Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sprouting for beginners
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: March 26, 2015 02:03PM

My next newsletter will be going out soon, and it's all about sprouting. Now I know most of you are old hands at this already, but in case there are any newbies out there who would like a few tips, feel free to sign up here (it's free)
[rawfoodscotland.us2.list-manage2.com]

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Re: Sprouting for beginners
Date: March 26, 2015 09:02PM

It's good to see you promoting the sprouts, they are such an under-rated and misunderstood food. Truely, nothing touches the sprouts. They are very different to other foods.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 27, 2015 02:57AM

One benefit of raw foods that I haven't heard yet could be in the genetical expressionn they produce in the body.

From biology, transcription regulators control the show. There are thousands of different ones. One may affect several (like 5 or more). And each of those in turn, affects many more like in a complex cascading tree. Thus, food controls your genetic expression to some degree. It is so complex that you wont see any studies as scientific studies try to isolate individual element effects. But genetically, it is a plural system of many complex variables that are not easy to grasp in a study.

See for example this old article:

[www.scientificamerican.com]

A new modern raw food guru could potentially become famous by writing a book winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2015 03:01AM by Panchito.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: March 27, 2015 04:43PM

Thanks TSM, you're a real inspiration when it comes to sprouts!

Interesting ideas Panchito (maybe you should write that book!) Reminds me of the work of Tony Wright, have you heard of him?

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 27, 2015 06:00PM

lisa m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting ideas Panchito (maybe you should write
> that book!) Reminds me of the work of Tony
> Wright, have you heard of him?

Yes, I have. I bought one of his books a couple years ago.

Genes are so powerful that a liver cell can transform itself into a neuron by turning genes.

[med.stanford.edu]

Fully mature liver cells from laboratory mice have been transformed directly into functional neurons by researchers at the Stanford University School of Medicine. The switch was accomplished with the introduction of just three genes and did not require the cells to first enter a pluripotent state.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables