Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The Ultimate Solution - Part 1
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: April 09, 2015 06:04AM

I just taped and uploaded this video today...

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ultimate Solution - Part 1
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: April 09, 2015 06:38AM

John, this stuff sounds complicated. What you know, what might be false knowing, not knowing what you don't know. All this to take a juice feast?

I like the way the Tao Te Ching puts it, in Chapter 71:

To realize that our knowledge is ignorance,
This is a noble insight.
To regard our ignorance as knowledge,
This is mental sickness.

Only when we are sick of our sickness
Shall we cease to be sick.
The Sage is not sick, being sick of sickness;
This is the secret of health.

Date: April 09, 2015 11:33AM

Prana, thanks for the feedback and thanks for snippet from the Tao Te Ching. I added your snippet to my quotes on Ignorance the other day when you used it - see below.

As far as all of this seeming to be Complicated, I understand, which is why I have created a special Teaching Tool that uses Knowledge in a way that has never been seen before. In Part 2, I'm going to show everyone how I created my special Teaching Tool, which help everyone see that it's NOT Complicated once we see where all of the Pieces of the Puzzle fit and how they all are Connected to one another.

By the way, one of the first things I did with my Teaching Tool was to find the FLAW in I Ching. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. smiling smiley

Now here are some of my favorite quotes on Ignorance:

Ignorance

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." -Will Rogers

"To the ignorant even the words of the wise seem foolish." -Isaiah

"Contempt prior to complete investigation will enslave a man to ignorance." -Anonymous

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance" -Albert Einstein

“There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation without investigation.” -Herbert Spencer

"Ignorance is the primary source of all misery and vice." -Victor Cousin

"The problem of knowledge is the key to all other problems." -Socrates

"Virtue is knowledge...most people do not know the TRUTH, so they act stupidly and wrongly." -Plato

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." -Socrates

“To know that you don’t know is the beginning of knowing.” -Confucius

"The first step to knowledge is to know that we are ignorant." -Lord David Cecil

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." -Benjamin Disraeli

"He who would be cured of ignorance must confess it." -Montaigne

"To know that we know what we know, and that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge." -Henry David Thoreau

"Half of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at." -David Gerrold

"To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of the ignorant." -A. B. Alcott

"Far more crucial that what we know or what we do not know is what we do not want to know." -Eric Hoffer

"Most ignorance is vincible ignorance; we don't know because we don't want to know." -Aldous Huxley

"Not to know is bad; not to wish to know is worse." -Nigerian Proverb

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." -George Bernard Shaw

"It ain't so much the things we know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that ain't so." -Artemus Ward (1834-1867)

“What gets us into trouble is not what we don’t know. It’s what we know for sure that ain’t so.” -Mark Twain

“What's scary in life is not what people know (or don’t know), it’s what they think they know that ain’t so!" -Satchel Page

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge." -Daniel J. Boorstein

“It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.” -Epictetus (c.55-c.135)

"Beware of people who profit from our ignorance; these people who want us to be ignorant are more dangerous than false knowledge, more dangerous than ignorance and are the causes of both." -John Rose

"We have to live today by what TRUTH we can get today and be ready tomorrow to call it falsehood." -William James

"Men occasionally stumble over the TRUTH, but most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." -Winston Churchill

"As equality spreads and men individually become less strong, they ever increasingly let themselves glide with the stream of the crowd and find it hard to maintain alone an opinion abandoned by the rest." -Alex de Tocqueville

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment." -Albert Einstein

"Every man is the creature of the age in which he lives; very few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of the time." -Voltaire

"It is impossible for ideas to compete in the market place if no forum for their presentation is provided or available." -Thomas Mann

"The ideas I stand for are not mine. I borrowed them from Socrates. I swiped them from Chesterfield. I stole them Jesus. And I put them in a book. If you don't like their rules, whose would you use? -Dale Carnegie

"The shadow of ignorance is fear." -J. Jelinik

“There is no greater pleasure in life than the discovery of false knowledge. The only drawback is the greater awareness of our ignorance, which is really a blessing in disguise. As our knowledge grows, so does our awareness of our ignorance - The Socratic Irony.

In Einstein's Circle of Known, Einstein said that knowledge could be represented by a box, and that our knowledge could be represented by a circle inside of the box. Therefore, our ignorance could be represented by the area in the box that is outside the circle, and by the line that forms the circle. The former represents the knowledge that we don't know we don't know, while the line that forms the circle is the interface between what we know and what we don't know we don't know. This line represents what we know we don't know - it's all of our unanswered questions. So, as our circle gets bigger, so does our awareness of what we know we don't know.

I love this simple explanation of The Socratic Irony, and the more I thought about it, the more I realized that there should be another box to represent the third form of ignorance. This box represents false knowledge, and our belief system would then include the circle in box 1 and the circle in box 2. So now there are two forms of ignorance that we don't know that we don't know. One is the area in box 1 that is outside of the circle, and the other is the area inside of the circle in box 2. The third form of ignorance, which we know we don't know, is what truly separates most of the people on this message board from the masses.” -John Rose

“Many people would sooner die than think. In fact they do.” -Bertrand Russell

“Truth is a Pandora’s Box for those who live in ignorance and who are afraid of it-- especially those who egotistically “bask” in degrees and credentials.” -John Thomas, “Young Again” p. 190

"Education is the progressive discovery of our own ignorance." -Will Durant

"Sit down before fact like a little child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing." -T. H. Huxley (1825-1895)

"Until man duplicates a blade of grass, nature can laugh at his so-called scientific knowledge." -Thomas A. Edison

“A man doesn't understand anything unless he loves it.” -Goethe

“The first and last thing required of genius is the love of truth.” -Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (1749 - 1832) German poet, dramatist & philosopher

“Only when we know little do we know everything; doubt grows with knowledge.” -Goethe

“All truly wise thoughts have been thoughts already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"There is no greater sin than ignorance." -Rudyard Kipling

“If you control what people know, you control what people do.” -Harry Belafonte

“How true it is that he who fills his belly with substitutes often abolishes his hunger for real foods. The food manufacturers and the physicians feed people on counterfeit “foods” so that the people know not the value of the genuine article. It is like the receipt of truth-people reject truth because they are so filled with fallacy that they cannot receive truth- “there was no room at the inn” for the mother pregnant with the savior child. Truth is often born in a manger (and all too often left there to languish) because the inn is so filled with crowds of thoughtless revelers that there is no room there for its birth.” -Herbert Shelton, Superior Nutrition, pages 110-111

"To realize that our knowledge is ignorance,
This is a noble insight.
To regard our ignorance as knowledge,
This is mental sickness.

The Sage is not sick, being sick of sickness;
This is the secret of health."

Chapter 71, Tao Te Ching, as translated by John C. H. Wu

Date: April 10, 2015 11:45AM

I just taped Part 2 yesterday and uploaded it today...

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
The Ultimate Solution - Part 2
Posted by: John Rose
Date: April 10, 2015 11:48AM

I just taped Part 2 yesterday and uploaded it today...

[www.youtube.com]

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2015 11:51AM by John Rose.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: April 11, 2015 12:26AM

I have read this long time ago: "People who use quotes are lacking originality"...just saying smiling smiley

John, you really like your 'rhetoric' style...? Well, first things first.

1. Say what you have to say. For example: I think that you should live like this, or eat like this, blah blah.
2. Explain why.
3. Say again what you have to say.

Make it short. Make it with fewest words possible. Many words do not make you look more thorough.

I really really hate long introductions on YouTube. Generally, even if I am really insterested in the topic, if somebody has 10 minutes of 'introduction', I am tempted to slash the video and forget it. Mostly I skip...often people use half of the video, or more, for 'Introduction'. Any introduction is too much introduction. Just say it. Explain it. Say it again. Adios.

Date: April 11, 2015 11:46AM

rab wrote:

<<<I have read this long time ago: "People who use quotes are lacking originality"...just saying >>>

Oh rab, thanks for putting a smile on my face. Some clown on Vegsource made a similar comment that I don’t have any original ideas or thoughts because I use quotes and all I can do is laugh because I have more original ideas than anyone I’ve ever met.

By the way, here are a few more of my favorite quotes…

“The wisdom of the wise and the experience of the ages are perpetuated by quotations.” -Benjamin Disraeli

“I quote others only to better express myself.” -Michel de Montaigne

"It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations. The quotations, when engraved upon the memory, give you good thoughts. They also make you anxious to read the authors and look for more." -Sir Winston Churchill

<<<I really really hate long introductions on YouTube.>>>

I can only guess that you didn’t listen to my Video because my overall perspective was a whole lot more than just an introduction.

<<<1. Say what you have to say. For example: I think that you should live like this, or eat like this, blah blah.>>>

I’ve been sharing this message ever since I became aware of it 25 years ago. In the 1990s, I had the #1 TV Show on the Access Channel here in Houston and got over 100 calls every week and I very quickly learned that whenever you tell people too much too soon they tune out too quickly. It seems that I am one of the very few who understand that this message has to be told in a sequence. Nonetheless, I appreciate the time you took to give me your feedback and please do not hesitate to continue in the future.

Peace and Love.......John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2015 11:48AM by John Rose.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: April 11, 2015 11:09PM

the line about 'originality' has a bit of self irony...I think you got that.

The rest...I don't think you got it completely. Anyway, who am I to give advice to anybody?

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: June 19, 2015 04:28PM

I like that. Only when we are tired of "the story" can we laugh about its silliness.

I like you filming in nature. Mowed lawn. Sort of.

You have a special teaching tool that has never been seen before.
I am so happy. 25 years of extensive research. There is something wrong with our health behavior mentality and belief system. Most of us do not know we have false knowledge you say, and most of us do not know, in the third stage of knowledge where knowledge is manifested.

Acquired applied manifested..lifestyle choices feedback system. All the things we get in all the stages of knowledge. Most of us do not know we have inaccurate belief system ( HELLO YES TRUE, WHEN I MOVED TO NATURE EVERYTHING CHANGED IN MY REALITY)

The sickest of sickest of us you say they make the masses worse. Our experts misdirect us, so the experts are not experts at all, because we are all sick.

Dark side of our behavior where we prey upon our own species. Its the number one source of false knowledge. We do not have the knowledge we need and we cannot find because there is false info everywhere.

We cannot learn anything if we think we already know , in the first stage of knowledge.

End up in paradise on the right path, John says. SIMPLE, just go back to the garden. Find that knowledge we are missing.

I am up to 4:53. I may pick this up later but if anyone else wants to continue..

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: June 29, 2015 09:55AM

The bigger question is:

Why is the human mind, the human soul so corruptible?

Why is that instant gratification is more attractive to our mind than long term, permanent bliss?

Did the Creator make a mistake with the original design?

Or was this creation made this way on purpose so that we can stumble and learn?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2015 09:57AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: July 08, 2015 05:19PM

Hey RP,

I really do LOVE discussing issues like this, however, it’s not any fun when I address every issue you bring up and you don’t reciprocate, as you never answered a few of my questions at the end of my Post for Part 8.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: The Ultimate Solution - Part 8
Posted by: John Rose
Date: April 27, 2015 12:31PM

<<<God called on Moses to remind his children their duty. They are reminded to earn perfection as their father. There is no original sin.>>>

I disagree and so does every culture as they all make reference to a Golden Age and they all make reference to the Fall of Mankind. Have you read “Memories and Visions of Paradise Exploring the Universal Myth of a Lost Golden Age” by Richard Heinberg?

Here is a link to pique your interest:

[www.newdawnmagazine.com]

Here are 2 Posts for 2 Chapters from Heinberg’s book:

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

As far as Moses, have you read “The Teachings of the Essenes from Enoch to the Dead Sea Scrolls”? In Chapter 2, Moses is very explicit as to the Law and here is a Post where I recap the first 2 Chapters:

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

EOP
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

So have you read “Memories and Visions of Paradise Exploring the Universal Myth of a Lost Golden Age” by Richard Heinberg or have you at least read the 2 Chapters from Heinberg’s book that I linked above and if so, what did you think of it?

Have you read “The Teachings of the Essenes from Enoch to the Dead Sea Scrolls” or my Post where I a recap the first 2 Chapters and if so, what did you think of it?

Here is part of Heinberg’s book that suggests that we were NOT Corruptible before the Fall, which you don’t even think happened and yet, every culture has made reference to a Golden Age and every culture has made reference to the Fall of Mankind!

JR Insert Per Audio Tape JR# A-48 - 15:56 made 11-19-13…
…From the earliest times, human beings have believed that there is a quality in themselves that sets them apart from the animals – a quality that manifests itself as a sense of alienation and insufficiency and as an abnormal capacity for destructiveness and cruelty.

Ancient peoples insisted that evil in this latter sense has not always existed, but that it had a specific cause. In their myths, the evil that is unique to humanity is described as having resulted from the Fall – the tragic event that brought the Golden Age to an end. They said that human nature is not natural at all, because it has been distorted by some fundamental mistake or failure that has been perpetuated from generation to generation.
End of JR Insert Per Audio Tape JR# A-48 - 15:56 made 11-19-13.

By the way, I’ve got some great answers to your questions, but I’m curious as to whether you’ve read any of these books I mentioned or at least if you have read my post where I recapped the first 2 Chapters in one book and posted 2 Chapters from the other book.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: July 23, 2015 10:16AM

John I love reading your posts, you get deep into the subject and look at all angles.
I have read many books on the subject of the fall of man and the Bible itself is founded on that principle.
But while it seems to make sense that there can only be a fall because the creator is perfect and cannot generate imperfect children we have to pause and ponder on that premise.
The religious literature cannot reconcile that the creator was perfect, eternal, and the children are imperfect. So there must have been perfection that was lost, there must have been a fall.
Even here on earth, you can hardly find any parent who want to grant to his child a doctorate in physics or medicine. I would want my child to learn on his own, to go thru the trials and error it takes to master the subject.
I grant you perfection my child, be a doctorate.
The mastery of life and our senses, the wisdom, and knowledge must be earned. One could even argue that God or the Creator himself earned these attributes. The universe may not have been perfect from the beginning. There is continuous, eternal fight between evil and good. In the book of Jobs in the Bible, we can see Satan even go to Heaven to meet God, God allows him that privilege because he has no fear of Satan, he rules over him.

He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, 27 that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28 for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, 'For we also are His children.'…
Acts 17:27

That they may seek God. They have to choose to seek God, choose to be perfect. Perfection is not granted at creation, at birth.

No basket ball player is a perfect jump shooter at birth, one has to practice, earn the skills. One does not fall from the skills at birth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2015 10:17AM by RawPracticalist.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables