Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Fresh and others - greens?
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: April 17, 2015 09:00PM

I was shocked by the link Suncloud gave about comfrey [umm.edu] so I looked it up.

From wiki:
[en.wikipedia.org]
"In 2001, the United States Food and Drug Administration issued a ban of comfrey products marketed for internal use, and a warning label for those intended for external use.[21][22] In addition to restrictions on oral use, some experts recommend applying comfrey extracts no longer than 10 days in a row, and no more than 4–6 weeks a year.[16][23]"

I find something similar in New Zealand:
[merrilynhope.com]

Tai:
Somewhere I missed this. I knew this one herb company stopped putting comfrey into their internal formulas, but I thought they were targetted as just one company.
I was taught to eat comfrey greens in my herb school and that is what I have been doing for years and it is one of my favorite greens and I look forward to it in my smoothies.
Years ago, my plants were abundant, I made juice for the first time with them. WIthin minutes, I could feel an old scar start to activate like it was healing. I was once hit by a car on my bicycle and thrown off and I fell on my head as a teenager. I had a concussion and required stitches. I had a scar, but it wasn't visible under my hair. Well, the comfrey juice (which also had a little fresh hot pepper and apple, etc), went to work on the old scar and especially the skull. I could feel healing. No other green juice ever did that to me in my life.
Again, it is the roots that one should not use too much of internally for a long time.
THis reminds me how they once sprayed the chaparral growing in the desert, so no one could use it. THey gave up. IT's too abundant. Same with comfrey.

Oh, the amazing stories with comfrey. One day, I will share them, like how one of my teachers regrew three discs (one was totally gone and two were almost gone). Granted it was a huge program over six years, with many herbs and therapies, but comfrey was a key herb.

But since I am a licensed acupuncturist, I have to respect U.S. laws.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 13, 2015 04:14AM

Hi Suncloud,
I told you that this month I would see my one acupuncture and herb teacher who knows a lot about parasites. I told him about your case and he actually recommended that you communicate with Dr. Cahill in New York. My teacher said that in order to be truly free of the parasite (amoeba) both you and your husband would both need to take two rounds of the drug. (And my other teacher once said that even pets need medicine too, when dealing with h-pylori (cross infection from pet to human). So the concern is that you have to make sure it truly is gone. Maybe Dr. Cahill can recommend something in Hawaii.

My acupuncture teacher has never tried herbs to the max in serious parasite infections and he has just referred to drugs in serious cases. But I personally would try high-powered herbs. He told me to not go there, but I truly have faith in herbs.

[www.yelp.com]

Dr. Cahill
850 5th Ave
New York, NY 10021
Upper East Side
(212) 879-2607

P.S. I just read the reviews of him and see that people like his diagnosis but his dosages are not always reliable. It makes me more convinced to try an herbal approach, if it ever happened to me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2015 04:24AM by Tai.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: September 13, 2015 08:27AM

For years I ate and juiced greens but my health was not optimal, there were issues.

It was only when I payed special attention to digestive health and internal cleansing that greens and green juices became easily digested within my body.

Many of us have hardened fecal matters inside that eating greens cannot remove.
Some even have parasites.

So eating fruits and greens is not enough to heal a digestive system that has impaired for years with bad foods and eating habits.

For me the addition of fermented juices and foods was critical.
It took about two years of cleansing and every day was a surprise to see things coming out. I always wondered where it was hiding, when did i eat this?

Another element that made a difference was getting into the gym about 5 days a week. Two hours of intensive workout every day. We do not usually think about it but exercising, jumping, and sweating has tremendous effect on the body and digestive health.

Every one has a different story.

”The serpent is in man.
It is the intestine.
The belly is a heavy burden;
it disturbs the equilibrium between the soul and the body.
It is the mother of vices.
The Colon is King.” -Victor Hugo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2015 08:37AM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: September 13, 2015 05:41PM

I saw this Ann Wigmore recipe with comfrey ingredient and I figured it was a wild weed, correct?

Date: September 13, 2015 07:10PM

Dear Suncloud,
the reason my teacher recommended that doctor is because when I told him that your diagnosis was post infectious IBS, he said, "who diagnosed her?" I said, "I think it was a self-diagnosis", based on what you wrote earlier:

"I think I may have something called "post-infectious IBS".

So, he would not accept that self diagnosis and recommended you contact that doctor.

Raw P wrote:
For me the addition of fermented juices and foods was critical

Tai:
Interesting. Would you please share what fermented juices you drank? Rejuvelac is fermented grain water, not juice, so I am curious what you drank. Have you ever tried Kevita brand fermented drinks? If I ever eat too much, I drink one of those and it helps with digestion.

I know some Ann Wigmore institutes started using fermented cabbage juice in place of rejuvelac for some dishes.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: September 14, 2015 09:34PM

I do make ferments of cabbage, sprouted lentils, sprouted mung beans, beets, onions, garlic and other vegetables.

I do not ferment juices.

I drink the fermented water from the fermented veggies.

I usually do not eat the fermented veggies, just get the water.

I add some of the fermented liquid to freshly juiced green juices and let it sit in the fridge for about 10 minutes. That does ferment the juices.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 17, 2015 11:55PM

suncloud

maybe your nerves are inflammed, irritated or vertebrate misalignment is structurally impinging the nerves so you are not getting the right electrical signaling to your respective organs including all the ones involving digestion etc.

just a thought
who knows..

good luck

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables