make my husband popcorn (one of his favorite snacks, I just use salt and olive oil, no butter or chemicals) I can't help but have a handfulgrinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2015 10:55PM by Kiwibird.

Posted by: HeavyHitter ()
Date: June 26, 2015 12:57AM

I just ate a bowl of steamed rice with avocado and sauteed hemp-tofu and vegetables. Followed it up with Equal Exchange dark chocolate with coconut. The other day I had Sunshine burgers on gluten-free/vegan English muffins with nut cheese. I like those cinnamon-apple oatmeal packets with almond butter added. I eat all kinds of tasty crap but my diet is still around 70% raw. I'm a work in progress.

Do you wear make-up?

No.

I don't use a lot of soap and when I do it's basic garbage like Bronner's. I don't use shampoo or moisturizer or anything like that. I stopped shaving.

I'll just say that I can do better in this area.

Are you exposed to pollution (i.e. either city oo at work)

Yes. I live right outside Pittsburgh and near an expressway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2015 12:58AM by HeavyHitter.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: June 26, 2015 11:55PM

Is owning a computer and typing an answer to this question, natural?

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: littlemermaid ()
Date: July 06, 2015 02:57PM

I'm still going back and forth between 100% raw and high raw. I eat quinoa, tempeh, and gluten free organic crackers sometimes.. I steam kale, chard and spinach..
I do wear makeup, like M.A.C. and NARS ( to cover up my genetical dark eye circles).
As to skin and bodycare products, I make pretty much everything myself. I only buy organic soap.
Lifestyle is not that natural.. I live in DC area, drive a car, sit 8 hours in the office in front of the computer with no fresh air..And then go to gym.. But I'm doing my best. If I had a chance I would move somewhere closer to nature.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2015 03:06PM by littlemermaid.

Posted by: littlemermaid ()
Date: July 06, 2015 03:09PM

suvine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> and I wear organic makeup and I dye my hair. Its
> too black for my taste and my eyebrows, I have
> that hairy black unibrow naturally.

Black hair is absolutely beautiful! winking smiley I wish I had black hair, blalck as night. Mine is red. I try to darken it with ayurvedic herbs every now and then, but the darkest I ever get is chocolaty brown

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables