Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hyperhydrosis and raw diet
Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: April 08, 2015 01:30AM

Possibly a bit TMI but I have always sweated a lot under my arms (even when it's freezing cold out). I have never really been able to figure out what causes such a thing (nutritional deficiency or maybe bad genetics)? I certainly wouldn't waste the money to see a doctor over something so trivial. I also haven't worn deodorant/antipirspirent in years (I gave up ALL "body" and "beauty" products about 7 years ago).

The sweating has always been really bad (not bad smelling, just a lot of moisture), but seems to have gotten a bit better since going raw. Wondering if long-term this terribly embarrassing problem might go away completely? And if any of you have any insight into why this happens and ideas to correct it dietarily, I'm all ears!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hyperhydrosis and raw diet
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: April 08, 2015 03:31AM

Kiwibird Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Possibly a bit TMI but I have always sweated a lot
> under my arms (even when it's freezing cold out).
> I have never really been able to figure out what
> causes such a thing (nutritional deficiency or
> maybe bad genetics)? I certainly wouldn't waste
> the money to see a doctor over something so
> trivial. I also haven't worn
> deodorant/antipirspirent in years (I gave up ALL
> "body" and "beauty" products about 7 years ago).
>
> The sweating has always been really bad (not bad
> smelling, just a lot of moisture), but seems to
> have gotten a bit better since going raw.
> Wondering if long-term this terribly embarrassing
> problem might go away completely? And if any of
> you have any insight into why this happens and
> ideas to correct it dietarily, I'm all ears!

Well I don't know but I've heard that some people who have sweating problems all over have an overactive nervous system and benefit from extra B vitamins.

One thing I did 26 years ago was to switch over to all natural fiber clothing. For keeping cool and dry the best fabric by a long shot is linen. It's sooo much more comfortable than anything else. Hemp comes next and then loose woven cotton.

Date: April 08, 2015 08:16PM

SueZ Wrote:

> Well I don't know but I've heard that some people
> who have sweating problems all over have an
> overactive nervous system and benefit from extra B
> vitamins.
>
> One thing I did 26 years ago was to switch over
> to all natural fiber clothing. For keeping cool
> and dry the best fabric by a long shot is linen.
> It's sooo much more comfortable than anything
> else. Hemp comes next and then loose woven cotton.

I do wear mostly cotton clothing, but as I need to replace clothes I make an effort not to buy clothes with any unnatural fibers. B vitamins is an interesting theory. I was a long term vegetarian before going raw, and I'm sure there was some deficiency in the B-vitamins. I occasionally take supplements, but not daily as I'm afraid of overdoing it. Any suggestions on more natural ways to get B vitamins or should I just bite the bullet and supplement regularly.

Date: April 08, 2015 08:55PM

Kiwibird, my hunch is that you could probably use more B vitamins and personally I would fly as the crow flies and take a B supplement as an experiment to see what happens. If that works then you can always back off the supplements and replace them with higher B content raw foods.

The whole time I was on a relatively low B content (hclf) raw vegan diet I was not able to remember my dreams. Once I went on a high B content (hflc) raw vegan diet I started to remember my dreams again. The higher % fat I went the better my memory got. My last lab tests showed that I was (for the first time in my life) low in B12. Now in addition to my high fat high B vitamin diet I supplement with B12 and remember my dreams every night again. As should be the case. IMO.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: April 08, 2015 09:23PM

I used to sweat more when i ate cooked.

how much cooked do you eat?

internet search shows diabetes or thyroid issues for excessive sweating but that may be more for whole body sweating

Date: April 08, 2015 10:13PM

SueZ Wrote:
> Kiwibird, my hunch is that you could probably use
> more B vitamins and personally I would fly as the
> crow flies and take a B supplement as an
> experiment to see what happens. If that works then
> you can always back off the supplements and
> replace them with higher B content raw foods.
>
> The whole time I was on a relatively low B content
> (hclf) raw vegan diet I was not able to remember
> my dreams. Once I went on a high B content (hflc)
> raw vegan diet I started to remember my dreams
> again. The higher % fat I went the better my
> memory got. My last lab tests showed that I was
> (for the first time in my life) low in B12. Now in
> addition to my high fat high B vitamin diet I
> supplement with B12 and remember my dreams every
> night again. As should be the case. IMO.

I just found this interesting article. It could be caused by many things but this caught my eye ...

"B-Complex Vitamins and the Nervous System

A family of eight essential nutrients, B-complex vitamins serve crucial functions in the maintenance and regulation of the nervous system. Low levels of B-complex vitamins can affect the body's stress response system, causing oversensitivity to tense or fearful situations. Since excessive sweating is triggered by an overreaction of the sympathetic nervous system to stress, ensuring proper nutritional support is provided to that system by increasing your intake of foods rich in B-vitamins may help reduce or control its symptoms."

[www.livestrong.com]

There are also other articles on the subject listed at that site which you may be interested in reading.

Date: April 08, 2015 10:41PM

kiwibird

b vitamins are easy to get on a reasonable diet.

why not run your diet through cronometer first?

Date: April 09, 2015 01:43AM

I used to sweat more when i ate cooked.

how much cooked do you eat?

internet search shows diabetes or thyroid issues for excessive sweating but that may be more for whole body sweating

I do eat a couple meals a week that include cooked grains or veg. No super junk food (highly processed/refined/additive-laden) or animal products of any kind. It is no longer a significant portion of my diet and I am working to go completely raw, but it's really been a hard habit to break (cooked foods).

I only have excessive sweating under my arms and no other "symptoms" of thyroid issues or diabetes, especially not since I started with all the raw foods.

There are also other articles on the subject listed at that site which you may be interested in reading.

Thank you. I will be reading them carefully and doing some further research. It appears the only B vitamin I may be lacking is B-12 (see below)

kiwibird

b vitamins are easy to get on a reasonable diet.

why not run your diet through cronometer first?

I signed up and ran a couple days "typical" foods for me. It looks like I am actually getting adequate amounts of everything but vitamin D and B-12. I will mention, since going raw, I have been trying to eat about 2000 calories and a "rainbow" (all different colors) of foods every day to make sure I'm eating enough/getting adequate nutrition. This was actually very interesting to see I am doing pretty well with the rainbow theory. I will be looking into B-12 supplementation and what to do about the vitamin D situation (the sun doesn't come out very much here in Oregon).

Date: April 09, 2015 01:44PM

great to hear, kiwibird, good luck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables