Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: a world without jobs was once real
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: April 18, 2015 03:44AM

Panchito:
Spot on what you wrote about domestication, the brainwashing, separation and stratification is so complete most don't have a clue.

HH:
I loved what you wrote and totally agree that people need to disconnect from the work/slavery aspect or they will implode.

"I was admittedly being cheeky, but I also wanted to see what you had to say about your stance on work and being on alimony."

Suez is always defending work and jobs and money so I've asked her many times what her noble profession was and she has always skirted the issue. Yes I made up the alimony hypothesis, but Suez could easily enlighten us...

fresh:
"nunativs, what's your story, how long do you plan to roam? you have incoming funds/savings for the foreseeable future?"

I plan to roam my entire Life. Not all the time, not long distance, but even to see a different angle of the sunset, a different bend in a river, climb a different mountain, it keeps things "fresh" and makes you appreciate Life. I especially am interested in seasonal migration even within the state of California only like the Native Americans but in a broader scale.

I have lived on remote tracks of land off grid several times as jt eleudes to, and found myself getting bored, numb and wanting adventure and new scenery to wake me up after a year or two even though I was in a personal Paradise.

The main reason I have taken up living mobile is that it's a statement against ownership. It's wrong in my mind to buy, fence and squat on ANY land or waterside. The only way to share Lake Tahoe or any other Earthly power spot is to not own it.

Lois I'm jumping your imaginary property lines...

NuNativs on YouTube...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lois ()
Date: April 24, 2015 09:22PM

NuNativs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> "What is this you call property? It cannot be the
> earth, for the land is our mother, nourishing all
> her children, beasts, birds, fish and all men. The
> woods, the streams, everything on it belongs to
> everybody and is for the use of all. How can one
> man say it belongs only to him?" -Massasoit

The right to private property meant at the same time the right and duty to be personally concerned about your own well-being, to be personally concerned about your family's income, to be personally concerned about your future. This is hard work. ~Mikhail Khodorkovsky

“Funny thing how it is. If a man owns a little property, that property is him, it's part of him, and it's like him. If he owns property only so he can walk on it and handle it and be sad when it isn't doing well, and feel fine when the rain falls on it, that property is him, and some way he's bigger because he owns it. Even if he isn't successful he's big with his property. That is so.' ~John Steinbeck

If history could teach us anything, it would be that private property is inextricably linked with civilization. ~Ludwig von Mises

Private property was the original source of freedom. It still is its main bulwark. ~Walter Lippmann

Every man has a property in his own person. This nobody has a right to, but himself. ~John Locke

Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place. ~Frederic Bastiat

The reason why men enter into society is the preservation of their property. ~John Locke

Just as man can't exist without his body, so no rights can exist without the right to translate one's rights into reality, to think, to work and keep the results, which means: the right of property. ~Ayn Rand

An argument fatal to the communist theory, is suggested by the fact, that a desire for property is one of the elements of our nature. ~Herbert Spencer

Privacy is the essence of liberty. Without it, individual rights cannot exist. Privacy and property are interlocked. If both were protected, little would need to be said about other civil liberties. If one’s home, church or business is one’s castle, and the privacy of one’s person, papers and effects are rigidly protected, all rights desired in a free society will be guaranteed. ~Ron Paul

Land which is privately owned receives better care and more love and respect by the individual than land which belongs to everyone and no one, used by the masses. ~Lois

> The Brahiminist theology called Vedanta believes
> that the root of ownership is the feeling that one
> is separate from the rest of the universe. Given
> this understanding, one disconnects oneself from
> the universe, and then attempts to reconnect with
> objects through a relationship which is called
> ownership. Vedanta believes that the feeling of
> ownership is an illusion, which remains with
> oneself as long as one considers oneself as
> separate from the Universe. When one understands
> the fundamental reality that there is only one
> entity called the Universe, there is no need for
> ownership and one gets rid of this illusion.

Only an enlightened or self-realized person could feel and understand that fundamental reality, so too bad it's unrealistic and unfeasible for the rest of us.

> (Your diet's not serving you....)

So if I agreed with your philosophy, my diet would be serving me - LOL

Date: April 25, 2015 12:14AM

"By fencing me OUT, you box yourselves IN" Joe & Kay Peterson, Founder of the Escapees

Might as well Jump!

NuNativs on YouTube...

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: April 25, 2015 12:38AM

The only thing I don't like about where I live is than fences are not allowed.
It's hard to keep neighbor's cats from killing off all the wildlife.

Date: April 25, 2015 02:43AM

A fence won't contain a cat, hey how about get rid of cat "ownership"? A WILD animal is much more interesting, less maintenance and self sufficient, i.e., it fits into the landscape and can actually sustain itself and its offspring...

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: April 25, 2015 09:57AM

NuNativs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A fence won't contain a cat, hey how about get rid
> of cat "ownership"? A WILD animal is much more
> interesting, less maintenance and self sufficient,
> i.e., it fits into the landscape and can actually
> sustain itself and its offspring...

I wish people who have domestic pets would at least put bells on their collars or keep them confined to kill the wildlife in only their own yards where I'd don't have to watch the carnage on wildlife I like to watch and feel close to.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables