Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Error when posting
Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: April 12, 2015 06:19PM

I've been trying to post in my food diary, but every time it keeps saying "Phorum Database Error", it's been like this on/off and now for the past weeks. However, I sometimes am able to post in the topics of this section.

Do you have any idea why is this happening? Is it because of my laptop or what could be the problem?

Thank you so much.

Btw, I love the new appearance of the spam prevention code, it's so clear to read now, thank you for changing it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Error when posting
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 12, 2015 06:51PM

If you cut and paste text from a website, you may be entering especial characters (letters or symbols) that the forum cannot save and thus creating an error. You have to use plain text encoded in plain ASCII.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2015 06:54PM by Panchito.

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: April 13, 2015 01:26PM

Thank you, Panchito.

Unfortunately, this happens when I'm typing my post in the respective box, so I'm using the normal characters, meaning just plain text like I usually do.

I've been copying my menu from WordPad recently, that's where I saved it, as I don't have Microsoft Word installed on my laptop, so maybe this can be one cause, but other than that I used plain text, which also gave me this error.

I guess I'll just give it time, maybe it will go away...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Date: April 16, 2015 10:43AM

Panchito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you cut and paste text from a website, you may
> be entering especial characters (letters or
> symbols) that the forum cannot save and thus
> creating an error. You have to use plain text
> encoded in plain ASCII.

I often encounter that problem when posting extracts from studies, but but but, when l post only the first two words, post it and then go back and post the rest of the study it always works out fine. If l post a whole extract and take out all the unrecognised characters l still have the same problem. Other times it says l have spam and say my posts need moderator approval.

On my site it sometimes say l exceed the 2,000 character limit regardless of whether l do or not. But much more wierd stuff than that happens at my place, eg, invisible writing, entire sentences that won't go online and all types of crazy stuff.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2015 10:45AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 16, 2015 01:04PM

thanks TSM for the tip. I use a text editor to convert the text. With Open office Writer, I save the text as "text" in the Save As option. Then copy and paste to the forum. It works on long scientific blocks with special characters

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables