Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does going raw make you a a rude, bitter and spiteful person?
Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: April 11, 2015 03:15PM

I am relatively new (a year in August) to the raw vegan lifestyle. I am still learning and still figuring out what is really best for my body. As such, I have been researching online, watching some of the raw food people on youtube and I joined this forum to become more informed. I must say, I am beyond shocked and appalled at how such a seemingly high percentage of people in this community seem to enjoy creating needless drama for the sake of drama. WTF is up with that? There is so much hostility and rudeness. Is that a result of the raw diet or does this lifestyle just attract more self-righteous bitter people than other ways of eating?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does going raw make you a a rude, bitter and spiteful person?
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: April 11, 2015 03:28PM

Kiwibird Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am relatively new (a year in August) to the raw
> vegan lifestyle. I am still learning and still
> figuring out what is really best for my body. As
> such, I have been researching online, watching
> some of the raw food people on youtube and I
> joined this forum to become more informed. I must
> say, I am beyond shocked and appalled at how such
> a seemingly high percentage of people in this
> community seem to enjoy creating needless drama
> for the sake of drama. WTF is up with that? There
> is so much hostility and rudeness. Is that a
> result of the raw diet or does this lifestyle just
> attract more self-righteous bitter people than
> other ways of eating?

People who think they're healthy because they're raw but have no real education in nutrition so they unknowingly suffer from severe nutrient deficiencies or are under the illusion that they are fully nourished. Such argumentative and confrontational personalities clearly indicates mental instability. Because this type of behavior is so frequently observed amongst the raw community, logic points towards deficiencies in major brain nutrients rather than some sort of psychological trauma.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 11, 2015 03:54PM

Of course not.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: April 11, 2015 03:58PM

"While working with Dr. Wigmore, we noticed something wonderful happening to our students who really took the program to heart and went 100%: they all became 'enlightened' and loving and were in an entirely different space from when they entered the program approximately 10 days to 2 weeks before. From being suspicious to open and trusting, from frightened to loving. I could go on and on with the descriptions, but basically, there are no negative feelings when one is 100%. No reactions, like fear and anger; only love." -Dr. Flora Mason Van Orden

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: April 11, 2015 04:22PM

Yes it's truly mind boggling as I expected those who eat the "healiest diet for humankind" to exhibit altruistic, loving kindness?!? Something is definitely wrong, I think jt's post contains some of the Truth of the matter.

Personally I think obsessing focusing on and worrying about food while ignoring the bigger picture, i.e., being immersed in NATURE makes people nuts. Food is the least important piece of the health/Life puzzle...

NuNativs on YouTube...

Posted by: TinaM ()
Date: April 11, 2015 05:38PM

Every community, you can find all kind of people. You will find bitter, rude and A$$holes and you'll find humble, polite and loving people. So raw diet doesn't mean that everyone on this diet will become a saint overnight or will change their personality magically. Although I think that raw diet makes you more soft than non-raw but it is not always black and white. You'll find more good people here than bad, unfortunately your first experience wasn't god.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: April 11, 2015 06:32PM

Kiwi wrote
Is that a result of the raw diet or does this lifestyle just attract more self-righteous bitter people than other ways of eating?

Tai:
Lou Corona, a raw vegan for over 40 years, explains the four principles of health, and he shows that food is just 25% of good health. He is one of the most benevolent people in the raw movement and he always teaches to love and forgive everyone, including the ones who have hurt you. So he teaches that emotional work is something that you have to work on consciously. In fact, before he could even heal with raw food, he had to do some emotional work first.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 11, 2015 06:33PM

Being rude is a form of defense. Attack the messenger and the topic quickly changes.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: April 11, 2015 07:33PM

I enjoyed your videos. Thanks.

NuNativs Wrote:
> Yes it's truly mind boggling as I expected those
> who eat the "healiest diet for humankind" to
> exhibit altruistic, loving kindness?!? Something
> is definitely wrong, I think jt's post contains
> some of the Truth of the matter.
>
> Personally I think obsessing focusing on and
> worrying about food while ignoring the bigger
> picture, i.e., being immersed in NATURE makes
> people nuts. Food is the least important piece of
> the health/Life puzzle...

Date: April 11, 2015 08:09PM

Kiwibird Wrote:
> I am relatively new (a year in August) to the raw
> vegan lifestyle. I am still learning and still
> figuring out what is really best for my body. As
> such, I have been researching online, watching
> some of the raw food people on youtube and I
> joined this forum to become more informed. I must
> say, I am beyond shocked and appalled at how such
> a seemingly high percentage of people in this
> community seem to enjoy creating needless drama
> for the sake of drama. WTF is up with that? There
> is so much hostility and rudeness. Is that a
> result of the raw diet or does this lifestyle just
> attract more self-righteous bitter people than
> other ways of eating?

For me l find that raw can amply the personality...it brings out what is already there.

Yes Tai, l find having a good outlook and emotional state is far more important than the food. If my outlook and attitude slip my energies all get messed up, l am sessitive to that type of stuff, it is harmful.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: April 11, 2015 10:25PM

Interesting opinions on the matter. Perhaps the "nasty" ones are just more vocal? It seems there is a lot of catty drama calling others out without being provoked in any way, instead of just promoting what 'they' personally feel is 'right' in a respectful, mature manner. Am I the only person who's noticed this?

I do think there may be something to the idea of raw amplifying personality. I've also only seen what's online. I don't know any other raw vegans (or regular vegans, or even vegetarians) in real life. There's a local raw vegan "group" and if I weren't so socially inept and shy, I would love to meet other like minded people. I'm kind of scared though seeing some of the online communities behavior and attitudes...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2015 10:26PM by Kiwibird.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: April 11, 2015 11:15PM

there's nothing special about raw groups- diet, religion and politics are hot button topics. diet is especially personal and there is identification that occurs. plus the nature of the internet and anonymity.

the nutrient inadequacy "theory" is one with Zero evidence going for it.

and people who call others confrontational often do so in an attempt to
divert attention from what caused the person to "confront" them in the first place.

did you ever see a hockey game? usually a player will commit an offense, and the offended player will "retaliate". that is the offense that the ref will see.

for example, someone will lie/deny or make a statement worthy of dispute, another person will bring that fact to the person's attention or ask for evidence,
and the person will scream
"you are confrontational" !

only a very weak non-observant type can fall for that sort of thing.

Date: April 13, 2015 02:45AM

@Fresh-

I don't watch Hockey (or any sports for that matter, not my thing) but I do have a family who took me going vegetarian as a affront to "god" "the American way of life" and took it as a great source of shame to the family. For the first few years, I allowed myself to be lured into arguments, debates and discussions with them, armed with facts and reasons behind my opinions and decision. They could never come up with a coherent argument why I shouldn't be a vegetarian but they sure feel they are 100% right. Anything I said went in one ear and out the other. It was a great source of tension for YEARS. I finally (for my mental health) had to be the mature one and flat out refuse to participate in any kinds of discussions or get lured into arguments with them anymore because it never went anywhere productive.I just let them make an a$$ of themselves by saying nothing at all. I don't know or care if any of them know I went raw vegan. They don't care about my reasons or evidence of why it's a better way of eating, they'd just feed off the drama and the putting me down.

Point is, there are people who have a differing opinion, and no matter what reason (or lack thereof) they have that opinion for, there will never be any convincing them otherwise. It's a non-productive use of your time/energy to argue with them and draws you needlessly into negative interactions with others (not you specifically, but in a general sense).

It just strikes me as odd that in such a small group of seemingly intelligent people, there is so much animosity and tension. Wouldn't a *better way* for individuals who have all this great evidence, research, studies, personal experience ext... to get the word out be by making videos, blogging or (on a forum) answering posts with "this is what I feel is right and here's why" backed up with their evidence. Then when someone of a differing opinion is asked respectfully for "evidence" and they give no good response, why not let that speak for itself instead of starting a war with them. It just makes both parties involved look ignorant. All of this just seems so childish and immature to me, and it really seems to be a big issue in the raw community that is kind of "swept under the rug" and never talked about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2015 02:48AM by Kiwibird.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: April 13, 2015 02:58AM

sure, kiwibird, well said.

of course intelligence has nothing to do with our ego needs....in fact some things are behind a locked door too (see blink by m gladwell)

(btw I was just responding to jtprindl's usual wild conjecture-type post designed to portray himself as the perfectly healthy grand nutritionist gazing down upon all the ignorant masses) regarding the confrontational thing

smoking smiley

Posted by: Manta91 ()
Date: April 16, 2015 04:58PM

I would imagine that a raw diet could attract all kinds of people, and that certain individuals would be more likely than others to adopt a "greater-than-thou" attitude once they reach new physical or mental highs. Some may find themselves more grounded, but not everyone. Take yoga, for example. Some of the studios I've been to have a downright toxic evironment

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: April 18, 2015 04:55AM

We are the elite of the earth arent we? We eat the perfect diet no? We all have bodies like angels right?

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: April 18, 2015 08:33PM

Prana says when you complain you are actually complaining about yourself.

All the raw vegans I have ever met are open lovely beautiful charming glowy people. Excpet for the one who was obsessed with getting rid of imaginary parasites. And covered all food with tumeric ( to get rid of parasites) and cayenne ( to get rid of parasites) and papaya seeds ( to get rid of parasites) and rubbed on neem oil ( to get rid of parasites) and no sugar whatsoever ( to get rid of parasites) But even he was a fashion icon, he was in the style section of the Miami Herald once, for his street fashion.

NO THERE ARE NO GRUMPY RAW VEGANS

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2015 08:40PM by coconutcream.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables